Best Water Cooler for $200 or under?

Hey guys,

I am building a new PC, and am curious as to what is the best CPU water cooler for under $200?

That is considering temps at idle and load, at the longevity and quality of the cooler itself.

Thanks.

Custom loop or enclosed loop?

Ofc is closed loop...is 200$

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Hey guys,

I am building a new PC, and am curious as to what is the best CPU water cooler for under $200?

That is considering temps at idle and load, at the longevity and quality of the cooler itself.

Thanks.

NZXT Kraken X61 is among the best if not the best aio on the market

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

1. idle temps dont really matter

2. most CLCs last for around 5+ years the pump will die before it starts to run dry

i would vouch for the h220-X simply because its ease of use and potential expansion and you actually know what components are being used. the only thing is that you would need to refill it every year or so

Swiftech H220X hands down.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

240mm H220x

280mm Kraken X61

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Swiftech H220X hands down.

Next time just don't.....

post-4438-0-54438400-1407095697.jpg

What parts are you planning to put into your PC? I'd say Corsair H100i or Swiftech H220X if you want to expand your loop later.

who cares...

snip*

idle temps don't matter thats also a 280 Rad

Why don't you buy the Noctua NH-D15, cheap and awesome.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

Next time don't put up idle temp charts and read up before you post.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

So what if is a 280mm?Idle temps will show that under load will perform better.58 under load for kraken 59 for 220x

Next time don't put up idle temp charts and read up before you post.

Here mr perfection.

vrLdGs.jpg

So what if is a 280mm?Idle temps will show that under load will perform better.58 under load for kraken 59 for 220x

So what? Who cares for 1.3°C if you get a cooler that looks better, uses better components and more importantly is expandable? 

I'm leaning towards the Kraken x61, but I'm not sure if it will fit in my NZXT H440, will it? If not I will likely get the H220-X.

So what if is a 280mm?

What if the OP's case doesn't support 280mm AIO?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I'm leaning towards the Kraken x61, but I'm not sure if it will fit in my NZXT H440, will it? If not I will likely get the H220-X.

the x61 will if you top mount it in either push or pull

What if the OP's case doesn't support 280mm AIO?

Did he mention what case he got?WHat is wrong with people around here i don't know i am trying to help and you all are on me.HOW i am supposed to know what he wants what case he got since he didn't mention he asked which is better i reapplied.You don't like my answer i don't care.

Cooler Master Seidon 240M for only $60 will be your best price to performance option.

In terms of BEST, you are looking at either the X61 or H220X.

Stay away from the H100i, it has very bad mounting problems, it works for some and not others.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Did he mention what case he got?WHat is wrong with people around here i don't know i am trying to help and you all are on me.HOW i am supposed to know what he wants what case he got since he didn't mention he asked which is better i reapplied.You don't like my answer i don't care.

Usually a case will support 240mm and not 280mm, not the other way around...just saying.

Yeah thanks for all the feedback, I will go with the Kraken x61.

Yeah thanks for all the feedback, I will go with the Kraken x61.

Just make sure that whatever case you buy has room for it, the X61 is a BIG and THICK radiator, so do your research before making any purchases.  If I may recommend a case that I know will fit it, the Phanteks Enthoo Pro is a spectacular option.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."