Petition for Razer to switch back to Cherry MX

How about a petition for them to bring back blue backlighting on their mechanical keyboards?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck about switches? I game on a MacBook keyboard (Steam streaming), and FPS games are perfectly fine. I type all day long, and never have a problem. What's with all the different switches and colors? People complian like a red switch is impossible to type on compared to a green one, and so on.

Why the fuck are you trying to play Metro Last Light on a Macbook, they aren't meant for gaming!

Pleae, stop. We can play games, just because ignorant people base facts on info from 2007 doesn't mean that it's still true.

Good day.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck about switches? I game on a MacBook keyboard (Steam streaming), and FPS games are perfectly fine. I type all day long, and never have a problem. What's with all the different switches and colors? People complian like a red switch is impossible to type on compared to a green one, and so on.

My netbook keyboard is a wannabe Mac keyboard (just not chiclet and smaller) and I have no problems gaming or typing on it. But mechanical keyboards are nicer since you don't have to push them all the way down for them to work. Most mechanical switches actuate about halfway down the entire travel, which really is nice when you have to type a lot (my netbook is about 2mm for a full press, I'd guess).

Personally, I find the brown? to be the best, since it's a slightly "heavier" red and there is no click like with blues. I've used one before and I have to say that my membrane keyboard is kinda dead to me now.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I have no beef with different switches, but I just think its unfair they charge as much as they do for cherry mxs, I was hoping that this new knock off switches would mean that someone like me who hates spending more than 40 to 50 bucks on a keyboard could get a nice mechanical one.

-------

Current Rig

-------

How about a petion for their products to not be made of cheap plastic. I have a 12 year old a4tech mouse sturdier than that mamba pos.

Pleae, stop. We can play games, just because ignorant people base facts on info from 2007 doesn't mean that it's still true.

Good day.

Was just saying, most people play games on a desktop. Besides, pretty much any laptop as thin as the Macbook will have problems with cooling/battery/gaming, and unless you are talking about the 15" model with the 750m it's a bit different.

Was just saying, most people play games on a desktop. Besides, pretty much any laptop as thin as the Macbook will have problems with cooling/battery/gaming, and unless you are talking about the 15" model with the 750m it's a bit different.

My brother's 13" MBA plays Tomb Raider on 'ultra,' and can max Bioshock Infinite.

It's the Intel Iris, so heat isn't an issue. It's surprisingly capable.

I have the 750m equipped MBP. I force the Iris Pro to run. Why?

VLC for whatever reason WANTS the 750m, yet the IP can handle my 1080p files just fine so I prefer not to murder battery for no reason.

Having said that, once you start a few TIFFs in CS6? Hot hot hot. But the thermals aren't actually that bad. 70-80 which means The fans are halfway, but retina fans are so quiet it's hard to tell.

stop buying razer because of the inferior switches

Not proven

I don't care about those people they shoud make better choices/find out about what they're buying.

So, because they're buying a brand you don't like, they're making a bad choice. Logic

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Why all the Razer hate? I don't have one of their keyboards but I have a Razer Naga Hex mouse for over a year and I love it. I have no problems with it and frankly, no other mouse comes close in terms of form/functionality.

Who cares? Is it really that much of a difference betwen Cherry MX and Kyle switches or are people going nuts again for no reason?

I never touched a mechanical keyboard so I wouldnt know...

Why do people want them to switch back? From my experience there in house key switches are actually pretty good.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

Not proven

okay. not proven, but their reliability isn't proven either. when big names in the keyboard world start using kailh switches I'll start trusting them.

where is the Das Keyboard with Kailh switches?

I personally don't care about their decision. But the fact that they charge the same price as before the switch is ridiculous to me. If they wanted to offer a lower cost alternative, that would be fine in my book, though not my cup of tea personally. This just shows how greedy they are as a company; lowering quality for higher profit.

That being said, this petition won;t change anything and people just should not buy their products.

Not proven

So, because they're buying a brand you don't like, they're making a bad choice. Logic

Name one Chinese knock off of a well established product that is of the same quality. I challenge you.

why not  have both? let the person pick the switches they want

This. What's so incredibly wrong with the new switches anyway? They're a different brand, no big deal unless they perform worse at the same price.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Name one Chinese knock off of a well established product that is of the same quality. I challenge you.

beats

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So, what you're saying is, Cherry should have a monopoly of the market because any competing product is inherently "inferior" *slow clap

The parallel I find interesting is that a keyboard switch built in China must be bad because its built in China, and yet, I'm sure you'll find most big name companies like ASUS or MSI all have manufacturing plants in China.

beats

Beats are an example of a well established brand, or SMS Audio even, which aren't that good

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Who said the switches are poo?

wtf is wrong with people, just because a Chinese company makes an alternative switch does not automatically mean they are a piece of shit, they are rated for 60 million presses, and from reviews seem perfectly fine

People just love to hate

EDIT: Plus they are not a knock off, cherry do not have any copyright for their switches, it has expired, you could make your own switches based on cherrys design and it would be fine

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This is why no real petitions or protests get anywhere. We're too busy wasting energy on dumb stuff like this.

Activism has cheapened.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Just vote with your wallets. It's that simple. What bothered me with the new Razor keyboards is that they tried to hide the fact they are rebranded kaihl switches AND the keyboards are just as expensive as the Cherry MX equipped ones. 

Beats are an example of a well established brand, or SMS Audio even, which aren't that good

I never said they were ^^ but you see, there is a fault in your argument: beats knock-offs are just that, knock-offs, products that are sold as copies of the original product from another brand. Razer hasn't made "cherry mx" switches, they aren't trying to sell them as copies of the originals, they made their own (the design is fairly different if I recall correctly). So they aren't knock offs, they are just like every other original product that gets manifactured in china.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*