folding@home only using 7 threads on my i7?

When i folded before it would show all 8 working now it says only 7 are folding. Anyone run into this before?

Now that my gpu works properly im getting 200k PPD it says. Thats good i think lol

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Why am I only getting 40k ppd :(

My GPU does 180k alone. My CPU is 25k.

My GPU does 180k alone. My CPU is 25k.

Jesus, I don't get it... I mean folding wise Nvidia and AMD are very similar, or Nvidia outperforming amd in a lot of cases, but I'm hardly getting 50k now

Also, I already did that, but I set it to 4 since I have a quad core i5

@sanderdegrote tagging because replied to wrong guy

@Whaler_99 Do you know what's wrong?

Jesus, I don't get it... I mean folding wise Nvidia and AMD are very similar, or Nvidia outperforming amd in a lot of cases, but I'm hardly getting 50k now

Also, I already did that, but I set it to 4 since I have a quad core i5

@sanderdegrote tagging because replied to wrong guy

@Whaler_99 Do you know what's wrong?

I cant see your profile because im on mobile but what gpu are you using? My 290 is clocked @ 1150 core and 1400 mem clock.

I cant see your profile because im on mobile but what gpu are you using? My 290 is clocked @ 1150 core and 1400 mem clock.

Gtx 780, memory clock (According to MSI afterburner) 3402 MHz, (+400MHz offset), Core clock @ 1124MHz

Gtx 780, memory clock (According to MSI afterburner) 3402 MHz, (+400MHz offset), Core clock @ 1124MHz

You have folding set to Full? It takes 10mins or so to calculate the PPD after you set it. Odd it is so low for you.

You have folding set to Full? It takes 10mins or so to calculate the PPD after you set it. Odd it is so low for you.

Yeah It's set to full atm. getting 65k PPD atm, but I'm reading things from people owning a 780 which are getting about 180k PPD on a single 780

Yeah It's set to full atm. getting 65k PPD atm, but I'm reading things from people owning a 780 which are getting about 180k PPD on a single 780

Ya something definitely isnt right. Im getting around 30k every 4hrs from my 290. Have you made a thread about it or googled it? Driver issue maybe?

Ya something definitely isnt right. Im getting around 30k every 4hrs from my 290. Have you made a thread about it or googled it? Driver issue maybe?

Yeah I've tried googling, didn't make a thread yet. Gonna do that tomorrow probably

Yeah I've tried googling, didn't make a thread yet. Gonna do that tomorrow probably

Good luck. Hope you get it sorted out. If it works fine while gaming it must be a setting in FaH.

Good luck. Hope you get it sorted out. If it works fine while gaming it must be a setting in FaH.

Yeah games aren't any issue for me, I've been reading a similar thread on the LLT forums, which I found on google. 2 people having the same problem, they said it were driver issues, so I'ma reinstall my GPU drivers I guess

First off, with the newest version of FAH, when you install and it detects a GPU slot, it always sets the CPU to 1 less then your total cores, leaving one free for system/GPU usages. So your i7 should show 7 cores, the i5 should show 3 and so on. Best to leave it this way as the GPU's (AMD and Nvidia) do benefit from this.

Now, yes, SOME people get 180K on a 780 - I usually average at best about 120K, but that that is only on a good Core17 - many times with other Core projects I get 50k to 70k, which is actually more normal now - there are a lot of the old projects that need to be finished up.

Something else, as mentioned, make sure you have latest drivers and don't have ANY flags set for GPU - none are needed now. Beta and Advanced will get you experimental ones that most times fail or don't actually award you any points. Hopes that helps.

@Wano1997

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

First off, with the newest version of FAH, when you install and it detects a GPU slot, it always sets the CPU to 1 less then your total cores, leaving one free for system/GPU usages. So your i7 should show 7 cores, the i5 should show 3 and so on. Best to leave it this way as the GPU's (AMD and Nvidia) do benefit from this.

Now, yes, SOME people get 180K on a 780 - I usually average at best about 120K, but that that is only on a good Core17 - many times with other Core projects I get 50k to 70k, which is actually more normal now - there are a lot of the old projects that need to be finished up.

Something else, as mentioned, make sure you have latest drivers and don't have ANY flags set for GPU - none are needed now. Beta and Advanced will get you experimental ones that most times fail or don't actually award you any points. Hopes that helps.

@Wano1997

Yeah I'm on a core17 project, and what exactly do  you mean by bet and advanced?

Last week I was doing 50-60k ppd, now I'm back to about 100-140k ( Its the holidays here, so i'm using the PC lol)

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414

Yeah I'm on a core17 project, and what exactly do  you mean by bet and advanced?

If you have not specifically set these, don't worry about them. They were used previously to get Core17 WU's before they were released into the general pool.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99