CPU i7-5820K - i7-4790K

What is the difference between the new Haswell-E Intel Core i7-5820K and the Intel Core i7-4790K in gaming perfomance :)? And would you guys recommend me getting the ASUS X99-S Socket 2011-3 for the new Haswell-E CPU? I think the motherboard looks stylish with the Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz Platinum edition :)

What is the difference between the new Haswell-E Intel Core i7-5820K and the Intel Core i7-4790K in gaming perfomance :)? And would you guys recommend me getting the ASUS X99-S Socket 2011-3 for the new Haswell-E CPU? I think the motherboard looks stylish with the Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz Platinum edition :)

DO NOT go for 2011 socket if you are not a content creator, you'll be just wasting your money.

go for 1155 and buy a better gpu.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

If you have the money then its perfectly fine, If you wanted to save money, use something like 4790k, the performance difference is minimal.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

DO NOT go for 2011 socket if you are not a content creator, you'll be just wasting your money.

go for 1155 and buy a better gpu.

Not entirely true this time round the 5820K is actually priced pretty well vs a 4790K it's just the RAM that kills the price of X99 builds.

I don't think anyone can know for sure what the gaming performance difference will be until Haswell-E is at least paper-launched and benchmarks start appearing. Chances are good there won't be much performance difference at stock, but if it ends up being a better overclocker than Haswell (which isn't a high bar to set) I could envision a scenario where it might be worth it.

X99 isn't compatible with DDR3 as far as i know. It's going to be using DDR4.

Not entirely true this time round the 5820K is actually priced pretty well vs a 4790K it's just the RAM that kills the price of X99 builds.

It's $100 more exspensive, plus a $500 motherboard, for two extra cores that do nothing in games.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Processor is $100 more, board is 200 more, ram is 400 more, that's the difference of an entire 780ti.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

the x99 boards are expensive too :S

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

It's $100 more exspensive, plus a $500 motherboard, for two extra cores that do nothing in games.

$500 motherboard... you guys are getting screwed over 

$500 motherboard... you guys are getting screwed over 

What? Thats the price of x99...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What? Thats the price of x99...

It's not $500 the MSI X99 SLI Plus board is about £15 more expensive than a decent Z97 board.

those prices don't seem too bad

They're not like I said it's only the RAM that is causing X99 builds to be expensive.