Why Should We Forget Windows 8?

With the news Microsoft wants to pretend windows 8 never existed and they will be ending support sooner that ever, why should we allow them to do this.

I am a windows 8.1 user and I quite like windows 8.1 (as long as classic shell is installed) because of it's modern look, optimizations to the directx engine and other improvements that went unnoticed.

Seriously. Leave a reply about what you think microsoft is trying to pull off or your GOOD experiences with windows!

Do you want to remember Vista?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Don't let other's opinions change your own. If you like it, that's all that matters.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

They aren't really trying to pull off anything from what I can see, but maybe someone could educate me.

8.1 is a fix to a bunch (but not all) of the complaints/issues people had about Windows 8. As such, the support for Windows 8 will be dropped soon since 8.1 is a free upgrade, and in itself a successor.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Because many people legitimately do not give a crap about metro or see the point of the UI being forced on desktop users/anyone who has zero desire to use a touch screen. Metro UI alone puts a decent amount of people off that the actual improvements of Win8 get ignored because of Microsoft's terrible decision.

Just like with Vista, the backlash is something they'd rather forget never happen. I'm personally waiting for Win9 enterprise so I can finally upgrade from Win7. Tried 8 and wasn't much of a fan.

why should we allow them to do this.

This is why...

BSoD_in_Windows_8.png

Windows 7 has suit my needs just fine. tried windows 8.1 and meh not for me

Yea because blue screens never happened before Windows 8....

I have had more of these on windows 8 than 95, XP, and 7 combined.

Windows 8(.1) is a seriously great operating system in my opinion, when you have fixed the few flaws it has that is. If they hadn't fucked up the start menu with the "Modern UI" nonsense everyone would have loved it and it really is a shame. So many people have missed an OS that really is a ton better than Windows 7.

This is why...

BSoD_in_Windows_8.png

Got this piece of shit twice :(

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Windows 8(.1) is a seriously great operating system in my opinion, when you have fixed the few flaws it has that is. If they hadn't fucked up the start menu with the "Modern UI" nonsense everyone would have loved it and it really is a shame. So many people have missed an OS that really is a ton better than Windows 7.

are you implying that people should simply disable or not use metro so that they can actually use a superior operating system? 

r u on drugs

Error: 410

Got this piece of shit twice :(

I've had it at least 5 times in the past 5 months...

So I agree. 

With the news Microsoft wants to pretend windows 8 never existed and they will be ending support sooner that ever, why should we allow them to do this.

I am a windows 8.1 user and I quite like windows 8.1 (as long as classic shell is installed) because of it's modern look, optimizations to the directx engine and other improvements that went unnoticed.

Seriously. Leave a reply about what you think microsoft is trying to pull off or your GOOD experiences with windows!

I personally prefer 7 and I hate hate hate the fact that 3rd party software like classic shell is almost mandatory to make 8 as user friendly as 7 and it's look isn't modern at all it reminds me so much of windows xp with the solid colors and blocky look xD Windows 7 and Vista which are newer than xp introduced what I consider mondern aesthetic with transparancy/aero look and round corners... Windows 8 IMHO is better left forgotten it's best uses are limited like in HTPCs where the big colorful easy to see blocky metro icons are useful or when essentially booting right into steam and just using the game optimizations or with a touch screen or when synced with a phone are it's best case scenarios... 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

They aren't really trying to pull off anything from what I can see, but maybe someone could educate me.

8.1 is a fix to a bunch (but not all) of the complaints/issues people had about Windows 8. As such, the support for Windows 8 will be dropped soon since 8.1 is a free upgrade, and in itself a successor.

http://linustechtips.com/main/page/articles.html/_/articles/microsoft-wants-you-to-forget-windows-8-r49

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Do you want to remember Vista?

Actually yes, I preferred it over Windows 7 actually, used it until I got windows 8

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Yea because blue screens never happened before Windows 8....

I only had one bsod and it was not to do with the operating system it was because shadow play was bugging out

I personally prefer 7 and I hate hate hate the fact that 3rd party software like classic shell is almost mandatory to make 8 as user friendly as 7 and it's look isn't modern at all it reminds me so much of windows xp with the solid colors and blocky look xD Windows 7 and Vista which are newer than xp introduced what I consider mondern aesthetic with transparancy/aero look and round corners... Windows 8 IMHO is better left forgotten it's best uses are limited like in HTPCs where the big colorful easy to see blocky metro icons are useful or when essentially booting right into steam and just using the game optimizations or with a touch screen or when synced with a phone are it's best case scenarios... 

I find that annoying too. They need to have a button to switch to the normal start menu. Or does this exist.

Windows 8's look is like the mobile market's best friend. But I do see why. Have a look at Outlook and Office, They look exactly like Windows 8. Microsoft wanted a more fluid transition between apps so this was their solution.

Actually yes, I preferred it over Windows 7 actually, used it until I got windows 8

O_o

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

are you implying that people should simply disable or not use metro so that they can actually use a superior operating system? 

r u on drugs

I know right? It's such a simple fix, but people will much rather hate and be ignorant...

I find that annoying too. They need to have a button to switch to the normal start menu. Or does this exist.

Windows 8's look is like the mobile market's best friend. But I do see why. Have a look at Outlook and Office, They look exactly like Windows 8. Microsoft wanted a more fluid transition between apps so this was their solution.

No it's not like in one of the more recent WAN shows I believe linus put it best when he said Windows Mobile "feels/looks cheap and doesn't scale with enthusiasts" when talking about the HTC windows phone... don't make it sound like there doing a favor for anyone they were trying to stick there hand in the cookie jar that is the mobile market... Then they had to program 8 because microsoft follows cycles with desktop operating systems and copied  alot of the mobile versions programming then made up the whole spew about making it more fluid after the fact as if they were Steve Freaking Jobs...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

No it's not like in one of the more recent WAN shows I believe linus put it best when he said Windows Mobile "feels/looks cheap and doesn't scale with enthusiasts" when talking about the HTC windows phone... don't make it sound like there doing a favor for anyone they were trying to stick there hand in the cookie jar that is the mobile market... Then they had to program 8 because microsoft follows cycles with desktop operating systems and copied  alot of the mobile versions programming then made up the whole spew about making it more fluid after the fact as if they were Steve Freaking Jobs...

Sorry, late night post. I meant laptops. The mobile interface is shit and microsoft is just leaching off the smartphone market.