I posted on this forum not to long ago and received a lot of help, so I figured that I would try again.

I received some new RAM for my computer today, and naturally I installed it (Yes, correctly before you start nitpicking I have looked at every guide in the world of how to do this while trying to troubleshoot my issue). The RAM is seated correctly, and I am not even completely sure that it is the RAM's problem. All I know is that after I added the new RAM to my machine, when I start my computer I cannot make it past the Windows logo without the computer Restarting and continuing in a loop.

The strange thing that throws me off is that if I let the computer loop for around 10-15 minutes, it will actually boot past the windows logo and startup flawlessly. It will suggest a Disk Check, complete the Disk Check with no errors, Reboot, and continue into the Desktop.

I am actually writing this post on the same computer.

My computer specs are as follows:

GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970

Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @ 3.2 GHz (Overclocked to 4.3 GHz)

HDD: ST3160815AS ATA Device (Seagate 160 GB HDD)

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1333 (PC3 10600) 2x4GB Chips

The entire machine is compatible, I made sure when I custom built it to check compatibility on everything. I ran a Mem-test when I was able to boot up one of the times, and it passed with no errors. I did a startup repair, and again no errors.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

(Attaching dxdiag if I can)

wouldn't let me attach

Cmos reset?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

@afluffehbunneh

Try resetting the BIOS to default settings and boot. That might help.

I already tried this, It solved nothing for me unfortunately....i wish my issues were that easy

Cmos reset?

I assume this is like resetting to default settings. Which I have done multiple times. I could roll back my bios....but the Bios is working properly. Everytime it resets it is directly after the Windows Logo. As I have stated, after a while it gets past it. Maybe a faulty HDD?

But then that doesn't make sense because installing the old ram resolves this issue....

I ran another MemTest.....still no errors.

I assume this is like resetting to default settings. Which I have done multiple times. I could roll back my bios....but the Bios is working properly. Everytime it resets it is directly after the Windows Logo. As I have stated, after a while it gets past it. Maybe a faulty HDD?

But then that doesn't make sense because installing the old ram resolves this issue....

I ran another MemTest.....still no errors.

cmos reset means that you take out the battery in your motherboard, then replacing it a minute or so after. 

some motherboards have a switch they can flip like my asus z97-pro, but your mileage may vary.

| MOBO: Asus Z97-PRO | CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Asus R9 280 | Ram: 8gb Kingston Ram| PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 600W | CPU Cooler: Corsair H75 | 

I posted on this forum not to long ago and received a lot of help, so I figured that I would try again. 

I received some new RAM for my computer today, and naturally I installed it (Yes, correctly before you start nitpicking I have looked at every guide in the world of how to do this while trying to troubleshoot my issue). The RAM is seated correctly, and I am not even completely sure that it is the RAM's problem. All I know is that after I added the new RAM to my machine, when I start my computer I cannot make it past the Windows logo without the computer Restarting and continuing in a loop.

The strange thing that throws me off is that if I let the computer loop for around 10-15 minutes, it will actually boot past the windows logo and startup flawlessly. It will suggest a Disk Check, complete the Disk Check with no errors, Reboot, and continue into the Desktop.

I am actually writing this post on the same computer.

My computer specs are as follows:

GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970

Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @ 3.2 GHz  (Overclocked to 4.3 GHz)

HDD: ST3160815AS ATA Device (Seagate 160 GB HDD) 

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1333 (PC3 10600)  2x4GB Chips

The entire machine is compatible, I made sure when I custom built it to check compatibility on everything. I ran a Mem-test when I was able to boot up one of the times, and it passed with no errors. I did a startup repair, and again no errors. 

Any help would be appreciated!!!

(Attaching dxdiag if I can)

happened to me and i just reinstalled the windows, but i got a hard drive that gets corrupted alot 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

happened to me and i just reinstalled the windows, but i got a hard drive that gets corrupted alot

I may go buy a new HDD, reinstall windows, and see if it fixes the issue. However, I dont see why when I use my Old RAM the windows boots up perfectly............

cmos reset means that you take out the battery in your motherboard, then replacing it a minute or so after.

some motherboards have a switch they can flip like my asus z97-pro, but your mileage may vary.

Tried this, didnt help me any :/

I may go buy a new HDD, reinstall windows, and see if it fixes the issue. However, I dont see why when I use my Old RAM the windows boots up perfectly............

Tried this, didnt help me any :/

why buy a new HDD?. Just reinstall on this one or use another one. Also to me it happened because i used ram of different frequencies and voltages etc 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

why buy a new HDD?. Just reinstall on this one or use another one. Also to me it happened because i used ram of different frequencies and voltages etc 

I need a bigger one anyhow, and I kind of want to go SDD. 

Regardless I still want to find the actual cause of this issue.

I reinstalled Windows after being frustrated and seeing that it was the only way to make sure that the files weren't corrupted. The boot cycle still happens.

It may be a fluke, but it only cycled 3 times this time around before starting up. Also, if i "Restart" my machine instead of "Shutdown" the boot cycle will not occur.

When I completely Shutdown the machine, the boot cycle again occurs. Any more suggestions? 

I need a bigger one anyhow, and I kind of want to go SDD. 

Regardless I still want to find the actual cause of this issue.

I reinstalled Windows after being frustrated and seeing that it was the only way to make sure that the files weren't corrupted. The boot cycle still happens.

It may be a fluke, but it only cycled 3 times this time around before starting up. Also, if i "Restart" my machine instead of "Shutdown" the boot cycle will not occur.

When I completely Shutdown the machine, the boot cycle again occurs. Any more suggestions? 

ok, i the only other problem may be overclocking happens to me quite often if i overvolt my cpu to like 1.5 or 1.6V on intel , if you have not overclocked try puling the ram out and moving it into other slots. If it still isnt working its probably the motherboard, since its is $50 it is not really made to overclock. 

I appreciate your help, however it is not the motherboard. If the issue was the MoBo it would not work with other RAM. If you don't have a clue, you can ask questions that are answerable for diagnostics. Otherwise don't draw conclusions. Thanks!

If you this error started to occur after replacing the RAM...I don't see how the HDD is involved in any way.

How long did you run MemTest for?

You need to run MemTest for a while -- not just one quick pass or a few minutes. It should be several passes / few hours to effectively, and thoroughly, check the RAM module for errors.

Run each individual stick of RAM for a while, and see if the occur reappears.

If the error pops up when on one of the two RAM stock are installed, then one of the RAM modules are defective (i.e. one of the memory chips are defective or damaged).

If that's the situation, you'll need to get a replacement kit or start an RMA with  he retailer / manufacturer.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

either theres a reset cmos button or two pins that you connect or you take out the battery put it in upside down and put it back in normaly

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

If you this error started to occur after replacing the RAM...I don't see how the HDD is involved in any way.

How long did you run MemTest for?

You need to run MemTest for a while -- not just one quick pass or a few minutes. It should be several passes / few hours to effectively, and thoroughly, check the RAM module for errors.

Run each individual stick of RAM for a while, and see if the occur reappears.

If the error pops up when on one of the two RAM stock are installed, then one of the RAM modules are defective (i.e. one of the memory chips are defective or damaged).

If that's the situation, you'll need to get a replacement kit or start an RMA with  he retailer / manufacturer.

I ran the memtest for 4 hours with both. No errors.  4 hours with 1st stick. No errors. 4 hours with 2nd stick. No errors. 12 hours of testing. No errors.

I am pretty sure the problem isnt the RAM anymore....and thus I am entirely confused on what the issue is

either theres a reset cmos button or two pins that you connect or you take out the battery put it in upside down and put it back in normaly

Already tried resetting cmos....didnt work

Already tried resetting cmos....didnt work

reinstall windoes?

Check your memory timing, volts your bios might have it wrong.