FX 8320 sabertooth Mobo vs i5 4690k Asus Z97-A mobo

Both the Asus Z97-A and MSi Z97 gaming 5 have 20 pci-e 3.0 lanes.

Configured as X16 / X8.

This means you can cf/sli at 8x speeds gen 3.

Which is equaly to 16x gen 2 on 990FX chipsetboards.

Msi Z97-G55 sli i need to dig that up, for a second.

Configured as X16 / X8.

20 lanes? Also features and oc?

On the Asus Z97-A you should be capable of doing some basic overclocking.

Same story goes for the msi.

I personaly prefer the Asus bios wenn it comes to overclocking, in my opinnion Asus makes the most overclock friendly bios versions, but that personal.

I dont have experiance with msi´s click bios.

But basicly you should be capable of overclocking on both boards.

Offcourse there are better overclocking boards, like gigabyte Z97 soc force, or Asus ROG boards

But they also cost allot more cash.

Still overclocking is a matter of luck, every cpu is diffrent. ONe cpu can overclock like crazy, the other can overclock worse. "its still haswell"

But as far as an i5-4690K concerns it allready boosts upto 4Ghz. so a minor overclock to 4.2Ghz is allready nice.

But not realy needed

just take the mobo with the best look ;), Also i like the audio chip on the MSi one (i have the MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming) and i am verry happy with the overall performance of the board, i wish i could say that about my 4770k ...

Let's agree to disagree

Configured as X16 / X8.

Msi Z97-G55 sli i need to dig that up, for a second.

Okay what about oc and features?

Okay what about oc and features?

i quoted you previous page lol ;)

my English is kinda terrible so i have to edit my posts sometimes lol

On the Asus Z97-A you should be capable of doing some basic overclocking.

Same story goes for the msi.

I personaly prefer the Asus bios wenn it comes to overclocking, in my opinnion Asus makes the most overclock friendly bios versions, but that personal.

I dont have experiance with msi´s click bios.

But basicly you should be capable of overclocking on both boards.

Offcourse there are better overclocking boards, like gigabyte Z97 soc force, or Asus ROG boards

But they also cost allot more cash.

Still overclocking is a matter of luck, every cpu is diffrent. ONe cpu can overclock like crazy, the other can overclock worse. "its still haswell"

But as far as an i5-4690K concerns it allready boosts upto 4Ghz. so a minor overclock to 4.2Ghz is allready nice.

What board for oc go on the Canadian PC partpicker and look at the mobos with combos. What's one wirga. Combo with the 4690k that's entire combo price under $400 preferably under $390lol but $10 more for $400 if it can do much better oc.

i quoted you previous page lol ;)

my English is kinda terrible so i have to edit my posts sometimes lol

I did so I sent you a new one.

i know i am currently looking lol.

any prefered form factor? atx m-atx?

Atx look on partpicker though IDC about form factor any will do just best oc and features and cf Mobo

Also disregard ship because ima price match @ ncix. Also use PC part picker they have combos and stuff you can expand the cmobo tab to see all of them.

Find anything?

Also thanks for all your help so far, you are a very good person :D.

haha its allmost midnight uphere :P

Dont forget to test your current cards first :D

Valhalla, stop waiting people's time and do the tests that we have told you to run.  Don't assume anything.  One of your GPUs could be bad and you have to trouble shoot and test.  You can easily do your own research to see what kind of features a certain motherboard has.  They are all going to overclock the same.  Overclocking on Intel is 95% dependent on the chip you get and does not depend on power phase control like with AMD.  Any of those motherboards is going to overclock the exact same, it comes down to what features you want and all of those motherboards that you listed have roughly the same main features.  Should you upgrade to an i5 because it will only cost you $20?  Yes, absolutely, but stop assuming things and wasting our time when you haven't even run a simple troubleshooting test that we have asked you to run DAYS ago.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Valhalla, stop waiting people's time and do the tests that we have told you to run. Don't assume anything. One of your GPUs could be bad and you have to trouble shoot and test. You can easily do your own research to see what kind of features a certain motherboard has. They are all going to overclock the same. Overclocking on Intel is 95% dependent on the chip you get and does not depend on power phase control like with AMD. Any of those motherboards is going to overclock the exact same, it comes down to what features you want and all of those motherboards that you listed have roughly the same main features. Should you upgrade to an i5 because it will only cost you $20? Yes, absolutely, but stop assuming things and wasting our time when you haven't even run a simple troubleshooting test that we have asked you to run DAYS ago.

Well good sir, I'm sorry. I did in fact run the tests and the GPUs are fine....

Any way thanks for your help.

haha its allmost midnight uphere :P

Dont forget to test your current cards first :D

Okay thanks :D they are working.