Petition for Razer to switch back to Cherry MX

That's an over-generalization. Many Razer products are perfectly good and worth while. Though certainly they do have some overpriced items that you're paying mostly for the physical design. But I'd hardly say it's the Beats of periphs.

Since we are talking about Keyboards,

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate:

$150

- crappy razer switches made from poo

- 1 year warranty

- no dedicated media keys

- plastic

- no palm rest

- crappy software

Corsair K95

$150

- Cherry MX

- dedicated media keys

- aluminum

- removable palm rest

- better software

- 2 year warranty

Logitech G710+

$150

- Cherry MX

- dedicated media keys

- palm rest

- 3 year warranty

- best software.

I've owned various razer stuff, everytime i buy one and open it, i immediately regret it.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

$150

- 1 year warranty

- plastic

- no palm rest

- crappy software

Corsair K95

$150

- Cherry MX

- dedicated media keys

- aluminum

- removable palm rest

- better software

- 2 year warranty

Logitech G710+

$150

- Cherry MX

- dedicated media keys

- palm rest

- 3 year warranty

- best software.

I've owned various razer stuff, everytime i buy one and open it, i immediately regret it.

Can you confirm any sources/reviews that state how bad the switches are, or is that personal experience only? I'm just clarifying in case it's a personal preference issue (example: Some people hate MX Blues, but no one ever says they're bad quality).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What's wrong with the switches that they started using anyway? They are for gaming while cherry switches are for typing. If their not god then just don't buy them. What is the problem with the new switches?

They're apparently slightly different, and you know how the PC hardcore can be.

Can you confirm any sources/reviews that state how bad the switches are, or is that personal experience only? I'm just clarifying in case it's a personal preference issue (example: Some people hate MX Blues, but no one ever says they're bad quality).

Even if you ignore switch quality it's still a massive difference

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Even if you ignore switch quality it's still a massive difference

Hmm? That literally tells me nothing.

There's a massive difference between MX Blacks and MX Browns, but that doesn't mean one is inherently better or worse than the other.

You're going to need to provide something a little bit more substantial if you're going to claim their key switches are "poo".

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The people clamouring about these changes are the same ones who will SWEAR they can tell a difference between 120hz and 144hz on a monitor and also the same ones who SWEAR they know what each kind of switch on a keyboard is and how they know how to minimize their input lag and how they 360noscopebruh in CS 1.6 for days. 

I'm confused. are you for or against razer utilizing their own tech? 

Because you just sound so wrong, yes there are tweaks to adjust input lag, yes you can see a difference between 24 extra displayed frames in a second, yes you can feel the difference between different types of mechanical switches. I mean everything you stated is an undeniable fact, why do you think no pc at big lan tournaments have: flash, java, sunlight, printer drivers, and other non essential services installed? Because each of those things require a cycle from the cpu. Reduce the amount of programs/drivers/services needed to run and your cpu has more free cycles. IPC: instructions per cycle.

So again, what exactly are you saying? Just because YOU don't posses the ability to perform well in CS doesn't make facts non-factual.

What's wrong with razer's switches? They might be just as good as cherry. Those who sign this petition without even using the keyboard for an extended period of time are dumb; sorry but it's true.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

This petition has no many spelling mistakes in it that I wouldn't sign it simply to avoid associating my name with it, ha.

Lol the irony

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

What's wrong with the switches that they started using anyway? They are for gaming while cherry switches are for typing. If their not god then just don't buy them. What is the problem with the new switches?

its made by another company called kailh and its basically cheap low quality chinese knock offs of cherry keys.

its made by another company called kailh and its basically cheap low quality chinese knock offs of cherry keys.

Can you confirm this please? Link or source for your information?

I've seen a lot of people claim the new switches are shit, but I've seen no evidence posted, no reviews, no comparisons. Nothing to show actual credibility to these statements.

Can you confirm this please? Link or source for your information?

I've seen a lot of people claim the new switches are shit, but I've seen no evidence posted, no reviews, no comparisons. Nothing to show actual credibility to these statements.

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/razer-releases-razer-brand-cherry-switch-clones-t7558.html

its pretty much common knowledge that razer uses kailh switches and kailh is a chinese company that makes cheaper switches than cherry but also with less quality. kailh keys have a reputation of having an inconsistent feel between different keys on the same keyboard and they pretty much last as long as membrane keys

Don't think that it will work. Only halfway decent thing Razer has made is that one laptop Linus likes.

Which has terrible cooling, something Linus seemed to not notice (because he was payed)

Which has terrible cooling, something Linus seemed to not notice (because he was payed)

Define "terrible cooling," since that's always going to be a sacrifice in a thin, powerful laptop.

$150

- 1 year warranty

- plastic

- no palm rest

- crappy software

Corsair K95

$150

- Cherry MX

- dedicated media keys

- aluminum

- removable palm rest

- better software

- 2 year warranty

Logitech G710+

$150

- Cherry MX

- dedicated media keys

- palm rest

- 3 year warranty

- best software.

Those are all terrible compared to Filco, DAS, Ducky, and some of the others.

Define "terrible cooling," since that's always going to be a sacrifice in a thin, powerful laptop.

Sweet palm/fingers (which Linus bitches about on other laptop reviews)

Better than the MBP Retina my friend has.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Sweet palm/fingers (which Linus bitches about on other laptop reviews)

Hm... Weird. I'm not sure if that's enough evidence to prove that he was paid, though.

Better than the MBP Retina my friend has.

No, the Macbook Pro actually has better cooling.

Hm... Weird. I'm not sure if that's enough evidence to prove that he was paid, though.

It is because he didn't bitch about any of its problems (which he does a lot with crappy products). Fuck, even CNET brought up its piss poor cooling and battery.

No, the Macbook Pro actually has better cooling.

He consistently hits 70-80C (Metro Last Light?) and it's fairly new...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

He consistently hits 70-80C (Metro Last Light?) and it's fairly new...

Why the fuck are you trying to play Metro Last Light on a Macbook, they aren't meant for gaming!

Has anyone signing that actually used them? Just wondering, also if you did and where not satisfied why have  you not switched to any of the other brands that do use them.

Why the fuck are you trying to play Metro Last Light on a Macbook, they aren't meant for gaming!

I don't even have enough money for a $200 fucking Chromebook. So shut the hell up. Tired of dealing with ignorant fucks like you.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

If you want a company to reverse a business decision, take your business elsewhere. And let the company know why you won't be giving them your money.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II