Monitor for Console Gaming

Shear

Hey guy, I am looking for a monitor for console gaming as I have a 1440p for my PC and the image just looks weird on it at 1080p I can't stand it and I was wondering if anyone know how would Asus MX279H or even Asus PB298Q would look.

I know that Asus PB298Q is higher resolution, but it's still 1080p from what I understand.

Picture Quality over response time and all that because I am playing on a console and I am not a pro gamer, so I want it to look nice far more then I want all the other stuff.

Yeah, both will work, but the PB298Q will have black lines around the picture as the Console is only 1080p. So i would go with the MX279H.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Well it's weird, I played some BF4 on in and it looked blurry, then I fired up some The Last of Us and everything seems a bit squished, I don't even know how that works. So I thought why not get another monitor put it on the side of my other one and have one for console and 2 for multi-tasking on my PC.

Hey guy, I am looking for a monitor for console gaming as I have a 1440p for my PC and the image just looks weird on it at 1080p I can't stand it and I was wondering if anyone know how would Asus MX279H or even Asus PB298Q would look. I know that Asus PB298Q is higher resolution, but it's still 1080p from what I understand.

Picture Quality over response time and all that because I am playing on a console and I am not a pro gamer, so I want it to look nice far more then I want all the other stuff.

Hello good sir! & welcome to the LTT forum :).

I'd save my money if I were you, buying a 21:9 monitor for playing console titles @ either 1080p or lower resolutions has no benefits. I'd go with a standard 1080p with an ips/pls panel (60hz) with the following connections dual hdmi + dvi-d/display port

Well it's weird, I played some BF4 on in and it looked blurry, then I fired up some The Last of Us and everything seems a bit squished, I don't even know how that works. So I thought why not get another monitor put it on the side of my other one and have one for console and 2 for multi-tasking on my PC.

Was motion blur on when you were playing?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Money isn't really bothering me, I haven't gotten anything for myself in a while so would be a nice treat a 29 inch monitor as well as they look god damn amazing.

The one I have now, I really love, the colors are amazing and running games at 1440p is nice, but running ps4 on it was just not nice at all, the colors were off and the picture itself was a bit blurry, my tv looks better.

Regarding motion blur, I don't really understand what you mean by if it was on, I mean don't really notice it if that's what you mean.