google fiber is fast

2mbur2n

Damn, that's 3x faster than mine. You lucky dog, I might have to come over and cut your fibre-optic cables. Then again, virgin aren't too bad with their internet, besides with throttling uploads if you go over your incredibly low limit (can't remember what, but it's like 2GB for me) and with an awful joint modem/router, and with a rather bad upload speed in the first place. Okay, Virgin aren't brilliant, but they're better than my last ISP.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

you created an account, just to brag about your google fiber?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Bandwidth cap in full effect:

ae63c05bda.png

* edit: I got a massive speed boost for 0.01s

449c300e0d.png

FBPhotoComment.Net-10.jpg

you created an account, just to brag about your google fiber?

No. I also occasionally post offensive memes.

Damn, that's 3x faster than mine. You lucky dog, I might have to come over and cut your fibre-optic cables. Then again, virgin aren't too bad with their internet, besides with throttling uploads if you go over your incredibly low limit (can't remember what, but it's like 2GB for me) and with an awful joint modem/router, and with a rather bad upload speed in the first place. Okay, Virgin aren't brilliant, but they're better than my last ISP.

Honestly, Google Fiber usually sucks. There's tons of reliability and configuration problems. For example, sometimes the only websites I can access are Google, Youtube and Facebook. Other times my phone or xbox won't connect to the internet. Also, their router is complete shit and the "Google Fiber TV" glitches out and constantly needs to buffer. Not to mention the several days I've gone without internet. My neighbors haven't had any better luck either. I wish I just stuck with my older, alibet slower, ISP.

Honestly, Google Fiber usually sucks. There's tons of reliability and configuration problems. For example, sometimes the only websites I can access are Google, Youtube and Facebook. Other times my phone or xbox won't connect to the internet. Also, their router is complete shit and the "Google Fiber TV" glitches out and constantly needs to buffer. Not to mention the several days I've gone without internet. My neighbors haven't had any better luck either. I wish I just stuck with my older, alibet slower, ISP.

When I change my router over and convert the virgin superhub to a modem only, it'll be fine for wifi range, which is the main issue with it. I would never go back to my old ISP, demon, because I had 4 down 0.1 up, which isn't even too bad considering some people on the forum. I had a slight issue initially with setting up the PS3, but it was sorted with a powerline adapter. Now the only issue is Sony themselves.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

When I change my router over and convert the virgin superhub to a modem only, it'll be fine for wifi range, which is the main issue with it. I would never go back to my old ISP, demon, because I had 4 down 0.1 up, which isn't even too bad considering some people on the forum. I had a slight issue initially with setting up the PS3, but it was sorted with a powerline adapter. Now the only issue is Sony themselves.

The one thing I've taken for granted is simply reliability. I'd rather have 3MB/s all the time with no issues, instead of 100MB/s that doesn't work reliability. At least a couple times a week I have a problem connecting to the internet. Best case scenario I reset my router, worst case is the Google Fiber team has to come to my house (again). And of course everything is proprietary so none of Google Fiber's customers are able to implement their own router or equipment. Which in a way is adding insult to injury.

2mbur2n I am not jealous.  Enjoy your fast internet.  I have more important things to worry about than stupid internet speeds.  In fact I really wish I could drop my internet entirely as it would help me pay back debt I have accumulated but I just haven't gotten to the point where I want to do that yet.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

2mbur2n I am not jealous.  Enjoy your fast internet.  I have more important things to worry about than stupid internet speeds.  In fact I really wish I could drop my internet entirely as it would help me pay back debt I have accumulated but I just haven't gotten to the point where I want to do that yet.

Sorry about your finances.

Wow, thanks for telling us!

I completely got 1,000 Mbps is faster than 20!

Yep, iv'e got the same.

Google Fiber 4 life

:D

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5

#canadadontgotfiber. but really dude this was unnecessary

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

I've got a constant 5mbps, but only a 50GB cap. Steam updates are a big no-no

I feel you bro :'(

How much do you pay for that ? And is it 1Gbps up and down or only down ??

Ok...thanks for showing us...

Your picture quality is still shit

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

#canadadontgotfiber. but really dude this was unnecessary

Yeah, just not that fast anywhere that I know of... rogers has 250Mbps Fibre, which I think is the fastest in Canada, but even then, it's Rogers, so it's trash.

*Rogers customer for TV, phone and net, lol

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Synchronous 1 GBit up and down.

Symmetric*

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

5.3-5.4MB/s down is fast enough for me. Better than my old 11Mb/s connection

It doesn't matter anyway since it's both the same anyway.

Depends. If you're Cisco certified, it's symmetric. Synchronous won't get you the points to pass the cert :P

its so funny to see ppl hate and bitch like 5 year old kid about so small things.

Like how a simple image is taken to show off a litle point. Just because they are jealous and dont want to say it.   

haters are so funny at time :D

Google is coming to San Jose, just the counties surrounding me however. ;-;

Same :(  I'm just outside the counties