how to disable overscan?

LunaticGTX460

so I've noticed when entering safe mode my 27 inch 1080p monitor goes to a mode of 1:1 pixel ratio
where the monitor and the resolution meet exatly at 1920x1080 pixels to 1920x1080 resolution.
but when in normal mode i can't seem to find a mode on my monitor or pc to make my monitor have 1:1 pixel ratio

can anyone please help me.
because the normal 1080p resolution on a 27 inch monitor introduces a lot of aliasing

thank you.

|| CPU Intel i7 3770K || MOBO ASRock H77M || RAM 8GB 1600mhz || HDD 1TB 7200 Sata II || SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB || GPU EVGA GTX 670 2GB FTW (boost core 1240mhz) || CPUCooler CM 212 EVO || PSU Seasonic M12II EVO 750W || CASE NZXT Phantom V2 (Pink-lol) || H-Phones Sennheiser HD600 || Gamepad XBox 360 Wireless Controller || Mouse Logitech G102 || K-Board CM Storm Trigger (MX Black) || Monitor Dell P2414H || AV Common Sense ||

so I've noticed when entering safe mode my 27 inch 1080p monitor goes to a mode of 1:1 pixel ratio

where the monitor and the resolution meet exatly at 1920x1080 pixels to 1920x1080 resolution.

but when in normal mode i can't seem to find a mode on my monitor or pc to make my monitor have 1:1 pixel ratio

can anyone please help me.

because the normal 1080p resolution on a 27 inch monitor introduces a lot of aliasing

thank you.

What monitor are you using?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

What monitor are you using?

benq gw 2750hm

|| CPU Intel i7 3770K || MOBO ASRock H77M || RAM 8GB 1600mhz || HDD 1TB 7200 Sata II || SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB || GPU EVGA GTX 670 2GB FTW (boost core 1240mhz) || CPUCooler CM 212 EVO || PSU Seasonic M12II EVO 750W || CASE NZXT Phantom V2 (Pink-lol) || H-Phones Sennheiser HD600 || Gamepad XBox 360 Wireless Controller || Mouse Logitech G102 || K-Board CM Storm Trigger (MX Black) || Monitor Dell P2414H || AV Common Sense ||

benq gw 2750hm

Okay, so the one in your sig below?

Okay, so the one in your sig below?

lol yes. sorry

I know that ati drivers have an option to change the size of the screen without changing resolution.
it's called overscan

but nvidia doesn't have one, is there like a function that i can download and install it to my nvidia control panel??

http://i.stack.imgur.com/ZKd0B.png

lol yes. sorry

Ah! No worries. :D

I know that ati drivers have an option to change the size of the screen without changing resolution.

it's called overscan

but nvidia doesn't have one, is there like a function that i can download and install it to my nvidia control panel??

http://i.stack.imgur.com/ZKd0B.png

The NVIDIA Control Panel does allow you to change how resolutions are handled. But, yes, it doesn't have a undescan or overscan option. I'm not on my desktop right now so I can't tell you exactly where the option is but it is there somewhere. Do me a favour and chuck up a screen cap of your NVIDIA Control Panel and I might be able to help you further. :)

The NVIDIA Control Panel does allow you to change how resolutions are handled. But, yes, it doesn't have a undescan or overscan option. I'm not on my desktop right now so I can't tell you exactly where the option is but it is there somewhere. Do me a favour and chuck up a screen cap of your NVIDIA Control Panel and I might be able to help you further. :)

how to upload an image?

THIS IS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR

it looks old but i know you can download this specific function somewhere.

http://www.ldso.net/tronfaq/images/Nvidia_ControlPanel.jpg

how to upload an image?

Okay, on any post or new post that you're creating there is a button just below bottom right of this text box called 'More Reply Options. Once you click that you should see an option to upload an image. If you need further help just ask. :)

Okay, on any post or new post that you're creating there is a button just below bottom right of this text box called 'More Reply Options. Once you click that you should see an option to upload an image. If you need further help just ask. :)

post-3485-0-47885400-1409463846_thumb.jp

THIS IS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR

it looks old but i know you can download this specific function somewhere.

http://www.ldso.net/tronfaq/images/Nvidia_ControlPanel.jpg

Hmm...yeah. Maybe with a 3rd party application.

Its under "Adjust size and position".

Edit: Ooop too slow :)

um no it isn't

-snip-

That's what you're after. Thanks @Grrizz for your added assistance. :)

well the other option I can do is find out exactly how many pixels my monitor has and make a custom resolution for a full screen 1:1 ratio

how the hell do i know how many pixels my monitor has vertical x horizontal??

Click the size tab ;)

that's not what I meant.

that size tab changes resolution with the resize

I'm looking to resize without changing resolution

that's not what I meant.

Well it looks like you're going to have to find a utility that can give you the option of overscan/underscan that the AMD Control Panel has...or just buy an AMD GPU :P. But I doubt you'll wanna do that :D.

Well it looks like you're going to have to find a utility that can give you the option of overscan/underscan that the AMD Control Panel has...or just buy an AMD GPU :P. But I doubt you'll wanna do that :D.

well thanks anyways.

I'll just use fxaa ot txaa until i get a new monitor whether it's 23 inch 1080p or 27 inch 1440p.

that's not what I meant.

Try adjusting it to fit in the resize menu then go to the "Change resolution" menu and re select 1920x1080, I think that applies the resolution to the adjusted area, not 100% sure though. I had a similar issue several years back so the details are a bit foggy ;)

Try adjusting it to fit in the resize menu then go to the "Change resolution" menu and re select 1920x1080, I think that applies the resolution to the adjusted area, not 100% sure though. I had a similar issue several years back so the details are a bit foggy ;)

rarely I say this. but you my friend are a genius.

it worked. thank you!!!