will a single xeon x5650 at 4ghz bottleneck 2 gtx 770s ?

will a single xeon x5650 at 4ghz bottleneck 2 gtx 770s ?a96ce04712baeb88ebb612ce59d50a03.pngin the bechmarks there the xeon is stock 2.66 ghzb1ef320b05a658e5396770edcca11ee4.png

depends what game...

any game, most people go with 8350 because of more cores but xeons can do the same :) 

A Gulftown six core, turbo is 3.06GHz and those are still powerful chips today, you should be fine. Also being a Xeon you probably won't be able to overclock it by much, any improvement will have to be through the baseclock because the multiplier will be locked out.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

any game, most people go with 8350 because of more cores but xeons can do the same :)

more cores does not always equal more performance.  A single 8350 bottlenecks a single R9 290/GTX780, so SLI/Xfire is out of the question with that processor.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

more cores does not always equal more performance.  A single 8350 bottlenecks a single R9 290/GTX780, so SLI/Xfire is out of the question with that processor.

you sure ?cc1665283495adedf9d55d3199a60684.pngyou sure again ?b7d3e4ea84623ef23061933a8b63273f.png

no it doesnt.  Only in single thread intensive games. Like with old engines. 

btw, some games even support 16 threads, hyperthreading. so yeaaa.... more cores equal more performance. 

My god op.

You have posted 9001 topics about your new Xeon. You can stop now (please?).

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

@alihazzi7

Yes, I'm absolutely positive.  Do your research.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

My god op.

You have posted 9001 topics about your new Xeon. You can stop now (please?).

well its my questions i can post what ever i want, if you can stop me go ahead, if you cant dont be so rude.

no it doesnt.  Only in single thread intensive games. Like with old engines. 

btw, some games even support 16 threads, hyperthreading. so yeaaa.... more cores equal more performance. 

Yes, it does.  Go run Cinebench's GPU Test or Firestrike with an 8350 OC'd to 4.8Ghz + a GTX 780 or R9 290X.  You will find that their scores are abysmal when compared to a stock i5-4670k.

Yes, I'm absolutely positive. Do your research.

just did everyone says it doesnt. it can 2 gtx 780s

Yes, it does. Go run Cinebench's GPU Test or Firestrike with an 8350 OC'd to 4.8Ghz + a GTX 780 or R9 290X. You will find that their scores are abysmal when compared to a stock i5-4670k.

but thats just benchmarks im talking real world.

just did everyone says it doesnt. it can 2 gtx 780s

A 8350 is bottle-necking a single GTX 780.

but thats just benchmarks im talking real world.

If it is bottlenecking in benchmarks, its going to show up in the real world.

Look, you will get 60fps no problem, but when you start going higher, that is when the bottleneck occurs.

If it is bottlenecking in benchmarks, its going to show up in the real world.

Look, you will get 60fps no problem, but when you start going higher, that is when the bottleneck occurs.

yeah true, but if you look at the xeon thats stock speeds at 2.66 when its a 4ghz then what :)

FX8350 @ 4.8Ghz + R9 290X Heavily overclocked doesn't even get 100fps in Cinebench's GPU test. 

FX8350 @ 4.8Ghz + R9 290X Heavily Overclocked gets a score of 9,000 in Firestrike

Intel i5-4670k @ stock 3.4Ghz + R9 290X Heavily Overclocked gets 120fps in Cinebench's GPU Test

Intel i5-4670k @ stock 3.4Ghz + R9 290X Heavily Overclocked gets a score of 11,000 in Firestrike.

This is the Firestrike *Achievement* for the 8350 + R9 290X:

"Achievements for the overclocked score:

b73b6a7a986472d6545732cecf14a926fa39a515

Brawn

Your GPU is ready to rumble, but your CPU doesn't want to play."

yeah true, but if you look at the xeon thats stock speeds at 2.66 when its a 4ghz then what :)

I'm not talking about the Xeon, I'm talking about the FX.

I'm not talking about the Xeon, I'm talking about the FX.

so will the xeon be batter then the fx chip ?

I'm not being rude. It would be better for everyone, if you posted 1 topic with all of your questions there, it would be much easier to follow.

But to answer all your questions :that chip is kickass, especially for the price you got it for.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Yes because single core performance is still so important for the vast majority of programs including games.

It will be better than any FX chip for awhile. it has good single thread performance compared to The FX series, and when it can it will still throw more cores into the situation.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

well its my questions i can post what ever i want, if you can stop me go ahead, if you cant dont be so rude.

Holy crap man you don't need to start so many threads, you're spamming the group

Also you're just putting everyone down, what's the point of this thread if you won't take advice.

It's an old chip that probably won't compare to newer Haswell chips, and it's difficult to get to 4Ghz with a 2.66Ghz base, especially in a locked Xeon.

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

It will be better than any FX chip for awhile. it has good single thread performance compared to The FX series, and when it can it will still throw more cores into the situation.

thank you someone who speaks my language,

thank you someone who speaks my language,

Are you kidding me?  A few posts ago you were saying how the FX is a good processor and doesn't bottleneck.  You flip-flopped so fast you deserve a speaking ban for 24 hours minimum.  That and all of your spam posts.

Holy crap man you don't need to start so many threads, you're spamming the group

Also you're just putting everyone down, what's the point of this thread if you won't take advice.

It's an old chip that probably won't compare to newer Haswell chips, and it's difficult to get to 4Ghz with a 2.66Ghz base, especially in a locked Xeon.

Lol your a good joker if i can get my locked i7 950 to 4.5 with ht and cores enabled, and other people can get there xeon to 4.5 at 1.32v core i think there will be an issure, talking about making new threads to ask questions well its not spamming if people question properly do they.

Are you kidding me? A few posts ago you were saying how the FX is a good processor and doesn't bottleneck. You flip-flopped so fast you deserve a speaking ban for 24 hours minimum. That and all of your spam posts.

your kidding me right whats the topic on ? again will the xeon bottleneck 770s sli right, its not my fault you dident get the question, that i have to take the blame for it. you are saying i should get a bann for flipping when i was saying that if a 8350 can take 2 cards why cant the xeon, i think you should get a year ban for, not reading the question.

your kidding me right whats the topic on ? again will the xeon  bottleneck 770s sli right, its not my fault you dident get the question, that i have to take the blame for it. 

I'm not talking about the topic, you are the one who brought the FX8 into the conversation and I quickly shot you down that more cores does not always equal more performance.