Computer+monitor get messed up when connected via HDMI on intergrated

I have the benq RL2455hm and i want to use the hdmi because it has built in speakers (using dvi) this is also off integrated since i fucked up on budget and dont have money atm for a graphics card. Anyway whenever i switch to HDMI the mouse goes off the screen, same with the desktop icons and some other stuff. Also very certain pixels flicker and i think only blue pixles flicker. i have tried the HDMI out. From my laptop same cord same monitor and everything was fine. Ill attach a vid.

http://youtu.be/S6fvlTxD_wI

Should i rma the board? is it software? how do i fix this.

thank you for the help.

Try the other port on the monitor, and unplug the dvi from your mobo to see if that helps for now.

The mouse and other UI elements are back but the pixels are still flickering

The mouse and other UI elements are back but the pixels are still flickering

The reason the bars and mouse had gone was your computer thought it had two screens plugged in so it extended you desktop, as for the pixels, try new hdmi cable, could be bad shielding, try new monitor could be the monitors hdmi electronics having issues, maybe look at the refresh rate.

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Try updating the drivers

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The reason the bars and mouse had gone was your computer thought it had two screens plugged in so it extended you desktop, as for the pixels, try new hdmi cable, could be bad shielding, try new monitor could be the monitors hdmi electronics having issues, maybe look at the refresh rate.

i dont have a another HDMI cable handy but just now i plugged in my monitor with the same hdmi into my laptops HDMI out and everything worked perfectly. Should i still try another hdmi? also i borrowed a graphics card from my friend before and hdmi worked fine. refresh rate did nothing

Just did, nothing.

Can you try Linux get any version and boot up to it and see if it helps or maybe it's the plug on your motherboard or monitor I suspect the cable but that is highly unlikely because on my understanding hdmi cable either delver  the signal or they don't

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

i dont have a another HDMI cable handy but just now i plugged in my monitor with the same hdmi into my laptops HDMI out and everything worked perfectly. Should i still try another hdmi? also i borrowed a graphics card from my friend before and hdmi worked fine. refresh rate did nothing

Hmm must be the mobo

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)