How to check wether the MB or the PSU is broken

LoLlYdE

Hey guys,

Is there any way to check if the psu or the mobo is broken >WITHOUT ANOTHER PC<?

Hey guys,

Is there any way to check if the psu or the mobo is broken >WITHOUT ANOTHER PC<?

You can just assume by what the pc is actually doing or not.Give us some mode details maybe we can figure it out

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

u can jump the PSU, by using a paper clip to the green and black wires of the motherboard cable (providing you have coloured wires, otherwise might have to look for a diagram)

not sure about mobo, depends what's wrong with it.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Jump start the PSU, if it doesn't work, then it's the PSU, if it works, then check the voltage, if the voltage is fine, then it's the motherboard. :D

Pix5.PNG

okay, the issue is: When I try to boot up my pc, all it is doing is starting my drives, letting the fans run for a few seconds and then resetting itself, as if i have hit the reset button.

I am pretty sure it has to be the mobo, as all parts worked in my previous mobo I RMA'd because the pciex16 slot didnt work....

also, to make sure it is not the cpu, I took it out to see if anything changes (with the thought "no cpu installed = broken cpu installed"....does it work that way?) and with the cpu taken out, it resets almost immeadiately.

also, no usb ports give any power, there is no video output, neither on my graphics card, nor on the two internal outputs, and there are no beeps, even if I plug my PS2 keyboard in and smash the del button

^-This, short PS_on and ground on ATX connector (green+black)

what exactly should this help for? I just wanna know what exactly i am testing before actually  testing it

To test if the PSU works or not, take it off the PC, search for PS_ON and with a clip or a cable short with ground, if it doesn't turn on then it's broken

If it's a semifanless PSU plug a dummy like an ODD to see if it works

I guess it turns on, because if it didnt the fans wouldnt be spinning, would they?

okay, I just jumpstarted the PSU, and it keeps restarting in the exact same pattern as the pc did :o does this mean the psu is broken?

maybe, what PSU is it?

xfx xxx edition semi modular 650W as far as i can remember

RMA it, that  isn't normal in that PSU...

oh jesus fuck how i hate RMA's -.-

how did you find this out? just so I can do it on my own if i need to

If it isn't an oldass nobrand PSU that's never normal...

normal would be if it stayed on, right?