Best membrane keyboard under 100 euros?

ManOfDisguise

The cheaper, the better. I have only 2 demands:

- must be backlight illuminated

- cannot be tenkeyless(must be full size)

Thinks I dont care for at all:

-macro keys(never ever use them)

-"gaming" looks i dont mind a bit of an agressive look but if it looks too weird then no thanks

Why do I want membrane? I just dont like mechanical keyboards(typing on one right now) They are all too loud and disturbing for me and I just dont like the feel. I dont mind membrane at all so don't try to convince me please.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Have you looked into the SteelSeries Apex/Apex Raw? It's a pretty nice feeling keyboard IMO.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Steelseries Apex

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Do you not want a mechanical keyboard? Because you can get some good ones below €100.

Reds aren't loud at all if you don't use them now.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Do you not want a mechanical keyboard? Because you can get some good ones below €100.

Reds aren't loud at all if you don't use them now.

Nope i want membrane

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

wow wow wow wow, you dont like mechanical??

yea

Specs of my PC:

Steelseries apex

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Wtf is wrong with you, mechanical keyboards are so much better than PoS membrane boards

I  have to say, the switch from membrane to mechanical takes quite a while to get used to. So I see why he wants to stick with membrane.

CM Storm Devastator combo. Has one membrane keyboard backlit and a gaming mouse with it. Only around $30 last time i checked.

Personally I don't think there is as huge of difference between membrane and mechanical as most people make out in terms of performance but if the only reasons you don't like mechanical is the noise and feel I would suggest getting either brown or red switches (depending if you like tactile feedback or not) and putting o-rings under the caps, it means you don't get the click from either the switch itself or the plastic bottoming out and gives you more of the soft membrane feel when you do bottom out. I think the Logitech G710+ comes with O-rings preinstalled so you could try it out at a local computer shop if you were curious about the sound/feel.

As far as my favourite membrane, its the Logitech G15, it might not be to your taste though as its a gaming keyboard with 6 macro keys, I mainly love it for the LCD though because I can have a constant heads up on my clocks, voltages and processor/memory usages.

Come on guys, the OP doesn't like mech keyboards but it's not the end of the world. Jeez, relax... Mech keyboard is good, but it doesn't mean that everyone in this forum must have it. And enough with the "mechanical keyboards are better than membrane keyboards" crap. What's better for you doesn't always mean better for someone else. When it comes to keyboards, it's all about personal preference.

For answering OP's question, I might suggest the Logitech Illuminated keyboard if you're into keyboards with extremely low profile keys. I had one of those and even though it's not specifically targeted for gaming, it certainly gets the job done really well (I played competitive CS and Dota with it).

Other recommendations would be Steelseries Apex, Logitech G510s (if you can find a good deal for under 100 euro), and CM Storm Devastator (keyboard+mouse pack but perhaps you can use the mouse for something else). I have personally tried these 3 keyboards, I didn't have them, but my friends did, and I can confirm that they are great products. I've also heard good things about Corsair's membrane keyboards, the K40 and the K50, but I haven't tried any of them myself so I can't say anything about them yet.

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

I'll throw another vote for Microsoft Sidewinder X4. It's great for a membrane and if you are going that route, its stupid to put more than $50 on the board.

Wtf is wrong with you, mechanical keyboards are so much better than PoS membrane boards

dude if you have nothing helpful to say then just get out i like membrane more boo hoo so what

Specs of my PC:

Put me down for the sidewinder if it is between that and the Apex. Personally I would go for something more ergonomic and has a more cylindrical keycaps. I know for me that fairly flat keys are really annoying. The whole reason I wanted to go mechanical was because of the keycaps xD

Put me down for the sidewinder if it is between that and the Apex. Personally I would go for something more ergonomic and has a more cylindrical keycaps. I know for me that fairly flat keys are really annoying. The whole reason I wanted to go mechanical was because of the keycaps xD

sidewinder x4 is awesome but cheap

Come on guys, the OP doesn't like mech keyboards but it's not the end of the world. Jeez, relax... Mech keyboard is good, but it doesn't mean that everyone in this forum must have it. And enough with the "mechanical keyboards are better than membrane keyboards" crap. What's better for you doesn't always mean better for someone else. When it comes to keyboards, it's all about personal preference.

For answering OP's question, I might suggest the Logitech Illuminated keyboard if you're into keyboards with extremely low profile keys. I had one of those and even though it's not specifically targeted for gaming, it certainly gets the job done really well (I played competitive CS and Dota with it).

Other recommendations would be Steelseries Apex, Logitech G510s (if you can find a good deal for under 100 euro), and CM Storm Devastator (keyboard+mouse pack but perhaps you can use the mouse for something else). I have personally tried these 3 keyboards, I didn't have them, but my friends did, and I can confirm that they are great products. I've also heard good things about Corsair's membrane keyboards, the K40 and the K50, but I haven't tried any of them myself so I can't say anything about them yet.

Personally I don't think there is as huge of difference between membrane and mechanical as most people make out in terms of performance but if the only reasons you don't like mechanical is the noise and feel I would suggest getting either brown or red switches (depending if you like tactile feedback or not) and putting o-rings under the caps, it means you don't get the click from either the switch itself or the plastic bottoming out and gives you more of the soft membrane feel when you do bottom out. I think the Logitech G710+ comes with O-rings preinstalled so you could try it out at a local computer shop if you were curious about the sound/feel.

As far as my favourite membrane, its the Logitech G15, it might not be to your taste though as its a gaming keyboard with 6 macro keys, I mainly love it for the LCD though because I can have a constant heads up on my clocks, voltages and processor/memory usages.

CM Storm Devastator combo. Has one membrane keyboard backlit and a gaming mouse with it. Only around $30 last time i checked.

I  have to say, the switch from membrane to mechanical takes quite a while to get used to. So I see why he wants to stick with membrane.

Steelseries apex

Microsoft sidewinder x4 is another one to consider

Have you looked into the SteelSeries Apex/Apex Raw? It's a pretty nice feeling keyboard IMO.

Steelseries Apex

I think I'll narrow it down to these 2(sidewinder, apex). What do you think about the G105? has backlighting, isnt that expensive(60 euros) is pretty simple.

I'll throw another vote for Microsoft Sidewinder X4. It's great for a membrane and if you are going that route, its stupid to put more than $50 on the board.

Specs of my PC:

dude if you have nothing helpful to say then just get out i like membrane more boo hoo so what

You probably just used a keyswitch you didn't like. What color key switch are you on right now? From the OP is seemed like you use Blues or Browns because of the noise. Ever tried Reds or Blacks?

Corsair K50

All dat Jazz, None of the Noise.

$95-105 AUD

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Corsair K50

All dat Jazz, None of the Noise.

$95-105 AUD

I want cheaper rather than more expensive so what about the K30? it should be quiet enough and has all i need?

Specs of my PC:

I want cheaper rather than more expensive so what about the K30? it should be quiet enough and has all i need?

K30 uses the same internals it seems,.. just lesser amount of features.

It really is a quiet keyboard which is why I bought it. Plus it feels "SOLID" and well built.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I think I'll narrow it down to these 2(sidewinder, apex). What do you think about the G105? has backlighting, isnt that expensive(60 euros) is pretty simple.

It looks good and judging by the pictures I found on Logitech website, I think the key profile is somewhat identical to the G510s. I've already tried the G510s and it was a good experience both typing and gaming, so I think you're good with the G105.

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane