What should I do with these?

HeathCliff

So, this morning, a guy was clearing out some old stuff. He told me that I can have both of these for a fiver. So now that I have them, I was wondering what I can do with these. I was considering doing the 'key chain'. However, the only key I have is attached to my student ID, so making it bulky was not an option I'd like to take.

jENYSpt.jpg

What do you think? Any other options?

Ignore the munched table. So many disasters have occurred on it.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

I also got a few of these, other than maybe take the gold from the pins, I don't see what to do with them except throwing them in a waste bin. (I am NOT going to take 1 hour to go out of my way to get to an electronic recycling center)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I also got a few of these, other than maybe take the gold from the pins, I don't see what to do with them except throwing them in a waste bin. (I am NOT going to take 1 hour to go out of my way to get to an electronic recycling center)

Lol. Screw recycling.

I'd make a keychain just because it's ballin.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Make a necklace with one if you don't want a keychain, it'll make you a tech pimp.

The other one, maybe scramble some bits together and make a small NASbox?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Lol. Screw recycling.

I'd make a keychain just because it's ballin.

Might just end up using it as a key chain for my backpack.

Make a necklace with one if you don't want a keychain, it'll make you a tech pimp.

The other one, maybe scramble some bits together and make a small NASbox?

Both of these have been reported as 'not working'. 

Also, we all know from linus, the best necklace is composed of quadros.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Might just end up using it as a key chain for my backpack.

Both of these have been reported as 'not working'. 

Also, we all know from linus, the best necklace is composed of quadros.

Earrings for the nerdiest girlfriend ever? which would be completely sexy on a woman. (sand the sharp edges first though lol)

Give them to me.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

you can always give them to me :P

Give them to me.

Do you want to pay for the shipping?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

make an extremely retro gaming pc for your old games.If they work.Or scrap the gold

Main rig: i5 4670k OC to 4.1GHz,8GB Ram ,GTX 770, Samsung 840 EVO 500GB(enough for me)

Laptop: Acer Aspire E15-571. Exotic stuff: Orange OPC MKIV for recording my guitar skillz, and play guitar in the bar(Miced)

Phone: iPhone 6 (main phone), Samsung Galaxy S4(my sister gave it to me days after I got my iPhone, I now use it as a secondary phone)

Shipping wont be much, so I would, yes. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Earrings for the nerdiest girlfriend ever? which would be completely sexy on a woman. (sand the sharp edges first though lol)

That might not be the best idea. These CPUs (despite the looks) actually weigh quite a bit. Not sure how well someones ears will hold up.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Maybe set them in some clear casting resin, make some neat coasters?

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Maybe set them in some clear casting resin, make some neat coasters?

They're 35mm square. I'd doubt I'll be able to find a cup that'll balance on one of them.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

They're 35mm square. I'd doubt I'll be able to find a cup that'll balance on one of them.

That's the point of the clear casting resin, the processors would be suspended in a block of it.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

That's the point of the clear casting resin, the processors would be suspended in a block of it.

That's a really good idea actually.

Or find a way to make a die with them, and have the worlds only cpu ice tray. to make cpu shaped ice cubes.

Kinda got sidetracked. Well...the deed has been done. It shall now be a keychain for my keyring. Thanks for the feedback everyone :3

eA58ocT.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Nice.

That's a really good idea actually.

Or find a way to make a die with them, and have the worlds only cpu ice tray. to make cpu shaped ice cubes.

Kinda got sidetracked. Well...the deed has been done. It shall now be a keychain for my backpack. Thanks for the feedback everyone :3

post-7546-0-79362400-1409502836.png

Guess I'll put this here for anyone else.  ;)

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

CPU COASTERS2.png

Guess I'll put this here for anyone else.  ;)

Aah so that's what you meant. It's a shame that I don't have the equipment to do something like this... I may try this next time (if the opportunity does rise up) 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Final result. What do you guys think?

Z6wecFV.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Aah so that's what you meant. It's a shame that I don't have the equipment to do something like this... I may try this next time (if the opportunity does rise up) 

A square mold, some casting resin, a CPU and some time is all you really need. It's a fun thing to try. I've used resin to make a Ironman props.

(Can I do this?)

/plugging

But seriously it's pretty neat stuff.

Nice, just be careful when you go to pick them up etc, sharp edges and all that.

Z6wecFV.jpg

Holy crap.

I want that.

And I want it now.

Dream Build: 
CPU: Intel Core i420 "Blazewell" GPU: Quad Titan GT420s RAM: 420GB Dank Dominator SSD: 9001 TB WD LeafGreen

i would pay for shipping

and im from portugal so its not very far