Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Raid-0 write speed issues

MariusJS

the drives look almost full could be the issue. could be the Sata ports or possible a firmware bug

Use Samsung Magician to update the firmware, that could be the issue.

the drives look almost full could be the issue. could be the Sata ports or possible a firmware bug

85% filled is not enough to cause performance degradation.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Use Samsung Magician to update the firmware, that could be the issue.

85% filled is not enough to cause performance degradation.

but thats like 7% for each drive i am not well versed in SSD RAID correct me if i am wrong

but thats like 7% for each drive i am not well versed in SSD RAID correct me if i am wrong

Oh shite I forgot about that. yea 93% is enough for performance degradation but it should happen that quickly really.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Oh shite I forgot about that. yea 93% is enough for performance degradation but it should happen that quickly really.

if op is able to move a chunk of his storage to another drive and then retry the benchmark that will confirm if that's the issue or not

Removed quite a lot of data, and 5 sec after reboot I got 950MB/s write with Crystaldiskmark 50MB, but then it dropped down again...
Swapped PCIe slot and Mini-sas slot aswell

OONSG.png

5tdRE.png

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

Have you tried a different SSD benchmark?

"Guardianship of all living things lies with those whose evolution is most complete. The Mantle of Responsibility shelters all."

Possible registry errors?

"Guardianship of all living things lies with those whose evolution is most complete. The Mantle of Responsibility shelters all."

Try a different SATA cable and port if you can.

What motherboard are you using?

backup data

disable array

secure erase both drives

create back raid0 array

restore backup

report if helps

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

And you guys really sux at math.

Data is split between drives, so both drives have 15% of free space

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

backup data

disable array

secure erase both drives

create back raid0 array

restore backup

report if helps

I might try it when I get some time :)