Jumpy Latency/Ping

Grimmeh

Hello everyone!

I have some connection issues which I am using ethernet cable to the Router that is 3 mega bit and my ISP is Comcast.

My ping would be fine then suddenly it would jump up to the max of 1387 ping while gaming. Its insane and it only happens for 3 seconds and then goes normal, I get about 20-1000+ and I am not sure why, Orignally I would get 10-60ping, I had a few buddies help me but the latency is still jumpy and still goes up to 1000+.

My OS is a Windows 8.

Any solutions?

Are there any other computers on your network that could be "leaking?" My stepdad's computer causes a decent ping jump most of the time when it's connected to the network.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Have you tried reinstalling your network driver? Or resetting the router?

I reset the router 2 times, did nothing. I did not reset the network Adapter though if there are instructions available.

Are there any other computers on your network that could be "leaking?" My stepdad's computer causes a decent ping jump most of the time when it's connected to the network.

I don't think so really. All I have is my desktop and Phone connected

I reset the router 2 times, did nothing. I did not reset the network Adapter though if there are instructions available.

To reinstall the network adapter go to your motherboard manufacruter's website and download the latest Realtek LAN driver or Killer, whichever type you have. Then head to the control panel, device manager, network adapter, uninstall the current driver. Than install the one you downloaded and restart the computer.

To reinstall the network adapter go to your motherboard manufacruter's website and download the latest Realtek LAN driver or Killer, whichever type you have. Then head to the control panel, device manager, network adapter, uninstall the current driver. Than install the one you downloaded and restart the computer.

You sure this will work? I feel concerned about it, well if thats the case then yea I can do it. What about softwares that fix your ping?

You sure this will work? I feel concerned about it, well if thats the case then yea I can do it. What about softwares that fix your ping?

As long as you download the correct driver there shouldn't be a problem, it's just like when you installed it for the first time. I don't believe there are any programs that can do that. Usually that's a feature on a router, like my router allows for network packet prioritization. So anything else that the network is being used for takes a backseat to gaming central packets.