How to use gaming pc hardware on a cheap laptop to do video editing,maya etc through streaming.

Krishtrinity

Steam Remote Streaming.

Imagine doing 1080p video editing on a laptop with a atom processor with no dedicated graphics.If anyone told me this was possible a week ago before i write this i wouldn't believe'em.Now after seeing it with my own eyes,i should say i am very impressed by what valve has created.Although Steam streaming only supports game streaming,after a bit of research i have found a way to stream your entire gaming pc display to a low end laptop connected to a same network(see my previous post).These are the steps to remote display your gaming pc.

Step 1

Install steam to your pc  and the device you want to stream.

Step 2

Enable in home streaming in both device.

Step 3

Add notepad application of Windows to steam(In Windows 8.1 in start menu search for notepad right click press open file location this will lead to shotcut again go to file location add the file as a game outside steam).

Step 4

Start streaming notepad from your device.After opening notepad press F1 this will trick steam and open a help dialog box also allowing to see your gaming pc display on your low end device.You are now able to use any application in your gaming pc from your device.

Bookmarked. I'll end up using this so I can lay in bed playing games.

This is pretty damn cool. have done any tests with the performance difference in those applications? Or is it just latency?

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..

This is pretty damn cool. have done any tests with the performance difference in those applications? Or is it just latency?

Sony Vegas 13 is working fine on my i3 laptop with amd 7650,desktop has amd 8350 and r9 270x.Life is so much easier now.

Network speed is a factor,You should atleast have a 5mbps speed for a stutter free experience.

Bookmarked. I'll end up using this so I can lay in bed playing games.

This was released a long time for ago for game streaming,this is a trick to use normal applications for video editing,maya etc by using desktop cpu and gpu.

This was released a long time for ago for game streaming,this is a trick to use normal applications for video editing,maya etc by using desktop cpu and gpu.

I know, I'll just use this for gaming though.

This is no different than using Windows own built-in remote desktop feature. In fact, Remote Desktop is actually better in terms of latency over a LAN and natively supports Windows audio, file and printer sharing, and more. The only time I'd think a streaming service like Steam or Splashtop is when you need to retain the use of your graphics drivers to play a game, or render something, but even then unless you've got a fast T1 or higher LAN connection, you'll get lag which makes audio and timeline editing near impossible.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

What about team viewer though? I have heard that Edzel (Do not quote me on this Linus) uses team viewer sometimes to edit his stuff when he is not on the powerful PC