Best mechanical keyboard?

===PCtyc00n===

Razer Blackwidow has that but terrible build quality. Won't recommend it. What type of switch are you looking for?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Do you know which switches you like? Is there a PC store nearby that you could test switches at? Mechanical keyboards are mostly personal preference.

I don't know about the audio jack, but try the Corsair K70/K90 or Logitech G710+.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Get the ducky premier if you're looking for a quality keyboard with thick PBT key caps. (The letters will never wear out)

1518260_575947845813647_1596011091_o.jpg

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Do you know which switches you like? Is there a PC store nearby that you could test switches at? Mechanical keyboards are mostly personal preference.

I don't know about the audio jack, but try the Corsair K70/K90 or Logitech G710+.

no :[

I have the g710 on my current system 

Razer Blackwidow has that but terrible build quality. Won't recommend it. What type of switch are you looking for?

I've only used browns and I think I'd like blues or the best for gaming which i think are blacks

g710+ hands down for build quality. (i personally use it and its great! :D)

Corsair k95 is pretty neat too.

Ducky keyboards are great too!

poseidon z is great if you wanna save some $$

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

g710+ hands down for build quality. (i personally use it and its great! :D)

Corsair k95 is pretty neat too.

Ducky keyboards are great too!

poseidon z is great if you wanna save some $$

DO NOT GET A POSEIDON Z. 

Das 4

Max Keyboards nighthawk

Gamdias Hermes

I've only used browns and I think I'd like blues or the best for gaming which i think are blacks

This statement, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong..... People say, consistently, blues are bad for gaming, no one should ever use blues for gaming, and yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAo3QwnPruc&channel=KhaldorTV

I think I'd sooner trust someone who's been making money off playing videogames for several years now

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

This statement, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong..... People say, consistently, blues are bad for gaming, no one should ever use blues for gaming, and yet:

I think I'd sooner trust someone who's been making money off playing videogames for several years now

Not bad, just not ideal. I currently use mx greens without issue though I think I'd have to give the nod to mx blacks for gaming (I used to use a 6gv2 with blacks).

The reason is the linear travel and reset point

c12eKXv.jpg

KhWUQad.jpg

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

I can never agree with anyone that says "this color of cherry mx switch is the best for bla-bla-bla". Dude, that's so personal and it depends on each one!

That video just shows that. Some people can't stand the noise, others the tactile and others don't like that plain old button. If you feel good doing anything with a specific color, go with it!

On-topic:

Nice rig! badass.

Check this thread. Also, the G710+ has two USB ports but has no audio jacks. I believe you could buy something like this(I actually have one of these for my car) or this.

Good luck!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I say the new Func keyboard. Looks really solid and nice. If you aren't ever going to use the LED function I would say go with the K70. You can pick one up for super cheap. I think the k65 is actually on mass drop for 66$ if you want to get it.

I can never agree with anyone that says "this color of cherry mx switch is the best for bla-bla-bla". Dude, that's so personal and it depends on each one!

That video just shows that. Some people can't stand the noise, others the tactile and others don't like that plain old button. If you feel good doing anything with a specific color, go with it!

My thoughts exactly. I think I may have misworded my original post. Specifically, I have a problem when people who say "Reds and Blacks for gaming, Browns are ok, Blues are only for typing", especially when people with very successful careers making money on video game tournaments, use blue switch keyboards. That's not to say all of them do, but still, I think the main points been raised.

Snip

Eh, I don'y buy into that whole, actuation/reset point/double-tap debate. I don't think I've ever met someone who can, without needing to think about it, actually hold a switch just above the actuation point and do this supposed "godlike double-tap" motion. The fact that they're horrible for typing, means I'd need a seperate keyboard anyway

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I own Logitech G710+ and it's very comfortable once you get used to it.

Also, I removed the black rubber bands below the keys because it felt strange. Now I have the true MX Brown experience and I'm loving it.

But Corsair Vengeance K70 definitely a great alternative as well.

I honestly don't like when people tag certain MX Switches as "Gamer Switches". I've gamed on Blues, Reds, and Browns. I think it's honestly personal preference. I game on Browns currently.

"Never trust the authenticity of a quote on the internet."

-Abraham Lincoln