Installing new Windows OS warning.

Arty

Im still seeing people doing this even after linus video. 

WHEN installing windows on a new drive for example on a SSD. UNPLUG THE OLD HDD that has windows or else bad shit happens.

HEED my warning.....or pay the price

After you have successfully booted onto SSD turn off then plug hdd back in, THEN boot if it boots the SSD then and only then, you can delete the system reserved partition on the HDD, and WINDOWS folder program files and program files x86, their are also hidden folders but you can ignore they don't to much space. but if you want you can.

it will install the MBR on the HDD and den ur fkd

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

it will install the MBR on the HDD and den ur fkd

ikr already happend to someone on fourms i had to help them start over...lol

Im still seeing people doing this even after linus video. 

WHEN installing windows on a new drive for example on a SSD. UNPLUG THE OLD HDD that has windows or else bad shit happens.

HEED my warning.....or pay the price

You make music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnT4w2s0OT4

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

You make music?

yes i do, but i didn't do that one  :D, mine are much less pro then that and don't have words, mostly dubstep  and it i has been like 2 years (youtube.com/artystudios)

Can you link me to Linus' video? Can't find the one you may be referring to  - I'm getting an ssd soon and need to learn how to properly install this shit

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

MBR?

Master Boot Record

Can you link me to Linus' video? Can't find the one you may be referring to  - I'm getting an ssd soon and need to learn how to properly install this shit

i can't remember but just unplug hdd install on SSD replug HDD, set SSD to boot drive and done, if you want search for it it was a while can't remeber sorry

I accidentally did this...

Tisk Tisk

i can't remember but just unplug hdd install on SSD replug HDD, set SSD to boot drive and done, if you want search for it it was a while can't remeber sorry

And from there, just format the HDD from Disk Management on Windows?

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

And from there, just format the HDD from Disk Management on Windows?

well if you have no data you want to keep sure. but make sure personal stuff is backed up

well if you have no data you want to keep sure. but make sure personal stuff is backed up

Yeah ofcourse, thanks

wait,my hdd never had windows on it,but it was connected when i installed windows on my SSD (it was formated) is that a problem ? ... hope not 

i didnt see any problem

wait,my hdd never had windows on it,but it was connected when i installed windows on my SSD (it was formated) is that a problem ? ... hope not 

i didnt see any problem

no, the hdd had to have windows on for it to get fcked when installin on ssd

no, the hdd had to have windows on for it to get fcked when installin on ssd

Oh ok,  :o  ^_^  -_-

OR you could erase the partition table on the old drive.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

OR you could erase the partition table on the old drive.

That works to but then u can't boot to that drive. so you would need to install windows on ssd on startup

That works to but then u can't boot to that drive. so you would need to install windows on ssd on startup

That's the only way to do a clean install.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.