YouTube design change

CtW

Today, I noticed that YouTube has implemented a minor design change to the video player page thing and I figured that it wasn't big enough to go in the Tech News section but big enough to deserve a topic about it. (Mods: If this belongs in Tech News/Reviews, please move it there)

Changes (That I've noticed):

• Each thing on the page has its own box (G+ style)
  • Like/Dislike buttons moved next to their respective amounts under the view count
  • "Add to," "Share," "More" buttons moved under Channel name/subscribe button
  • Above mentioned things are now grey instead of black
  • Above mentioned things as well as video title is put in its own box
  • "Share," "Embed," and "Email" options appear in a separate box when "Share" is clicked 
  • Upload date, description, category, and other video info is moved to its own box
  • Comments section moved to its own box
  • Suggestions in their own box 
  • Video player in its own border-less box

Here is a screenshot I took of the subtly changed interface 

wnzLIX0.png

IMO, these changes are minimal enough to not make people mad and clean up the interface. I like the changed placement of the Like/Dislike buttons and the "Add to," "Share," "More" buttons as well as the use of boxes for each element of the page.

Let me know what you think of it in the poll!

Edit: Added poll

Edited by CtW

Took a little getting used to, but I don't mind the little change.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

looks good but im going to have to update my theme for the site again

post-115429-0-45602300-1409378549_thumb.

I don't typically like when things change.  I understand the necessity of it but for some reason it bothers me.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Just want the old youtube back where people had backgrounds on there channels and stuff it was so much more personal.

How is your video screen size still normal?  mine is stuck on huge., it literally takes 3 quarters of the screen.

Who else is annoyed that YouTube can't seem to remember that I don't want Autoplay enabled in my playlists ?

ATM that's the only update I actually want.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Just want the old youtube back where people had backgrounds on there channels and stuff it was so much more personal.

i payed 2 bucks for my background. then 2 weeks after, they changed it.. i felt so horrible. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I use Youtube Center extension to make YouTube work the way I want it to.  Whoever thought getting rid of the grid for Subscriptions was a good idea needs to be shot into the sun.

This post is more detailed

but still it's a repost and mine was a repost http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/200279-youtube-ui-changed-again/

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650