AMD vs Intel and Crossfire 7950s

Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

Okay thanks, I guess I just go for Intel what's a Intel CPU that would be better?

The cpu probably has nothing to do with it, especially if usage is under 100%. Going with intel would grant you a marginal improvement in exchange for a lot of money. Before you do any more steps after the tests you made I advise you wait until you can try the crossfire setup at your friend's home with his i5. If the results are similar, the cpu isn't the problem and in fact it's probably just how bf4 handles crossfire that's causing your problems and you don't need to worry about it.

Empty server will not stress my CPU though...

I had jagged framerates in campaign as well... how's single player for you?

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K @ 4.5GHz  |  Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO  |  Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty FM2A88X+ Killer

GPU: Asus R9 280X  |  PSU: Corsair HX850  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200rpm  |  CASE: Fractal Design R4 Blackout

Run the multiplayer test with V-Sync enabled and get back to us please.  Test it all, online 64p and single player campaign.  Stop replying and start testing.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

well, the ones that are giving you problems normally. I'd say play in an empty server when doing your tests, so the randomness is minimized.

Just tired golmud rail way conquest large 64p 48-90fps... Too low, GPU usage 60-70%, im also using two CF bridges. I will try seige of shanghai.

I had jagged framerates in campaign as well... how's single player for you?

Very good on most missions only one had problems others were 80+-120fps even more at times

No, its just that anything above 60fps won't be noticeable.  There is no tangible benefit to having more than 60fps when the monitor can only display 60 frames per second.  Enable V-Sync and let us know if this helps.  If the two were plugged in at the same time, that would be something to point to, but try the V-Sync first.

He has a 120Hz monitor and a 60Hz IPS.

Okay, give me a bit

Which power supply do you have?

XFX 650watt pro.

He only uses 1 at a time though, and is using the 60Hz IPS to do the test.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

He only uses 1 at a time though, and is using the 60Hz IPS to do the test.

Also seige of shanghai is worse with two cards (30-40fps)

My advice would be sell your 2 7950s get a 290 or x. For the love of god balance your ram and get 8gigs.

My advice would be sell your 2 7950s get a 290 or x. For the love of god balance your ram and get 8gigs.

I love my 7950s when they work, what do you mean balance my ram?

Also when the work, I get 20-30fps lower than dual 780s.. So I don't want to get 290x

XFX 650watt pro.

GPU's dropping down to 20%, those are too low loads for a 8350. Start troubleshooting, it looks like you're having hardware issues or a bad OS.

Dude... run the tests already.  Its been like 30 minutes and you haven't tested out a simple V-Sync.  Please test it in single player and multiplayer so we can at least check that off the list of potential issues.  Basic troubleshooting.

Dude... run the tests already. Its been like 30 minutes and you haven't tested out a simple V-Sync. Please test it in single player and multiplayer so we can at least check that off the list of potential issues. Basic troubleshooting.

Okay lol, I tested already, golmud rail way 64p CQ 60-90fps FX 8330 @ 4.4ghz, seige of shanghai 64p CQ 30-50fps worse than with one card FX 8320@ 4.4, now I try rouge transmission 40p CQ non large FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz will tell you fps In a bit, also I don't like vsync because it makes it hard to aim.

Okay lol, I tested already, golmud rail way 64p CQ 60-90fps FX 8330 @ 4.4ghz, seige of shanghai 64p CQ 30-50fps worse than with one card FX 8320@ 4.4, now I try rouge transmission 40p CQ non large FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz will tell you fps In a bit, also I don't like vsync because it makes it hard to aim.

How are you getting above 60fps with V-Sync enabled.  Did you or did you not enable V-Sync?

How are you getting above 60fps with V-Sync enabled. Did you or did you not enable V-Sync?

No vsync I'm testing with vsync ATM.

Dude... run the tests already. Its been like 30 minutes and you haven't tested out a simple V-Sync. Please test it in single player and multiplayer so we can at least check that off the list of potential issues. Basic troubleshooting.

Seige of shanghai on 60hz vsync I get 30-60fps, FX 8320 at 4.6 multiplier oc.

Seige of shanghai on 60hz vsync I get 30-60fps, FX 8320 at 4.6 multiplier oc.

Is the load still fluctuating like crazy?  I'm assuming yes because that clearly didn't solve anything.

Is the load still fluctuating like crazy? I'm assuming yes because that clearly didn't solve anything.

No straight lines at 63%

well, the ones that are giving you problems normally. I'd say play in an empty server when doing your tests, so the randomness is minimized.

I did the tests

No straight lines at 63%

Ok, so V-Sync did help some.  And it only took you an hour to finally run the test that I asked you to do!

This leads me to think that your FX is the bottleneck.

Ok, so V-Sync did help some. And it only took you an hour to finally run the test that I asked you to do!

This leads me to think that your FX is the bottleneck.

Lol sorry, so what do I do? Toss away the FX? Also I'm a very bad overclocker could it be my oc? Also I got 63% stable even without vsync, I'm trying mantle atm.

I did the tests

results?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Lol sorry, so what do I do? Toss away the FX? Also I'm a very bad overclocker could it be my oc?

Kindly ask your friends if they would allow you to use their Intel motherboard and processor to run the same tests.

results?

He is getting 30-60fps, but his usage is constant now instead of fluctuating up and down like before.

results?

Low fps with 4.6ghz 10gb ram... Seige of shanghai is better with 1 card and other maps only do 60-90fps.

He is getting 30-60fps, but his usage is constant now instead of fluctuating up and down like before.

I'm tying op locker 64p no explosions tdm with 10gb 4.6ghz power limit 20% no wait PC froze with mantle, I will try stock CPU.