Thoughts on CM Storm Stryker/Trooper?

FineVisionz

I LOVE the stryker personally, i don't have it but it looks amazing, I HATE white devices like cases and phones, but this case is the only exception.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

i have the stryker.

first objective reasons for and against it

really well built, paintwork is great. roomy to work in, but its damn heavy.

now what i think about it. 

when i got it, i loved it, its really big and solid, that drawer is soooo useful ;) now when im older, i find it a little flashy and would love to switch it for a 440 or something similar.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

i have the stryker.

first objective reasons for and against it

really well built, paintwork is great. roomy to work in, but its damn heavy.

now what i think about it.

when i got it, i loved it, its really big and solid, that drawer is soooo useful ;) now when im older, i find it a little flashy and would love to switch it for a 440 or something similar.

So would you recommend it?

So would you recommend it?

how old are you? do you like flashy things? then yes i would. of you dont, but want white, get the h440.

its a really good case, and i love it, but its just too flashy for me. also, if you are in europe, i am willing to sell it (just not sure of the price, because id like to buy a less flashy case, at the least expense xD)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

how old are you? do you like flashy things? then yes i would. of you dont, but want white, get the h440.

its a really good case, and i love it, but its just too flashy for me. also, if you are in europe, i am willing to sell it (just not sure of the price, because id like to buy a less flashy case, at the least expense xD)

I don't like SUPER flashy things,  but I just don't want my computer to look like refrigerator.  I also want it to be impressive looking to people you have no clue about computers.

I don't like SUPER flashy things,  but I just don't want my computer to look like refrigerator.  I also want it to be impressive looking to people you have no clue about computers.

well the stryker can be made super flashy, or you can have it just standing there, having the posture of a full tower, so eyes will be drawn to it

well the stryker can be made super flashy, or you can have it just standing there, having the posture of a full tower, so eyes will be drawn to it

CM Storm Stryker/Trooper, Corsair 750D, or NZXT H440.  Which would you choose?

CM Storm Stryker/Trooper, Corsair 750D, or NZXT H440. Which would you choose?

H440 no contest

H440 no contest

Why the H440? (Just wondering). Because to me, I feel you get more for your money with the Corair 750D. Its not as good looking but, it has better airflow and better cooling support. I want the H440, but it just not for me. (Unless you can convince me. :)

Why the H440? (Just wondering). Because to me, I feel you get more for your money with the Corair 750D. Its not as good looking but, it has better airflow and better cooling support. I want the H440, but it just not for me. (Unless you can convince me. :)

im going based on my preference. the obsidians just look too ugly for me to bear them :P if you can, it is objectively better

What are you guyses thoughts on this

After almost buying a new case, I instead went back to the Storm Stryker. It is a great case, and I hate myself for abandoning it the first time. It is roomy, great cable management, and I get great temps. It is built solid, fan controller, front 2.5 inch dock, filters on the bottom, top, front, and a handle. I do agree it is heavy, and I am not old, but kinda am...if that makes any sense, but I like the look of it, as mentioned, the paint job is good. 

My only one problem with it is that if I want the fans facing forward, to pull air into the case, my HDD cables will be visible, but I tucked the cables in through the side and moved em around and they do not look bad at all. This compared to the last two cases I owned, it is solid. The other two felt really fragile and I was afraid of breaking em, I am still afraid of breaking the Air 540. But the Storm Stryker is breaking me, and I sure as hell am glad it has a handle. I can highly recommend this. love this case, and I also love all these other nice cases coming, but really, the only way I'll replace the Stryker is if I just say "oh f**k, why not?" and buy a Cosmos II or a NZXT Phantom 820. One more thing, the CM storm emblem for the power button is sweet! I just like the little design.