Saints Row studio Volition will reveal a new game at PAX Prime

Fulgrim

Saints-Row-4-610x346.jpg

Looks like Saints Row studio Volition will announce a new game at PAX Prime. According to an event description on the PAX site, new gameplay, art and details “for an upcoming project from Volition” will be shown during a panel on Friday (or Saturday if you're watching from Australia).

The panel will feature Volition creative director Steve Jaros, producer Jim Boone, voice actress Natalie Lander (ie, the voice of Kinzie) and Deep Silver brand director Aubrey Norris. The panel will take the form of a quiz show hour, but doesn’t specify the theme of the quiz. Half-Life 3 confirmed?

While Volition is best known nowadays for the terminally stupid (but fun) Saints Row series, the studio also developed the Freespace games and arguably the best Red Faction game, Guerrilla. Whether it’s any of those or a new IP is anyone’s guess, though the studio did announce plans to employ 100 new staff back in July, so it's possible they'll have two projects on the go.

As for a potential Freespace 3, well, some Volition staff would "commit murder" to do so, according to producer Jim Boone. We like to think he's joking.

Source 1 2

Turns out it's called Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I prefered their old games, saints row 2 was more enjoyable for me then saints row 3 & 4

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

SR5? gta 5? Time for GTA to release gta6

Diamond 5 in League :)

I'm far more interested in what the devs of metro and stalker are doing, all we know is they said sandbox.

DEAR GOD, SANDBOX METRO, BE STILL MY HEART

Finally, some serious competition to fallout, while I like fallout, it's too "comical" for my taste, I wants teh seriousness during my teotwaki.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I prefered their old games, saints row 2 was more enjoyable for me then saints row 3 & 4

Only played 3 & 4 myself. I prefer 3 over 4, one of the main reasons being the soundtrack. There was no metal in 4, which sucked for me, as a metalhead. :(

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I'm far more interested in what the devs of metro and stalker are doing, all we know is they said sandbox.

DEAR GOD, SANDBOX METRO, BE STILL MY HEART

Finally, some serious competition to fallout, while I like fallout, it's too "comical" for my taste, I wants teh seriousness during my teotwaki.

That would be amazing!

A free roaming STALKER/METRO? I would actually buy that for like £1000

( I do love fallout though, sorry)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That would be amazing!

You aware of Survarium btw?

That would be amazing!

Oh so do I, I just wish it wasn't so.....retro/comical you know? I like the seriousness and general terror you find in metro LL and especially in stalker when you just see a pair of glowing eyes coming at you through a dark concrete tunnel.

1282786204310.jpg

I was not.....

Mhm not sure how I feel about it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Oh so do I, I just wish it wasn't so.....retro/comical you know? I like the seriousness and general terror you find in metro LL and especially in stalker when you just see a pair of glowing eyes coming at you through a dark concrete tunnel.

yeah the atmosphere of STALKER was fantastic! the story and setting amazing too!

Ah I like the retro 50s style and comical nature, the game doenst take itself to seriously :) I like its charm, its one reason I preferred oblivion to skyrim, for its more varied and weird quests (like the paint world where you poison your sword with turpentine to kill paint trolls)

But I like serious and intense games too!

Please let it be Freespace 3.

Mhm not sure how I feel about it

Looks good to me.

WHY IS THIS GAME NOT ON STEAM?!

Looks good to me.

Russian planetside 2 basically, no single player or story or anything looks fast paced and no atmosphere

Russian planetside 2 basically, no single player or story or anything looks fast paced and no atmosphere

I'm still waiting for games like dayz to realize they need to use the environment (for dayz, zombies) to limit the shoot on sight mentality. Make it so that if you kill another player, the sent of blood and the sound of the gunshot attracts a ridiculous amount of zombies, at least in the city.

Volition made Freespace 1 and 2, arguably the best Space Sims of all time (Especially the 2nd - everything about it was cutting edge, graphics, storyline, scale, epic Capital Ship vs Capital Ship battles, etc).

Though I don't know who currently owns the rights - I don't think it's Volition anymore (I actually don't think they ever did actually, their publisher did). I think Interplay actually bought the rights back from THQ when they went under, but I cannot find a confirmation of that.

Anyway, imagine if they made Freespace 3? That'd be super kickass.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm still waiting for games like dayz to realize they need to use the environment (for dayz, zombies) to limit the shoot on sight mentality. Make it so that if you kill another player, the sent of blood and the sound of the gunshot attracts a ridiculous amount of zombies, at least in the city.

It does (on the mod) the rifle being known as "the dinner bell" for a reason

Also in the standalone if you shoot a player you ruin the gear thus making the player unlootable

It does (on the mod) the rifle being known as "the dinner bell" for a reason

Also in the standalone if you shoot a player you ruin the gear thus making the player unlootable

I'm just guessing that it really doesn't prevent people from killing people though. They ought to just make a single player, coop, and pvp "faction" mode. That and completely start over with an engine that doesn't suck lol.

I'm just guessing that it really doesn't prevent people from killing people though. They ought to just make a single player, coop, and pvp "faction" mode. That and completely start over with an engine that doesn't suck lol.

Too late for that, what they should do is just have like 1 gun spawn on each map, and that person could rule the land or maybe be betrayed

So, anyone knows when and where they'll be streaming SR5? Or I should I just stick to refreshing their twitter page... lol

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

I hope they aren't rushing another game and basically making it a dlc version of SR4 [shudder]

Here it is:

Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell

It's a standalone expansion for $19,99 .

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/29/6083573/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell-sends-the-saints-to-hell-in-2015

At the end of the trailer, it only shows the PS3 logo...

FOR FUCK'S SAKE... Seriously? I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't a Saints Row reboot, then I became interested again after seeing that it was set in a hellish version of Steelport and that there's no superhero bollocks but making it PS3 only? Screw Volition.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

At the end of the trailer, it only shows the PS3 logo...

FOR FUCK'S SAKE... Seriously? I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't a Saints Row reboot, then I became interested again after seeing that it was set in a hellish version of Steelport and that there's no superhero bollocks but making it PS3 only? Screw Volition.

It's not only for ps3.

It's coming for ps3/ps4/xbox360/xboxone/pc.

RTX2070OC 

I hope they don't make another Saints Row game. It can only get so much ridiculous before it just becomes shit.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I hope they don't make another Saints Row game. It can only get so much ridiculous before it just becomes shit.

The strange part is that they said the next Saints Row game would be a complete reboot and this is what is needed because this expansion cannot possibly compete with GTA V.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com