Why did you convert to Master Race?

This meme sums it up

Halbox+One.jpg

That and I was tired of getting a shitty experience. Tired of shitty controllers (sorry, keyboard and mouse are just better, don't have to worry about my joysticks wearing out).

Laughed way to hard at this pic :D

@topic Myth of Soma and Legend of Mir "converted" me. Both Korean mmo grind fests, but so much fun. I was even featured on GamesNetwork TV a few time's (they had a program dedicated to Soma and did char spotlights etc and followed big guilds progression etc, was awesome). That was back in the time of the original grey playstation (or PSOne as it's known now). Still bought a PS2/3 and played all the awesome game's on them but those 2 MMO's started me on my road to PCMasterRace.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

I was part of the master race since the beginning. :D

#pureblood

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I did not convert.

I was born in it. I only ventured out during the days of PS1 and PS2 when they appered before me for no cost. I enjoyed their games.

Still, the masterrace was calling. I stayed with the masterrace while I watched over my consoles...

Now, the PC has taken the center stage in my life... I work and play with the PC...

This^

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

I never really committed to one side or the other. I have always had some sort of computer and always gamed a bit on it, but consoles have surrounded me my entire life. I haven't owned one since PS2, but at least one of my roommates for 4 years had an XBox 360 or PS3 that they kept in the living room, so I played quite a bit of that. It was only recently that I haven't had access to a console and my laptop wasn't cutting it anymore for games, so I decided to choose a side. In the end, I went with PC (probably because of my ridiculous excess of games from Humble Bundles and the occasional Steam sale) and I don't intend to change.

This is why

-Console games cost too much 

-Memberships you have to pay money every month to be in and rarely get good free games from all of it WTF

-Graphics are terrible

-I dont enjoy sitting on my couch with a joystick

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

its when i started playing bf3 on ps3 and i used to think that it looked awesome(i know sounds stupid but it looked better than COD :P) and than i saw a video from jackfrags playing it on pc on 64man server and i just couldnt resist the graphics and the 64 man servers :D

I didn't really convert to the master race yet, but I will. What's making me take the switch is the fact that I love games and seeing how better they look on PC , the games library and the fact that you can play old games on them..

I've never been converted, had a PC along all my Nintendo consoles and I'm happy forever.

started on amiga/pc.  never really got into consoles other than splitbox lan gaming halo on xbox E:

BF3 Alpha was pc only and the family prebuilt was luckily powerful enough to run it. It had Lynnfield i7, 8gb Ram and 5770 which could run the game @60fps on medium I think. After trying the game I was absolutely blown away by the graphics (owned a 360 at the time) My best friend already owned a pc too so I decided fuck it im gonna sell my xbox and save up for a kickass pc. I built my first pc back in January 2013 and Ive never looked back pr had any kind of regrets since. I still ended up getting an xbone a few months ago which I use to mostly to play fifa, netflix and the master chief collection when that comes out.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I just was never into gaming until games were able to match film and books in terms of visuals and story quality, I never cared for mario or pokemon. So I never had a console, PC is my first platform.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I never converted, I've always played both PC and Console games. I just find my PC more convenient. 

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

mainly because I wanted to play dayz,while investigating about pcs and stuff I came across a whole new world, a better world. A world without annoying kids screaming in the headset, a world where I could mod nearly every game I played. I came across the master race.  *introduce epic music and epic background of mountains in a superhero movie fashion*

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

I switched over before "Next Gen" about 2011. I knew the PS3 was the last good console that was something other than a crap PC.

Still use my 1st Gen PS3 for PS3 and PS2 games. (YT trailers in my profile page)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I switched about a year ago when I bought a Lenovo Q190 as a media pc. I swapped out the HDD for a SSD after watching Linus' videos about SSD's and carried on watching Linus and Tek Syndicate and learnt more about the master race and built my first pc thanks to them. 

I didn't even know you could play games other than Age of empires & sims on pc before watching Linus.

Kinda got caught up in that Xbox Hype for a long time. 

Feeling pretty enlightened right now!

If you read the same things as others and say the same things they say, then you're perceived as intelligent.

I'm a bit more radical... Woz

Team Fortress 2. I had a laptop but I mainly gamed on my Xbox 360. Being 13 I had no real income, so Iwhen I had some money people suggested buying TF2 (long long ago). I bought it, loved it, and grew into PC gaming.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Back in the year 2000, I wanted a computer for the interwebs and I couldn't afford a PC plus a console to replace my ageing PS1, so I started gaming on PC by default really.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

I was tired of playing on a toaster you call a console so I went with the PC side of gaming since I can control what hardware I want and because my PC gives next gen toasters a big spanking. Exclusives are overrated IMO as well. :P

There are tons of reason.

Resolution

21:9 support

Graphics

Framerate

Mouse+keyboard support + whatever controller you like

More games

Emulation

Fun to build and configure builds

Mods

Free online

Cheaper games

You can do more on a PC

I never converted, as I have almost always had a personal computer at my disposal. And almost always had a console along side it. My first experience with gaming was on an Amstrad CPC 464, followed very closely by gaming on a Sega Master and Nintendo Entertainment System (NES/Famicom). For me it is not a case of which system is better (or worse) for gaming on, it is what system has the game I want to play at any particular time. I am just a gamer that happens to enjoy tech at the same time. I currently have an Xbox one, and I don't regret buying it at all. But I am not delusional to the fact it is exceptionally weak compared to even a low/medium end gaming pc.

for me it was because counter strike

im sure most people here converted for the games back in the day

red alert , C&C ,CS etc

new gen of converters joined because of graphics , free online , and cheaper games

This is exactly why I converted from playstation 1 to the pc during the 90s.

Not really convert per se, but I found the genre I really loved and that is strategy games which was abundant on then PC.

This is exactly why I converted from playstation 1 to the pc during the 90s.

Not really convert per se, but I found the genre I really loved and that is strategy games which was abundant on then PC.

yup

i owned most consoles , back in the day many games were only available on consoles

even when i got a pc it was a crappy dell but it was enough to play all the games i wanted

never knew u could even upgrade computers

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I never did...