FX 8320 vs 4670k, worthy upgrade for crossfire?

So u tried it with an i5 and had the same issues?

Yes, his mobo is 4x though, its kind of crappy.

It may be the 4x... Well I might as well get intel if its better and get a kick ass mobo.

Any good recommendations with the 4690k and some mobo?I have a Shadow Rock 2 CPU cooler that I already have? 

Yes, his mobo is 4x though, its kind of crappy.

Well if you had the same issue and your second slot is x4 then that is probably the issue lol
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Well if you had the same issue and your second slot is x4 then that is probably the issue lol

Yea lol, before he used a old 1995 case and he could only put his single 7950 in that 2nd 4x slot, he did not get bad usage, why is that he did not get bad usage on a single card on that slot???

What about a 280x? Will the 8320 bottleneck the performance?

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Nope, I don't even think it's the CPU that bottlenecks my GPUs now LOL, It's prob my crap motherboard....

DON'T upgrade from 270x to 280x it's not worth it. Sell your 270x if you need to for $170 and grab a 7950 off ebay for $150 shipped and OC it and you will beat 280x.

Nope, I don't even think it's the CPU that bottlenecks my GPUs now LOL, It's prob my crap motherboard....

DON'T upgrade from 270x to 280x it's not worth it. Sell your 270x if you need to for $170 and grab a 7950 off ebay for $150 shipped and OC it and you will beat 280x.

I know that the 8320 is not a good performer when it comes to single threaded workloads. I'm thinking of getting a 290 instead. 

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

I know that the 8320 is not a good performer when it comes to single threaded workloads. I'm thinking of getting a 290 instead. 

I think its the Mobo not CPU... get 2 7950s.. they woop 290s ass and cost 300$ for both (150 each ebay)

I think its the Mobo not CPU... get 2 7950s.. they woop 290s ass and cost 300$ for both (150 each ebay)

I'm from the Philippines..... I don't think they ship here. hahahaha

Well then get a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3/UD5/UD7 rev 4.0! xD

Spoiler

That's odd. When I had my 7950s I would get higher FPS in BF4. I ran into similar issues when one of my cards went bad. 

That's funny I get 65% usage??? Also got that on my friends MSI G41 mobo and the i5 4670k at 4.0... what could it be?

Present?

If you're only getting 65% usage, then get Intel. You wouldn't notice a difference with a single 7950 but with two of them theres a noticeable difference.

I had massive town and AI mods, and Skyrim used very few cores of the 8350. It had gone to the point where my framerate dropped significantly when I looked at a town, but it remained a stable 100-ish FPS when I looked into the wild or got into a small battle.

Skyrim utilities very few cores, the 8350 has terrible core performance but great multi-threading performance, for example. The i5-4690k has amazing core performance and similar, if not better multi-threaded performance to the 8350.

In BF4, which uses 6 cores last I heard, the upgrade would be minimal, but still there. Skyrim, which uses even less, the upgrade would definitely exist.

i'm not doubting the benefits of an Intel processor, seeing as i currently have a 4790K and really like it, but from my experience i don't notice much of a difference between it and an FX-8350.

the FX is a slow chip for gaming, OP mentionned his GPu being badly bottlenecked and i have absolutely no trouble believing him as i dealed with the same issue and i upgraded my machine a couple months ago and games are world better now.

(not every game suffered from the slow FX cores, true...but many does and now it's gone.)

about the only difference i really noticed was that i could run Gamecube emulation better on my 4790K than i ever could on my FX-8350. even with my 4790K (overclocked to 4.5GHz, no less), i still saw major slowdowns from time to time in certain games like Saints Row 2, a notoriously shitty console port. sometimes, if a game is of EA/Ubisoft programming levels, it's going to run like constipation no matter what you use it on.

that being said, i agree that an Intel processor would be more forgiving if it's running a horribly-optimized game, but most of the time i would be more apt to blame poor programming than poor hardware, and in the former case there isn't much we can do about that. the FX-8300 series is really an incredible (if overhyped at times) line of processors despite its age, and it shows with the right program being used.

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear