FX 8320 sabertooth Mobo vs i5 4690k Asus Z97-A mobo

i have to agree with Faa, you need to determine what is causing your crossfire issues.

FX8320 can slightly bottleneck a 7950 xfire setup offcourse, but an i5 will do this aswell at a certain point.

So you basicly say that in your friends 4670K rig you sufferd from the same issues,? even with diffrent ram?

well then its obviously not your cpu.

Then it seems to me that your problem is with one of your GPU´s, Or the combination of your gpu´s dont work well together for some reason...

This could offcourse sometimes happen, if you have 2 diffrent cards, from diffrent brands.

Back to you mobo question:

Asus Z97A

Msi Z97 Gaming 5

Are both very nice boards, The Msi gaming 5 has "probably" better onboard audio but thats just a side note!

Both GPUs are xfx...

G41 board? That's socket 775.

Oh lol well its something like that but haswell socket

Yes his board also did not have full lanes I think... I think that its a G41 board. That's what leads me to think its pcie... I may be wrong. What do you think?

THe Msi Z87-G41 pc mate board has 20 pci-e lanes configured as x16 /x4.

This basicly means that your crossfire setup is running 4x.

I´m not sure if both slots are gen 3, im still digging arround on that.

But it could be that its running 4x gen 2... like on your own Asrock 970 extreme3.

And that could be an potential issue.

Your both cards are XFX, if every card works fine sepperatly.

But in crossfire give issues, thats kinda wierd.

H81, B85, H87, Q87, Z87, H97, Z97

This here: http://m.ncix.com/products/search/?q=MSI+haswell one of those either the MSI g41 or g43.

But it could be that its running 4x gen 2... like on your own Asrock 970 extreme3.

Yes that's what I suspect... This why I go Intel cause CPU is faster and only $20 more than amd option. I can try with his MSI GPU... To do XFX and MSI cf but he has ref 7950 and his crap msi board... With dem slow pcie lanes. Idk man please tell me lol.

This here: http://m.ncix.com/products/search/?q=MSI+haswell one of those either the MSI g41 or g43.

What about the G55-SLI?

http://www.ncix.com/detail/msi-z97-g55-sli-atx-lga1150-d8-97054-1017.htm

Ignore the negative review, he got a faulty one.

Your both cards are XFX, if every card works fine sepperatly.

But in crossfire give issues, thats kinda wierd

That's why I suspect the 4x thing... When I Coem home ima test both cards separately. I know one works idk about the other, it should though lol, I will test it but I'm 99% sure it does, as I said I never checked... Let's assume it works because if not answer is simple RMA it then get Intel set up.

That's why I suspect the 4x thing... When I Coem home ima test both cards separately. I know one works idk about the other, it should though lol, I will test it but I'm 99% sure it does, as I said I never checked... Let's assume it works because if not answer is simple RMA it then get Intel set up.

yes

Check both cards sepperatly.

Thats the best place to start digging.

If both cards work fine sepperatly, then you know that you dont have a faulty gpu.

Even if a card is showing display, it still does not allways mean that the card is fine.

Cards can suffer from diffrent issues, like overheating vrm´s (which definitely was an issue with 7000 series XFX cards!) or memory issues

So i would advice you test them sepperately, playing some heaving gaming on it, and run some heavy benchmarks like unigin heaven, and furmark

What about the G55-SLI?

http://www.ncix.com/detail/msi-z97-g55-sli-atx-lga1150-d8-97054-1017.htm

Ignore the negative review, he got a faulty one.

That one I sent is his board. My options are that g55 sli, MSI gaming 5 Asus z97-a... All are +-$10 which is best price out of the question because all are very close. I want to oc have stable PC and cf is #1 priority though I will only ever do 2x xfire never 3 or 4.

yes

As in both in my PC I run tests if they go 99% usage its all good right? But let's assume they work becuase I bet they do...

yes

Thats the best place to start digging.

If both cards work fine sepperatly, then you know that you dont have a faulty gpu.

Even if a card is showing display, it still does not allways mean that the card is fine.

Cards can suffer from diffrent issues, like overheating vrm´s (which was definitely an issues with 7000 series XFX cards!)

Okay lol I'll test both separately in my 8320 rig on bf4 if they work then that's nailed. And of they don't its a simple answer RMA it... But since im 99% sure they work let's keep taking as of they work... And I'd they don't I RMA it and get the Intel set up...

Yup but let's go as if they work so I know what's the issue if they do and what Mobo do you think, I sent the list that I can get to harrynowl. As I said it works and if it don't I RMA and still get Intel board since I will have to get new amd and entire Intel set up is $20 cheaper...

Okay lol I'll test both separately in my 8320 rig on bf4 if they work then that's nailed. And of they don't its a simple answer RMA it... But since im 99% sure they work let's keep taking as of they work... And I'd they don't I RMA it and get the Intel set up...

i would first test them sepperatly realy.

If you game on the first card and it works fine.

Then take it out and install the second one, and try that card aswell.

monitor the temps and gpu load.

Before you think about upgrading. walking ahead without nailling things down is not allways a good way to solve.

If your friends 4670K suffer from the same issue, then its most likely related to one of your gpu´s.

Before you think about upgrading.

Yes but if it works all good then I have to upgrade. And IF IT DONT I still have to upgrade... Because of ass asrock Mobo...

Before you think about upgrading. walking ahead without nailling things down is not allways a good way to solve.

If your friends 4670K suffer from the same issue, then its most likely related to one of your gpu´s.

BUT he HAS 4x too.. And that seems to be the issue at hand here... So I WILL test BEFORE I UPGRADE and as I said before if it WORKS then I get Intel set up, if it don't then I RMA IT AND STILL get the Intel set up BECAUSE AS IT STANDS NOW it's the 4x issue, please correct me if I'm wrong as you are SMARTER THAN ME.

Yes but if it works all good then I have to upgrade. And IF IT DONT I still have to upgrade... Because of ass asrock Mobo...

Well as soon as you nailled it down, you can decide what you best choice is.

maybe an upgrade to an 4690K could be a good idea.

But it would be a pitty if you invest $300+ on a intel cpu + mobo, and in the end you got one faulty 7950. (which my feelings tell me in some way)

Then you had basicly trowed your money in the sea.

On the other hand, the i5-4690K is offcourse a better cpu for gaming, im not gonne deny that.

But it depends on the games you play, mainaly if an upgrade is worth it or not.

For just BF4 its not worth it.

But for games like dayZ, ARMA, Skyrim, it might be worth it

Well as soon as you nailled it down, you can decide what you best choice is.

maybe an upgrade to an 4690K could be a good idea.

But it would be a pitty if you invest $300+ on a intel cpu + mobo, and in the end you got one faulty 7950.

Then you had basicly trowed your money in the sea.

On the other hand, the i5-4690K is offcourse a better cpu for gaming, im not gonne deny that.

But it depends on the games you play, mainaly if an upgrade is worth it or not.

For just BF4 its not worth it.

But for games like dayZ, ARMA, Skyrim, it might be worth it

Okay but PLEASE READ THIS:

EITHER WAY I have to upgrade my Mobo. For amd Mobo upgrade its $100

The entire Intel set up after I sell my FX and Mobo to my friend costs me $120... So as you see ITS ONLY $20 MORE FOR INTEL route than amd one, thus I want to get Intel... Cause as I understand it MOBO is 100% the issue because broken card or not 4x is too slow... CORRRECT ME if I'm wrong please, but as I see it now its the 4x and maybe the card but regardless I need to buy the new Mobo so I might aswell go Intel cause its $20 more... Not $300...

To test your 2nd card you have to switch your monitor cable to the 2nd card. All I can say about the 8320 vs 4670k, in BF4 difference is averagely 20-30% at best but in BF3 (which uses 2 less cores) the difference is much bigger.

Seriously test your cards in depth, not just 5mins but 8 hours heaven, just like @Sintezza said it would be stupid to upgrade to Intel if one is defective.

Okay but PLEASE READ THIS:

EITHER WAY I have to upgrade my Mobo. For amd Mobo upgrade its $100

The entire Intel set up after I sell my FX and Mobo to my friend costs me $120... So as you see ITS ONLY $20 MORE FOR INTEL route than amd one, thus I want to get Intel... Cause as I understand it MOBO is 100% the issue because broken card or not 4x is too slow...

Well i can tell you for now, that the thing that i was suspecting is true!

The msi Z87 G41 pc mate has 2 pci-e slots. the X16 slot is gen3 but the X4 slot is gen 2.

This means that your crossfire setup is running a 4x pci-e 2.0 speeds.. the same thing as on your asrock 970 extreme 3.

This could be an potentionel issue!

To test your 2nd card you have to switch your monitor cable to the 2nd card. All I can say about the 8320 vs 4670k, in BF4 difference is averagely 20-30% at best but in BF3 (which uses 2 less cores) the difference is much bigger.

Ah can you also answer what I said to sinzeta?

The msi Z87 G41 pc mate has 2 pci-e slots. the X16 slot is gen3 but the X4 slot is gen 2.

This means that your crossfire setup is running a 4x pci-e 2.0 speeds.. the same thing as on your asrock 970 extreme 3.

This could be the issue!

Yes that's what I was saying for the past 10mins lol, any way ima yes the card. So is the 20 worth it for Intel? Intel UPGRADE IS IS ONLY $20 COMPARED TO GETIING the amd sabertooth. So what z97 Mobo I get???

I know so what do I do? What's better sabertooth and FX or 4690k and MSI g55 sli or MSI gaming 5 or Asus z97 a (the Intel is $20 more) and if Intel what Mobo do I pick out of the 3?

I know so what do I do? What's better sabertooth and FX or 4690k and MSI g55 sli or MSI gaming 5 or Asus z97 a (the Intel is $20 more) and if Intel what Mobo do I pick out of the 3? PLEASE ANSWER

okay im gonne nail this down to 2 potentional scenario´s.

Scenario 1:  One of your 7950´s is faulty.

Scenario 2: you get bottlenecked by the pci-e bandwith.

Either of those scenario´s can only be nailled down, deu testing both cards sepperatly on a x16 slot

If both cars seem to work fine as a single gpu setup, then its most likely the 4x gen 2 bandwith which is limiting you.

Scenario 1: One of your 7950´s is faulty.

Scenario 2: you get bottlenecked by the pci-e speeds.

Either of those scenario´s can only be nailled down, deu testing both cards sepperatly on a x16 slot

I know IF THE 7950S WORK WHAT DO I DO? PLEASE ANSWER MY LAST POST.

Thanks

Intel one is future proof

Oh can you answer the Mobo question I sent to sinzetta?

Scenario 1: One of your 7950´s is faulty.

If both cars seem to work fine as a single gpu setup, then its most likely the 4x gen 2 bandwith which is limiting you.

I know so what do I do? What's better sabertooth and FX or 4690k and MSI g55 sli or MSI gaming 5 or Asus z97 a (the Intel is $20 more) and if Intel what Mobo do I pick out of the 3? PLEASE ANSWER?????

Scenario 1:  One of your 7950´s is faulty.

Well he means a sabertooth board costs him 20$ less than buying a 4670k & a MSI z97 G55 SLI (selling his 8320). Just lets tell him to get it and get this thread locked.

I know so what do I do? What's better sabertooth and FX or 4690k and MSI g55 sli or MSI gaming 5 or Asus z97 a (the Intel is $20 more) and if Intel what Mobo do I pick out of the 3? PLEASE ANSWER

Just go get Intel with that G55 SLI/gaming 90004343543 or asus z97-a

I know IF THE 7950S WORK WHAT DO I DO? PLEASE ANSWER MY LAST POST.

Thanks

Yes, the G55 SLI/Gaming 7/z97-a will do 7950's in Crossfire at both pcie express 3.0 x8/x8.

Well he means a sabertooth board costs him 20$ less than buying a 4670k & a MSI z97 G55 SLI (selling his 8320). Just lets tell him to get it and get this thread locked.

Just go get Intel with that G55 SLI/gaming 90004343543 or asus z97-a

Which out of the 3 mobo? Please answer with what you would take, and what are the pros and con's of each?

Which out of the 3 mobo? Please answer with what you would take, and what are the pros and con's of each?

They are all perfect, just get the one you prefer.

They are all perfect, just get the one you prefer.

Oh which would you get? Which has best features? Which has best oc? Which has best CF lanes? As in 8x 8x or 16x 8x or 16x 16x?

Well basicly  i agree, for only $20 you could upgrade.

Grab the Asus Z97-A or Msi Z97 Gaming 5.

Well basicly i agree, for only $20 you could upgrade.

Grab the Asus Z97-A or Msi Z97 Gaming 5

So those 2 are the best? The G55 sli is worst right?

Can anyone list the features etc?