PC Cleaning Horror Thread

I was digging through my albums and found this pic I took last year when my team was in the middle of restoring a supposedly non-functioning computer laboratory...

24aa7900bf.jpg

That right there is one of the 3 units we marked as 'Biohazardous Material'...

Any stories of horrors with cleaning PCs you guys can share?

@DigitalHermit

You have scarred me for life :c

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I just don't know how people can let their PC's get into this state. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

@DigitalHermit

You have scarred me for life :c

That's why I put the caution label there...

My ex-friends pc..

The insides were caked with thick nicotine dust. Could barely see the components

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

That's why I put the caution label there...

IT WASN'T ENOUGH FOR THIS!

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Found a rat in a old antec case, it was dead with a few hollow maggots around it, no clue how it got inside. the customer said he thought something was rattling inside but he didnt know about computer so he didnt want to open it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I was digging through my albums and found this pic I took last year when my team was in the middle of restoring a supposedly non-functioning computer laboratory...

24aa7900bf.jpg

well 3e7fb5a360869e44e1d97dd51bb4af2e.png

That image... when I clicked the show button I really wasn't expecting it to be that bad!  

Oh My Gosh! D:

I thought i would clean my motherboard today. Amidoinitrite? 

motherboard-cleaning.jpg

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

-the proper way to clean a motherboard-

yes.

motherboard-cleaning.jpg

You really should be using a steel wool scouring brush to be sure it's really clean.

I'm trying to figure out how all that plastic and other garbage got in there. Was the side open, or the front bays or something? :S It looks like there's a Mars paper in there.

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

24aa7900bf.jpg

What is that stuff, I don't even know!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

What is that stuff, I don't even know!

You DO NOT want to know what those stains at the bottom of the case are...

I'm trying to figure out how all that plastic and other garbage got in there. Was the side open, or the front bays or something? :S It looks like there's a Mars paper in there.

I haven't figured that out myself... The case was screwed tight so there's no way you could've opened it without a screwdriver...

Not my picture, but similar thing happened to my computer.

snake-in-computer3.jpg

Oh my god. What the hell kind of monster snake is that? Do you live in India?

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Was cleaning my old computer the other day, thing was going over 90°C (Athlon X2 6400+) and I found this :

IMAG0206.jpg

looks fine to me

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Oh my god. What the hell kind of monster snake is that? Do you live in India?

Looks like a brown snake. I got chased by one when walking home from school once.

Straya mate.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

.......... im afraid to post.... it might get me arrested by the cleaning gods...

i'll take a pic. not now though, its morning now and i need to get sleep. xD

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen