PC Cleaning Horror Thread

You DO NOT want to know what those stains at the bottom of the case are...

I haven't figured that out myself... The case was screwed tight so there's no way you could've opened it without a screwdriver...

OH GOD, I INFERRED IT!!! I SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Yeah, looks like I won't be sleeping tonight. -shudder-

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

>Be dusting family's desktop PC
>cobwebs because not dusted out in a few years 
>moves cobwebs and finds spider
>Spider jumps on hand 
>freaks out and throws the desktop across the room and proceeds panicking like little bitch

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

yes i do

Rat shit...

Really...

Large...

Rotting...

Rat Shit...

and piss

This is more shocking

well if there's no power and he leaves them to dry out for a few months in the sun they should be fine :P

well if there's no power and he leaves them to dry out for a few months in the sun they should be fine :P

Looking closely, the CMOS battery is still attached while he's hosing it...

It'll be really bad news if the salinity conductivity of that water is high enough...

I bought a Obsidian 450D , and she's a dust magnet , the filter itself blocks lots of dust and i have to clean it weekly.

Especially with a pair of SP120 , you can see the dust pattern on the filters

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

When I was fixing my stepdad's computer that he got at a garage sale, behind the motherboard was DENSE dust and the CPU fan was turning at a whopping 300RPM.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I love these threads.

2204451-100_0087.jpg

article-2221821-15A2DA59000005DC-610_966

big-mess-dumpaday-pictures-1.jpg

dirty-desk.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Not my picture, but similar thing happened to my computer.

snake-in-computer3.jpg

Nope...Nope

35qwb.gif

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

>Be dusting family's desktop PC

>cobwebs because not dusted out in a few years 

>moves cobwebs and finds spider

>Spider jumps on hand 

>freaks out and throws the desktop across the room and proceeds panicking like little bitch

Completely justified. I'd have gotten the flame thrower after that.

I chain smoke around my pc. When the dust filer gets clogged up I just take it off.

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll-face-

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Don't worry, look...

100_2257_zpsf4f295d6.jpg

So clean, much fresh, very green...

and AGP+AMR

What is that in the middle and and the right top corner?Can't be the bios or ata controller.And is not the processor cuz that is on the am socket

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Socket A or 462 (not AM)

Do you mean the northbridge (Via KM400) and the Windbond controller (for temps, case open and those shizzles)?

Damn i be,I feel young....and sad not knowing what those chips are

Nope...Nope

35qwb.gif

HOLY SHIT I JUST REALIZED THAT'S A LIVING SNAKE! I THOUGHT IT WAS PART OF THE SYSTEM! DO NOT WANT. DO NOT WANT!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

-snipe-

This is more shocking

HURDER.... I see what you did there. 

Btw, the Hurder was me having a stroke, not a retarded laugh.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I went to my friends house for a LAN party. We then decided to show the innards of each of our PC's. My friend opened his case and we found an ant's nest in there. We had to unplug the PSU and everything involving it before taking a vacuum to the thing. This is why you don't eat chips by your computer without checking for crumbs...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I went to my friends house for a LAN party. We then decided to show the innards of each of our PC's. My friend opened his case and we found an ant's nest in there. We had to unplug the PSU and everything involving it before taking a vacuum to the thing. This is why you don't eat chips by your computer without checking for crumbs...

we have a huge ant issue where i live...

i have a bottle of ant killer that has a pump and sprays like 15 metres.

i also have an alergy to red ants so that would have scred the crap out of me.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I was digging through my albums and found this pic I took last year when my team was in the middle of restoring a supposedly non-functioning computer laboratory...

24aa7900bf.jpg

That right there is one of the 3 units we marked as 'Biohazardous Material'...

Any stories of horrors with cleaning PCs you guys can share?

how do they classify biohaz ?!?

how do they classify biohaz ?!?

Rotting rat excrement... My team refused to work on this without monetary compensation...

well 3e7fb5a360869e44e1d97dd51bb4af2e.png

this made me shit my pants laughing. <3

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Found a rat in a old antec case, it was dead with a few hollow maggots around it, no clue how it got inside. the customer said he thought something was rattling inside but he didnt know about computer so he didnt want to open it.

How dafuq did a fckng rat fckng got inside his PC? I can't even imagine what it looks like.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

man when you said cleaning horror i thought you meant dust, this is just gross and to whomever used it prior, theyre slobs.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

This one isnt too bad certainly fine compared to my customers' builds but im too lazy to take out the dust, i dont like turning my pc off. So it gathers dust, before you ask im not sure when but i lost the io shield. Its an old h61 board, ive got a new moterboard but not a processor which is annoying.

gallery_16690_297_1064357.jpg

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This one isnt too bad certainly fine compared to my customers' builds but im too lazy to take out the dust, i dont like turning my pc off. So it gathers dust, before you ask im not sure when but i lost the io shield. Its an old h61 board, ive got a new moterboard but not a processor which is annoying.

-relatively clean system-

That's cleaner than my current system right now...