Best headset under $85USD

DeathRtH

Long story short headset is broken, need new one, fixed budget of $85.

Any recommendations?

I need a microphone, and I prefer over ear compared to on-ear.

I few I saw were

Corsair Vengeance 2100 for $85

SteelSeries Siberia V2 for $75

Logitech G430 for $62

Are they any good, or are there better choices? I don't want to blindly choose something based on product pages, I've made this mistake before.

Edit: Typo's and missing info.

Zalman MIC1 (clip-on mic)

Looks good, although I am not really an "audiophile" strictly gaming and the occasional video on youtube/stream on twitch.

I tend to use volume adjustment on headsets quite a bit (A lot of games I play get hectic quick and I need to lower volume on the fly), but I can't see one on those.

Would it be worth the loss of something I use quite a bit like that for the better audio quality if I don't listen to music?

You can use your keyboard to lower you volume.

Oh, right..forgot I had that now.. with that out of the way, will the quality be worth it as someone who only uses them for gaming?

I prefer a good bass for explosions/gunshots etc in games and I heard most audiophile headphones aren't large on bass.

I still lose Mic mute switch/button, USB, Surround, and possibly wireless (If I went with the Corsair 2100s.)+ adding an extra wire for the seperate mic/headphones (as is I trip more than I care to admit on the one cable attached to my headset as is).

I like the look and idea of the Sennheiser headphones, but I'm not even slightly concerned about audio quality, as just about anything is an upgrade from my current Turtle Beach X12s.

I get better quality from my laptops "Beats" audio speakers in fact, I just don't want to go with audiophile grade headphones but lose out on possible features I'll use more unless its worth it.

Just buy the HD 518`s , you will love them.

Well, ill be ordering tomorrow and there definitely on the list of things I need to look up extra reviews on before deciding.

Long story short headset is broken, need new one, fixed budget of $85.

Any recommendations?

I need a microphone, and I prefer over ear compared to on-ear.

I few I saw were

Corsair Vengeance 2100 for $85

SteelSeries Siberia V2 for $75

Logitech G430 for $62

Are they any good, or are there better choices? I don't want to blindly choose something based on product pages, I've made this mistake before.

Edit: Typo's and missing info.

Vengeance 2100 owner here, I like them, and own some pretty expensive headphones.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

@DeathRtH

Kingston HyperX Cloud   $79.99 USD (New)

http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-KHX-H3CL/dp/B00JJNQG98

Or

Sennheiser PC 350 SE

$134.99 USD (New) -  $112.99 USD (USED:Like New - Amazon Warehouse Deals)

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Special-Edition-Performance-Headset/dp/B008O510Y8

Otherwise, Headphone+MIC combo.

Save more then $85 and you could get something better like the PC 350 SE or a Good HP in the $100-$200 range.  I.E.  HD558/DT770/etc.

Vengeance 2100 owner here, I like them, and own some pretty expensive headphones.

Is there any issues with them, range battery life etc over time? And how responsive is the volume control?

@DeathRtH

Kingston HyperX Cloud   $79.99 USD (New)

http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-KHX-H3CL/dp/B00JJNQG98

Or

Sennheiser PC 350 SE

$134.99 USD (New) -  $112.99 USD (USED:Like New - Amazon Warehouse Deals)

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Special-Edition-Performance-Headset/dp/B008O510Y8

Otherwise, Headphone+MIC combo.

Save more then $85 and you could get something better like the PC 350 SE or a Good HP in the $100-$200 range.  I.E.  HD558/DT770/etc.

I'll definitely look at the Hyper X ones. Sadly saving isn't an option so the Sennheiser PC350 aren't an option.

What I have left to get the headset is refund for my current headset+leftover from buying a keyboard.

hyperx cloud are a solid option. i own a pair and can say they're simply outstanding.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

If you like bass you'll actually want a closed back headphone. For your price range I would recommend these:

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M30x-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUQW8/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1409402506&sr=1-3&keywords=ath+m40

it leaves you with just enough to pickup a zm-mic1 which I have and would recommend as well. Just turn mic boost to full and maybe wrap the cord around your headphone cord if you don't like multiple cords dangling around.

http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ

i5-3570K @4.3GHz Turbo w/ auto voltage

MSI Z77A-G45

Vengeance LP 2x4GB DDR3 2200MHz CL13

STRIX GTX 970 +180MHz Core clock +400MHz Memory Clock

MX500 500GB

CM h212+ w/ Cougar Vortex PWM 120mm @850 rpm

Lamptron FC9 \\ Cougar Turbine 120mm (4-pack) @800 rpm \\ NF-A12x15 PWM @1000 rpm

Antec One

Windows 10 Home

-----------------------------------------------

ASUS VG248QE 3D @144Hz

G710+ w/ Corsair PBT doubleshot keycaps + Double o-ring mod \\ G502 Spectrum

AKG K240 Studio w/ FiiO Olympus \\ Logitech X-530 + X-240 = Ghetto 7.1

hyperx cloud are a solid option. i own a pair and can say they're simply outstanding.

Looking at the HyperX Clouds, they look great, but have you had any issues with them?

How is the mic quality? I spend a lot of time in skype, and want to avoid picking up a ton of background noise, or having static.

Also at that price could it be a better choice to spend $5 more on the 2100s?

Sorry about the questions, I'll be using whatever headset I get everyday and want to be sure I make the right choice.

If you like bass you'll actually want a closed back headphone. For your price range I would recommend these:

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M30x-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUQW8/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1409402506&sr=1-3&keywords=ath+m40

it leaves you with just enough to pickup a zm-mic1 which I have and would recommend as well. Just turn mic boost to full and maybe wrap the cord around your headphone cord if you don't like multiple cords dangling around.

http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ

Honestly, is an audiophile grade product worth it for me, I use skype and play games and watch a bit of youtube, I use my mic mute quite a bit as well as in-line volume controls, things that the headphone+microphone combo here don't have.

I just don't know how I can justify the cost of a pair of headphones+a microphone over an all-in-one(so to speak) headset that has the features I use quite a bit, for audio quality I don't tend to care about(as long as I don't hear a humming or buzz noise of sorts I'm fine.).

Looking at the HyperX Clouds, they look great, but have you had any issues with them?

How is the mic quality? I spend a lot of time in skype, and want to avoid picking up a ton of background noise, or having static.

Also at that price could it be a better choice to spend $5 more on the 2100s?

Sorry about the questions, I'll be using whatever headset I get everyday and want to be sure I make the right choice.

Honestly, is an audiophile grade product worth it for me, I use skype and play games and watch a bit of youtube, I use my mic mute quite a bit as well as in-line volume controls, things that the headphone+microphone combo here don't have.

I just don't know how I can justify the cost of a pair of headphones+a microphone over an all-in-one(so to speak) headset that has the features I use quite a bit, for audio quality I don't tend to care about(as long as I don't hear a humming or buzz noise of sorts I'm fine.).

I find the mic to be quite good, nothing that will blow you away but it sounds detailed and clear enough for what it is. You may need to use some EQ if your motherboard has bad hiss but other than that I was quite satisfied with the clouds. They sound absolutely amazing, even more so with a proper source.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

I find the mic to be quite good, nothing that will blow you away but it sounds detailed and clear enough for what it is. You may need to use some EQ if your motherboard has bad hiss but other than that I was quite satisfied with the clouds. They sound absolutely amazing, even more so with a proper source.

Okay thank you, sadly I'm using a laptop with Beats audio  :unsure:, the softwares a bit garbage, but hopefully I'll have a desktop soon..

Is there any issues with them, range battery life etc over time? And how responsive is the volume control?

I'll definitely look at the Hyper X ones. Sadly saving isn't an option so the Sennheiser PC350 aren't an option.

What I have left to get the headset is refund for my current headset+leftover from buying a keyboard.

not really, range is fine if you are in the same room, if you decide to go take a weee then they can cut out.

battery lasts 8+ hrs per charge

Also only condenser mic in game headsets under $200.

software is decent

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

not really, range is fine if you are in the same room, if you decide to go take a weee then they can cut out.

battery lasts 8+ hrs per charge

Also only condenser mic in game headsets under $200.

software is decent

Thanks for the info!

:P