will a single xeon x5650 at 4ghz bottleneck 2 gtx 770s ?

I'm not talking about the topic, you are the one who brought the FX8 into the conversation and I quickly shot you down that more cores does not always equal more performance.  You are a scatter-brained nitwit who is spamming the forum.  Be gone with you peasant.

its multithreading question. 

workload is threaded, so more cores do help. 8350 was just an example that you can use them and isnt representative of power at all. 

it wont bottleneck. we just got mixed up in 8350 talk :D 

That xeons performance isn't so good in single threaded applications, it should serve you fairly well for a while though, 6 cores wont do anything really unless you're doing video editing or content creation, an i5 4590 or even i3 4150 would perform better in single threaded applications which is just about every app/game etc.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I'm not talking about the topic, you are the one who brought the FX8 into the conversation and I quickly shot you down that more cores does not always equal more performance. You are a scatter-brained nitwit who is spamming the forum. Be gone with you peasant.

First of all I "brought" the FX-8350 CPU in the topic because i wanted to know how good a 4 year old XEON comes next to an, year old 8 core chip, if you are so grate full in your self by reading other people saying something to me and joining in, go ahead but don't "zig zag" around, calling me a peassant ay ? well king king henry the viii, why dont you get your fat ass of the internet and go to the gym.

That xeons performance isn't so good in single threaded applications, it should serve you fairly well for a while though, 6 cores wont do anything really unless you're doing video editing or content creation, an i5 4590 or even i3 4150 would perform better in single threaded applications which is just about every app/game etc.

how long do you think the xeon i have will last before upgrading to an haswell chip ?

Petty insults yeahhhhh

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

First of all I "brought" the FX-8350 CPU in the topic because i wanted to know how good a 4 year old XEON comes next to an, year old 8 core chip, if you are so grate full in your self by reading other people saying something to me and joining in, go ahead but don't "zig zag" around, calling me a peassant ay ? well king king henry the viii, why dont you get your fat ass of the internet and go to the gym.

The FX processor is older than the Xeon. The FX is from 2009 because it was first designed as a server chip and later transformed into a desktop processor. The architecture is from 2009. The Xeon came out in 2010.

Do not quote that post, it is an incredibly flawed study that he did. Just because Task Manager shows all cores being utilized, doesn't mean they really are. Games do not utilize hyperthreading, and don't utilize more than 4 threads except for 3 games.

We are a long way off until games start to be able to utilize more than 2/4 threads.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Do not quote that post, it is an incredibly flawed study that he did.  Just because Task Manager shows all cores being utilized, doesn't mean they really are.  Games do not utilize hyperthreading, and don't utilize more than 4 threads except for 3 games.

We are a long way off until games start to be able to utilize more than 2/4 threads.

1282_lifislie_art_black.png

Thanks for heads up.

AMD4LYFE DIDNT READ

LOL no need to, i tell you :D

make sure you disable odd cores for gaming only with FX to enhance perf. sum up, games dont use more than 4 cores. 

make sure you disable odd cores for gaming only with FX to enhance perf. sum up, games dont use more than 4 cores. 

yes you are right :) tumblr_lmyvz4v3yL1qafrh6.png

yes you are right :) tumblr_lmyvz4v3yL1qafrh6.png

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL THAT REPLY DOE AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

disabling 4 cores will make the 4 other perform better ._.

disabling 4 cores will make the 4 other perform better ._.

yes, disabling 1 core in each module will make it perform better in games

yes, disabling 1 core in each module will make it perform better in games

Correct. When both alu clusters are active in a module it will be ~80% efficient in multi-core programs. I saw a 20% boost in cinebench scores by using "4c/4t" over "2c/4t".

fx4300 "quad": http://hwbot.org/submission/2519218_shrimpbrime_cinebench_r11.5_fx_4300_5.2_points

fx8320 "true quad": http://hwbot.org/submission/2561676_harrynowl_cinebench_r11.5_fx_8320_5.23_points

Correct. When both alu clusters are active in a module it will be ~80% efficient in multi-core programs. I saw a 20% boost in cinebench scores by using "4c/4t" over "2c/4t".

fx4300 "quad": http://hwbot.org/submission/2519218_shrimpbrime_cinebench_r11.5_fx_4300_5.2_points

fx8320 "true quad": http://hwbot.org/submission/2561676_harrynowl_cinebench_r11.5_fx_8320_5.23_points

Lol, i knew 4300 is whack, but when you look at this benchmarks... jeez. How about athlon?

Lol, i knew 4300 is whack, but when you look at this benchmarks... jeez. How about athlon?

well my phenom x4 965@4.2 got 5.25 points :( athlon probably very close to 4300 but has no l3

here's my 5600k score (basically same cpu as a 750k): http://hwbot.org/submission/2607853_harrynowl_cinebench_r11.5_a8_5600k_4.31_points

k10 athlons + phenoms whooping fx:

996162.jpg

938910.jpg

do you recommend me doing so ? can it cause any damage?

do you recommend me doing so ? can it cause any damage?

No damage, but not all motherboards support it. My M5A97 EVO R2.0 could only disable full modules, however my Gigabyte 970-UD3P could disable 1 core in each module.

You could get significant single threaded gains if you do, and maybe better overclocking.

No damage, but not all motherboards support it. My M5A97 EVO R2.0 could only disable full modules, however my Gigabyte 970-UD3P could disable 1 core in each module.

You could get significant single threaded gains if you do, and maybe better overclocking.

ill take a look,i have a m5a97 r2.0...wonder if it can - prolly not  :(

It'll be in advanced tab->cpu core control if it is :)

ill check to night,but why is disabling a core,make the other ones faster ._.

ill check to night,but why is disabling a core,make the other ones faster ._.

Because the FX processor is not a true 8 core CPU.  It shares resources, namely floating point units(FPU) which is very important in a lot of tasks.  Basically it is 1 FPU per 2 "cores" and this severely limits the performance.  By disabling the odd cores, it becomes 1 FPU per 1 Core and improves performance.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Because the FX processor is not a true 8 core CPU.  It shares resources, namely floating point units(FPU) which is very important in a lot of tasks.  Basically it is 1 FPU per 2 "cores" and this severely limits the performance.  By disabling the odd cores, it becomes 1 FPU per 1 Core and improves performance.

if i can ill test it,hope it helps me in older engined games