Console - Computer monitor

Random Newbie

Can I use my PS4 and my XBOX One display on a 4K monitor/ROG Swift or only a wide-screen television?

yes you can however it is completely pointless to use a console on 4k monitor or something like a rog swift,

they guy who like this wins username awards

Yes... As long as you've got HDMI on the TV... It won't run at 4K though...

LOL why buy a 800 monitor with a crappy console? console quality is so bad any old tv will do.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

LOL why buy a 800 monitor with a crappy console? console quality is so bad any old tv will do.

What he said.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Can I use my PS4 and my XBOX One display on a 4K monitor/ROG Swift or only a wide-screen television?

Consoles can barely run at 1080p resolution, a lot of the times they don't even go to 1080p

Most monitors today have hdmi inputs so just connect the console to the monitor in the same way you'd connect to a tv. Keep in mind tough that altough hdmi carries sound, most monitors dont have speakers.

Also don't buy a 4K monitor for this reason because consoles don't support resolutions that high. Just go with 1080p and you'll be fine.

(if you already have a 4k monitor go ahead and plug it in and see how it looks, I can't tell because I don't have one)

If I'm not a "real-gamer" but I do play games such as Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Assasins Creed IV etc. Should I go with:

• wide-screen TV - Comp, PS4, XBOX One

or 

• 1080p/4K monitor? - Comp
  • Approx 28" TV (1080p) - PS4, XBOX One