How to plug in an MSI 780 Twin Frozr

itaroken_

Hey,

My PSU is the evga 750w modular PSU. Which plugs do you use to connect the 780 to the psu. Do you use the VGA labelled plugs?

Noob here by the way...

itaroken

An 8 pin PCI-e and a 6-pin PCI-e power connector. The cables should be marked with "PCI-E"

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I can't find them? Were they supposed to come with the power supply? I only have 4 VGA labelled plugs, 2 labelled CPU, and 4 with SATA on them.

itaroken

Ok, I'm thinking of going from PSU VGA 1 (8pin) to first 8 pin on graphics card and also with the second cable, from PSU VGA 2 (8pin) to second 6 pin on graphics card. Is this correct?

itaroken

I can't find them? Were they supposed to come with the power supply? I only have 4 VGA labelled plugs, 2 labelled CPU, and 4 with SATA on them.

The VGA ones are it. You need to plug one end of each in to the power supply and the other end in to the graphics card in the two power connectors on the edge of the card. Should be one eight pin cable and one six pin cable. From what I can see on the cable, make sure the end that isn't split goes in to the power supply.

you should have a couple of these:

8-pin_pcie.jpg

These connect to the GPU towards the rear, if you didnt know already.

They only go in one way, they're keyed to do so.