Who else hates motion gaming?

Tr33

In my opinion motion(PS move,Kinect,Wii, etc.) is a really stupid idea and it sucks. Why? Because when I game I want to relax sit on my chair perhpas eat something,drink something and not jump around as if I had an epileptic seizure. I really think the only point of motion gaming is for Microsoft,Sony,Nintendo  to show the capabilites of how far gaming can go. Whether it's now or in the future I just think motion gaming is silly and ridiculous. What is your view on this?

BLAOW!!!!

Motion gaming is terrible. I despise the Wii and have never and will never use a kinect or ps move. I hope it dies. 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Playstation eye was fun. maybe because i was a kid.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Playstation eye was fun. maybe because i was a kid.

True

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Until motion gaming is on par with the movie Gamer, I won't be interested. It'll show the people who are truly skilled because they'll have to be physically fit to play the game and excel at it.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

In my opinion motion(PS move,Kinect,Wii, etc.) is a really stupid idea and it sucks. Why? Because when I game I want to relax sit on my chair perhpas eat something,drink something and not jump around as if I had an epileptic seizure. I really think the only point of motion gaming is for Microsoft,Sony,Nintendo  to show the capabilites of how far gaming can go. Whether it's now or in the future I just think motion gaming is silly and ridiculous. What is your view on this?

Specifically in reference to your words on the Wii controllers and Sony's copy of the Wii controllers:

That one should need massive erratic movement in order to operate a Wii is a very common misconception. Anyone who has actually played a Wii can tell you that you need only apply some flicks of the wrist and similar small movements that don't require any effort for it to work. It's quite intuitive and easy if the game developers knew the hardware they were working with.

As for my take on motion gaming, I like the Wii, Sony's copycat controllers work fine enough though there is a lack of good games to utilize them and the original Kinect is a gimmick out and out. As for the new Kinect, I'll probably never know because I have no intention of buying the new Xbox. Overall, if done right it can be a great thing and I don't see why one should be so negative about the concept. That's just closing off avenues of experience that might provide with a good time and I don't see any reason for that.

Virtuix omni discussion anyone?

Specifically in reference to your words on the Wii controllers and Sony's copy of the Wii controllers:

That one should need massive erratic movement in order to operate a Wii is a very common misconception. Anyone who has actually played a Wii can tell you that you need only apply some flicks of the wrist and similar small movements that don't require any effort for it to work. It's quite intuitive and easy if the game developers knew the hardware they were working with.

As for my take on motion gaming, I like the Wii, Sony's copycat controllers work fine enough though there is a lack of good games to utilize them and the original Kinect is a gimmick out and out. As for the new Kinect, I'll probably never know because I have no intention of buying the new Xbox. Overall, if done right it can be a great thing and I don't see why one should be so negative about the concept. That's just closing off avenues of experience that might provide with a good time and I don't see any reason for that.

Well yea someone might have a good time with that but I don't have a good time when I game and have to move most of my body parts.

BLAOW!!!!

The baseball game on wii was the only motion game i found any fun at all

I look forward to one day having virtual reality/motion gaming that involves me playing an mmorpg or rpg and it works flawlessly.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I love virtual reality, if I had the money, I'd buy an Oculus Rift and a Virtuix Omni right away. I love the kinect as well. Before you start to hate, not really for the gaming. The technology is nice and it has already been used by a lot of scientists (with custom firmwares etc). I recently read an article about scientists setting up a kinect to detect the movement of a glacier. Science bitch ;D

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I love virtual reality, if I had the money, I'd buy an Oculus Rift and a Virtuix Omni right away. I love the kinect as well. Before you start to hate, not really for the gaming. The technology is nice and it has already been used by a lot of scientists (with custom firmwares etc). I recently read an article about scientists setting up a kinect to detect the movement of a glacier. Science bitch ;D

exactly my thoughts

CPU: i5 3570K; Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V; RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB); GPU: MSI R7850 Twin Frozr; Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition; Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue (500GB); PSU: Thermaltake Modular PSU 750 Watts

The only motion related gaming devices I care for are the Rift and the Omni, at least they are trying to break ground in terms of virtual reality.

I see your point.

i see it aswell

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel

When the Wii was first announced, it sounded really fun to me and I was looking forward to playing Zelda, slashing my sword around, using it to aim the bow etc.  But, shortly after getting my Wii, I just wished I would have bought Twilight Princess for the Gamecube.  Any game I play with motion is fun at first, but then after an hour I get bored of the game and it just feels gimmicky.  I haven't touched a motion sensor game since. The whole time I am playing the game I am just saying to myself, "I wish I was using s controller right now."  

I have a better chance of spending money on the Rift and Omni than I do buying a next generation console right now. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Yeah personally I never thought that motion gaming would really pick off anyways. I much prefer just playing a game with a kb + m or controller set up.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I think it is a good idea but IMO no one has perfectly executed it yet.

I will never understand the whole motion gaming hype. It sucks, it doesn't work and it isn't practical.

On a side note, I'm going to buy the Rift and Omni day one.