Used cars for 1,000$ or under? (Michigan USA)

Luckris

So I'm in Michigan USA, and been looking for some nice used cars. Price range for the moment is 1,000$ or under, and trying for under 150k miles. Mostly near the Detroit area. within miles around there. 

You guys know anywhere I should check other than Craig list? so far I found a Kia with 120K miles 2003 for 900$. Also seen a Grand Am I wanted for 1,000$ but it was 200K miles.

Or even just recommend car brands or names I should try to search? >.> I'm not good at knowing any names to look for. 

Buying a sub-1000 usd car is quite a risk IMO, there is a good chance of the car being complete shit.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Buying a sub-1000 usd car is quite a risk IMO, there is a good chance of the car being complete shit.

Usually, you are not planning on driving it for more than five years. In that price range, it is all about getting you from point A to point B. (That is what a car is supposed to do in the first place not have a fucking touch screen and all that shit). For me, I need a $1000 car too to get me to work and school. 

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M