WiFi to Ethernet

Eckdayz
Go to solution Solved by Zeke,

You can use a Powerline adapter.

Ethernet cable is the best in terms of speed/ping and cost, but probably the least optimal in terms of looks/style/placement (if you don't have it in your wall or something).

Hey I was wondering if I can get WiFi to Ethernet by an adapter or something? I am a CS:GO competitive player and lag affects my gameplay, I get really bad lag spikes and was hoping if there is a solution to fix it. I tried many options such as WiFi range boosters, USB card adapters and even moving my PC to a better location in my house. I have no Ethernet ports in my room and my router is down stairs. Is their a solution to fix my lag or should I just tell an electrician to install Ethernet in my room?

Ethernet cable is the best in terms of speed/ping and cost, but probably the least optimal in terms of looks/style/placement (if you don't have it in your wall or something).

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Just drag a cable towards your room into your PC? It doesn't seem that complicated. Get yourself an ethernet cable of how long you need, maybe make some holes in the wall to make it look good (not needed though) and you've got the best possible internet possible. Do note that cables are only better for bandwith, not necessarily ping, so it probably won't make a difference for your lag

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

Just drag a cable towards your room into your PC? It doesn't seem that complicated. Get yourself an ethernet cable of how long you need, maybe make some holes in the wall to make it look good (not needed though) and you've got the best possible internet possible. Do note that cables are only better for bandwith, not necessarily ping, so it probably won't make a difference for your lag

I would probably need 30 meters of cable xD

Do that...

or run a ethernet cable. What kind of house do you have. USA Style Wood and Drywall or Stone and concrete?

I would probably need 30 meters of cable xD

That isn't that much. Just make sure you have some spare cable left on the ends, incase the plug brakes. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Do that...

or run a ethernet cable. What kind of house do you have. USA Style Wood and Drywall or Stone and concrete?

That isn't that much. Just make sure you have some spare cable left on the ends, incase the plug brakes. 

I don't live in the U.S.A I am from Australia. My house is brick and cement.

Well, you can go either Powerline or cable.

Powerline:

+ Good ping

+ Clean looks

- More expensive

- Doesn't work with some power stabilizers

- Decreases your speed a bit

Cable:

+ Good ping

+ Good speed

+ Relatively cheap

- Doesn't look as good (although you can try to hide it, some wall baseboards have room for cable)

+- Some tools might be required (although you can buy a patch cord, but the length might not be precise)

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Well, you can go either Powerline or cable.

Powerline:

+ Good ping

+ Clean looks

- More expensive

- Doesn't work with some power stabilizers

- Decreases your speed a bit

Cable:

+ Good ping

+ Good speed

+ Relatively cheap

- Doesn't look as good (although you can try to hide it, some wall baseboards have room for cable)

+- Some tools might be required (although you can buy a patch cord, but the length might not be precise)

I will probably go for powerline. Thanks for the suggestion man :D

That is why I said "USA Style". Than what @Zeke said. I have a powerline Adapter too. Even if it says 500 MB/s, those Manufactures lie! The Adapter I have only have 100 Mb/s ports, so 500 ain`t happening :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

That is why I said "USA Style". Than what @Zeke said. I have a powerline Adapter too. Even if it says 500 MB/s, those Manufactures lie! The Adapter I have only have 100 Mb/s ports, so 500 ain`t happening :D

Haha no need for 500MB/s, I have never seen Australian internet faster than 80MB/s :P. My internet maxes out at 25MB/s which is really crappy :L