"KickassTorrents goes secure, encrypts traffic for all visitors"

TopWargamer

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/kickasstorrents-goes-secure-encrypts-traffic-for-all-visitors140831/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torrentfreak+%28Torrentfreak%29&utm_content=FaceBook

KickassTorrents is the first large torrent site to bump up its security and force SSL encryption for all visitors. This makes it impossible for outsiders, Internet providers included, to monitor page visits or snoop on data being sent.

Now that was a bit surprising to be honest. Hey, I won't complain. Any site that gets SSL encryption is a good thing...especially in this case if you download your torrents from KAT. In the wake of this news, I wonder how many other torrent sites will add SSL encryption...

KAT.png

Suck on that SSL encryption Mr. ISP.

8f69479e5b.gif

COMIC SANS

@TopWargamer MOAR ANIME

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

This I like...even though I torrent once in a blue moon

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I wonder how many other torrent sites will add SSL encryption - especially The Pirate Bay, since they are the largest torrent website and all... 

dude the pirate bay has been using SSL since 2008 xD

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

dude the pirate bay has been using SSL since 2008 xD

O_O

It has!? Well I never go on there so I wouldn't really know...

>.>

COMIC SANS

if your isp doesnt know the content of the files your torrenting then its impossible for them to determine weather its illegal

omg best idea ever, there should a be new marvel movie called encryptoman

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

That just means traffic to their site is encrypted. BitTorrent itself is still unecrypted.

I think you can have it encrypted in the options somewhere unless I'm mistaken.(I don't use torrent software very often so it's possible I'm just crazy, since Comcast pretty much shoots me down right away)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Yes, now my...

erm...

Linux distros are coming through securely!

BitTorrent itself is still unecrypted.

423.png

EDIT: After some reading, the BitTorrent protocol does support encryption, but mainly to obfuscate the traffic, not really for security.

Yes, now my...

erm...

Linux distros are coming through securely!

*After torrenting several hundreds gigabytes of data* Man these distros are getting bigger each day.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

*After torrenting several hundreds gigabytes of data* Man these distros are getting bigger each day.

Yeah, about that overage Comcast.... Uh... I just do a LOT of testing. Ubuntu was like 40GB! These OSes are crazy! Blame the devs!

That just means traffic to their site is encrypted. BitTorrent itself is still unecrypted.

You can have encrypted bitorrent 

like nyaa.se?  to bad the getting ddos right now.

Damn i was about to say its down, i cant acces myanime QQ

VPN is so cheap now, if you're going to dip your wick in dirty torrents you could at least use protection.

The earth may never again be blessed with such a perfect analogy.

Does this mean people could download without the need for a VPN? Or could ISP's or people monitoring clusters still find out who you are?

TVTorrents have had encrypted site and traffic for a while now

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly