Anybody familiar with this blue screen error(screenshot)

Gears173

Yeah well I've been having a lot of troubles mainly think it's the disk drive and maybe corrupted windows files because it just freezes a lot, I've noticed it's mainly when I shut down apps like games etc.post-120514-0-78685300-1409424547_thumb.

Did this start after this august updates?

Yeah well I've been having a lot of troubles mainly think it's the disk drive and maybe corrupted windows files because it just freezes a lot, I've noticed it's mainly when I shut down apps like games etc.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

/\

The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. When the Windows NT kernel detects that either of these processes has stopped, it stops the system and raises the STOP 0xC000021A error. This error may have several causes. Among them are the following:

• Mismatched system files have been installed.
  • A Service Pack installation has failed.
  • A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
  • An incompatible third-party program has been installed. 

- Source Microsoft Support

• Corsair Graphite Series 230T (Grey/Blue)
  • Corsair CS650M Power Supply (Semi-Modular)
  • Gigabyte B85-HD3
  • Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10GH
  • X 2 Patriot Viper 3 Black Mamba 8.00GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
  • Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5
  • WD Blue 1TB
  • LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x SATA Internal DVDRW Drive
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
  • Acer S240HLBID 24-inch Monitor
  • Acer Keyboard
  • Acer Mouse

Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Currency? Quote who you're replying to, and follow your topics. And please, use Googlfor the simple things, it's surprising how often you can find the answer. Please Follow Code Of Conduct

Well I got a lot of kernel data inpage errors, my problems started occurring around 12-14th of August so I have no idea when the updat was rolled out

/\

The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. When the Windows NT kernel detects that either of these processes has stopped, it stops the system and raises the STOP 0xC000021A error. This error may have several causes. Among them are the following:

• A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.

Usually the only real fix is to format the OS Drive and reinstall windows but you can solve it in safe mode. -snip-

Edit: Fixing it should be done via a reinstall of Windows. It's a real pain to find out what causes it (User processes) and fix it.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Gears173, on 30 Aug 2014 - 2:52 PM, said:

Well I got a lot of kernel data inpage errors, my problems started occurring around 12-14th of August so I have no idea when the updat was rolled out

Sounds like it , microsfts lastests updates caused some systems to blue screen, seems like happening to you

Plug in your install media and try a repair

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/windows-8-pro-bsod-0xc000021a-error/121a0f79-63f0-477e-8f1a-1d71acc9706c

i believe a fixed was rolled recently, or will be cant remeber

use CrystalDiskInfo to check your OS drive

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

- Source Microsoft Support
I was just looking at this, have any idea what may have caused this though and any ways to sort it?

I ran a chkdsk and it found errors, attempted to repair them ended up making shit a thousand times worse unfortunately, like the crashes were much more frequent

*Fix From http://support.microsoft.com/*

To troubleshoot this problem, you must determine which of these processes failed and why. 

To determine which process failed, register Dr. Watson as the default system debugger (if it is not already the default debugger). Dr. Watson for Windows NT logs diagnostic information about process failures to a log file (Drwtsn32.log). Also, you can configure this program to produce memory dump files of failed processes that you can analyze in a debugger to determine why a process fails. 

To set up Dr. Watson to trap user-mode program errors, follow these steps:

1. At a command prompt, type System Root\System32\Drwtsn32.exe -I, and then press ENTER. 

This command configures Dr. Watson as the default system debugger.
  2. At a command prompt, type System Root\System32\Drwtsn32.exe, and then select the following options:
    Append to existing log file
    Create crash dump
    Visual Notification
  3. After the computer restarts from the STOP 0xC000021A error, run Dr. Watson (Drwtsn32.exe).
  4. View the Dr. Watson log to determine what user mode process may be causing the problem.
  5. If the Dr. Watson log does not contain sufficient information to determine the cause of the problem, analyze the User.dmp file to determine the cause of the STOP 0xC000021A error. 

If Dr. Watson did not create a User.dmp file for either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe, you may have to use a different tool to generate a memory dump file of the process that fails. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    241215 How to use the Userdump.exe tool to create a dump file
    Note Follow the instructions in the Knowledge Base article to troubleshoot a process that shuts down with an exception. While you follow these instructions, monitor the following processes to troubleshoot the STOP 0xC000021A error:
    • Winlogon.exe
    • Csrss.exe
    Note Most STOP 0xC000021A errors occur because Winlogon.exe fails. This typically occurs because of a faulty third-party Graphical Identification and Authentication (GINA) DLL. The GINA is a replaceable DLL component that Winlogon.exe loads. The GINA implements the authentication policy of the interactive logon model. The GINA performs all identification and authentication user interactions.

It is very common for certain types of remote control software to replace the default Windows GINA DLL (Msgina.dll). Therefore, a good first step is to examine the system to see if it has a third-party GINA DLL. To do this, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
Value = GinaDLL REG_SZ
  • If the Gina DLL value is present and if it is anything other than Msgina.dll, it probably means that a third-party product has changed this value.
  • If this value is not present, the system uses Msgina.dll as the default GINA DLL.

If this error first occurred after the installation of a new or updated device driver, system service, or third-party program, the new software should be removed or disabled. Contact the manufacturer of the software to see if an update is available. For more information about hardware and software vendor contact information, visit the following Microsoft Web site: -

Last known good configuration

If the previous steps in this article do not resolve the problem, start the computer by using the last known good configuration. To start the computer by using the last known good configuration, follow these steps:Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.

1. Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
  2. Click Restart, and then click OK.
  3. Press F8 at the indicated time:
    • For an x86-based computer: When a screen of text appears and then disappears , press F8. (The screen of text may include a memory test, lines about the BIOS, and other lines.) There may also be a prompt that tells you when to press F8.
    • For an Itanium architecture-based computer: After you make your selection from the boot menu, press F8. There may be a prompt that tells you when to press F8.
  4. Use the arrow keys to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER. 

NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.
  5. Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.

Notes

• Choosing the Last Known Good Configuration startup option provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. However, it does not solve problems that are caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
  • When you choose the Last Known Good Configuration option, only the information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet is restored. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

In-place upgrade

If the previous steps in this article do not resolve the problem, perform an in-place upgrade. For more information about how to do this,, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

292175 How to perform an in-place upgrade of Windows 2000
978788 How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP
816579 How to perform an in-place upgrade of Windows Server 2003

Remove incompatible software by using the Recovery Console

If the previous steps in this article do not resolve the problem, remove incompatible software by using the Recovery Console. Complete steps that describe how to do this are beyond the scope of this article. However, you may be able to use the following articles as guidelines for performing this procedure.

313670 How to replace a driver by using Recovery Console in Windows 2000
816104 How to replace a driver by using Recovery Console in Windows Server 2003
326215 How to use the Recovery Console on a Windows Server 2003-based computer that does not start
229716 Description of the Windows 2000 Recovery Console
307654 How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP
307545 How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting
216417 How to install the Windows Recovery Console

• Gigabyte B85-HD3
  • WD Blue 1TB
  • Acer Keyboard
  • Acer Mouse

Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Currency? Quote who you're replying to, and follow your topics. And please, use Googlfor the simple things, it's surprising how often you can find the answer. Please Follow Code Of Conduct

/\

u can try this too with above guy said if that fails try mine

Sounds like it , microsfts lastests updates caused some systems to blue screen, seems like happening to you

Plug in your install media and try a repair

http://answers.micro...1a-1d71acc9706c

i believe a fixed was rolled recently, or will be cant remeber

Thanks a lot guys @Tro @Arty @Archangel1994

Only problem now is contacting the guy that built my system for him to reinstall my OS etc, thought it was my sata drive completely knacked

Only problem now is contacting the guy that built my system for him to reinstall my OS etc, thought it was my sata drive completely knacked

just download the iso off the interweb and put on usb. (just make it is same version home/pro x64/x86 etc)

Oh Thanks...  ;)

• Gigabyte B85-HD3
  • WD Blue 1TB
  • Acer Keyboard
  • Acer Mouse

just download the iso off the interweb and put on usb. (just make it is same version home/pro x64/x86 etc)

After my previous stupidity accidentally downloading a infected winrar file which my anti virus wiped off the computer within seconds it don't trust myself Hahahha! But it shouldn't take long he only lives a 5 min drive away.

After my previous stupidity accidentally downloading a infected winrar file which my anti virus wiped off the computer within seconds it don't trust myself Hahahha! But it shouldn't take long he only lives a 5 min drive away.

ah ok coolz tell him to get you a install media copy for these problems lol (usb not dvd)

post-120514-0-58418600-1409425954_thumb.

I also get this a lot on boot up, so at first I thought this was the root of all my problems, I will take photos of my event viewer see if anybody can salvage any useful information and I will sure post them, if you guys could follow the thread that would be great