Why did you convert to Master Race?

Hey guys,

I thought it would be interesting to discuss why some of us converted from console to the PCGMR.

My story begins after the PSN hack. I was bored out of my mind, even with the games I could play offline. Sick of hearing announcements that PSN was still dead, annoyed by the simple fact that Sony stored a fuckload of vital information which was then stolen which lead to many people cancelling their credit and debit cards. So when PSN came back on, I was "greeted" by some pretty shitty incentives for coming back; launch title games for free... "Yay" I thought. "Free games everyone already has. What about the people who already have these, fuck them right? I guess they don't need any real incentive of their own...". Yet, I still played on. I began to notice how much I had spent on DLC, it was mostly LittleBigPlanet stuff and trust me that game had a lot of DLC and I had nearly all of them.

A year later, I was on holiday in Cornwall. I was bought an iPad for "work" by my Dad but I mostly used it for other things when I was in Cornwall because even though there was a lot to do in Cornwall, sometimes the best thing to do to kill the time is have the always overheating iPad 3 on my lap. So when I was on Amazon I noticed a £400 gaming PC - This got me interested. By now I realize that the machine was fairly shitty, what with an FX-4100 and some 6xxx or lower GPU and 4GB of RAM so I carried on searching. This is how I truly got interested in PC gaming. I found myself looking at over people's builds and building videos for hours on end. I ended up talking about it for a while too. I would often ask my friends if they too were curious about PC gaming but alas, they were console peasants and still thought that Consoles were better despite my already existing technical knowledge. Eventually I got around to talking it over with my Dad who then gave me a budget of £850 because my PC was (as you probably said to your parents) for Occasional games, work and programming. So that's how I got the build in my sig. But that's not quite the end of the story. When I finally got all my parts in December - My 660ti, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, 1TB HDD, Sony disk drive, 650w CoolerMaster gaming series PSU and MSI Z77A-GD55 motherboard, I started assembly.

When everything was finally set up, my PC would start booting up and then it would suddenly die before booting up and dying again. A while later I gave my PC to one of my Nan's friends who was an ex-police technician who managed to figure out that the motherboard was faulty. I was disheartened but he reassured me that I did a great job at building the PC. So we sent the motherboard to MSI who then claimed that we scratched it; they sent us pics of scratches that weren't even there before. We disputed this and even though we had no pictures to prove that we didn't scratch anything, MSI still went ahead and did their own investigation. A week later, we get an e-mail from management that even though the investigation "failed", they would give us a free replacement as a gesture of goodwill. So I build it all over again, hook up my PC to my TV and even though everything works, the TV was blank. So I had to get myself a monitor. Thankfully, the same ex-police technician had a spare LG Flatron monitor and that was what I used up until November 2013.

That's how I became Master Race.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

This meme sums it up

Halbox+One.jpg

That and I was tired of getting a shitty experience. Tired of shitty controllers (sorry, keyboard and mouse are just better, don't have to worry about my joysticks wearing out).

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I finally had a PC that could actually play more then the original Portal.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

This meme sums it up

Halbox+One.jpg

That and I was tired of getting a shitty experience. Tired of shitty controllers (sorry, keyboard and mouse are just better, don't have to worry about my joysticks wearing out).

My friends were always like...

>720p

>30fps

>shitty plastic controllers with a gyroscope that cost $5 to make

>console is better

And I would always say "wut"

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

i switched because consoles wasnt really fun anymore and i wanted better graphics and better immersion.  

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Also, I saw some videos of modded skyrim and modded portal 2 and was like "what's the point of a console again? to be as bare minimum as possible?"

Still having trouble convincing my former console friends that their "next gen" boxes are 5 years behind.

becuase i was sick of paying $100 aus for games, now i buy games on the steam sales

Ouch, my wallet felt that one from a few thousand miles away

I did not convert.

I was born in it. I only ventured out during the days of PS1 and PS2 when they appered before me for no cost. I enjoyed their games.

Still, the masterrace was calling. I stayed with the masterrace while I watched over my consoles...

Even on my 10-year-old P4 256MB 800MHz DDR1 PC who rocked her Nvidia GeForce 5200 AGP, I managed to play the games... I was playing at 800x600 during the days of 720p...

Now, the PC has taken the center stage in my life... I work and play with the PC...

But I could not leave my consoles in neglect...

I got a PSP for some portable action, and I still play both my PS1 and PS2 from time to time...

I used to watch hours upon hours of Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 and BF3 gameplay, none of it was on the consoles and I couldn't help but notice how much better the PC version was overall. 

So, later that year, I made the plunge and now gaming in bliss.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Well, I've always been a PC gamer, starting at 2004 playing Half-Life 2 on a P4 rig. That was my main PC for quite a while, but in the year 2008 I got a Wii. I played it for a few years, but was still a PC gamer, mostly. But last year my dad decided to lend the Wii to a couple of his friends for a while. I got it back this year, but it's not that exciting anymore and I'm a PC gamer.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

becuase i was sick of paying $100 aus for games, now i buy games on the steam sales

ALL HAIL LORD GABEN AND THE STEAM SALES!

I vote we collectively troll the crap out of an xbox or ps4 forum, anyone? Just post $400 dollar builds that spank the consoles, or $500 in the case of the xbox.

I vote we collectively troll the crap out of an xbox or ps4 forum, anyone?

Yes, yes, yes, let's do that. MwhahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA!

I vote we collectively troll the crap out of an xbox or ps4 forum, anyone? Just post $400 dollar builds that spank the consoles, or $500 in the case of the xbox.

I'm up for that. We could tell them that Nintendo bought the rights to TLOU and that TLOU: Remastered would now be a WiiU platform exclusive?

I only fully converted today because games are to much they charge you to play online and I had had enough

I did not convert to master race, I WAS BORN IN IT

If you're gonna quote Bane, do it right.

It should look like this...

"You merely adopted master race... I was born in it... Molded by it! I didn't see Consoles until I was but a man and by then they were nothing to me but BLINDING!"

I did not convert to master race, I WAS BORN IN IT

Pureblood....

I'm up for that. We could tell them that Nintendo bought the rights to TLOU and that TLOU: Remastered would now be a WiiU platform exclusive?

No idea what TLOU is lol.

Pureblood....

No idea what TLOU is lol.

The Last of Us

If you're gonna quote Bane, do it right.

It should look like this...

"You merely adopted master race... I was born in it... Molded by it! I didn't see Consoles until I was but a man and by then they were nothing to me but BLINDING!"

Dude, I didn't even see the movie.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

the last straw of putting up with consoles was gta5's horrible framerate.

After playing that....i couldn't take it anymore. So i spent the money on a pc.

But I really want to play halo so it's either micosoft support the master race or I'll buy a xbone for halo.

Dude, I didn't even see the movie.

My apologies

for me it was because counter strike

im sure most people here converted for the games back in the day

red alert , C&C ,CS etc 

new gen of converters joined because of graphics , free online , and cheaper games

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.