Motherboard not recognizing any SATA drives!

I just finished building my new PC, but I my 1 TB western digital wasn't being recognized in the bios. I don't think it is faulty because I felt it spin up. I accidently plugged the HDD in one of the SATA ports while the system was still on. After that neither my SSD(boot drive) nor my HDD was being detected by the bios. I have no idea what to do. I even tried using a drive off of an older build, and like the others - was still not recognized. I'm no genius with PCs, I really need help. Thank you.

I am sorry to say this but you are dumb.Never work on a powered machined.As for the hdd try on another computer if is not detected then is fried or if it is then you may did something to the mothearboard.Also try cleaning the cmons but i don't think is going to have any result

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

swapping drives while running is dumb, I'll give you that, but I don't think that would fry the drives. Like I said earlier, I tried another drive on it but still without result. The problem lies in the Motherboard - but how to fix that is beyond me.

swapping drives while running is dumb, I'll give you that, but I don't think that would fry the drives. Like I said earlier, I tried another drive on it but still without result. The problem lies in the Motherboard - but how to fix that is beyond me.

You can't if you fried the sata controller then is bad.You can use a special sata card but that will cost.

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

That's what I was thinking but I think I'll just replace the board. Whoopie!

I've tried everything I could think of to fix my sata controller, my drives still work I don't know I think I'll get a $36 PCI-e data controller. So it's not too bad considering I could've lost an ssd and a HDD.

I've tried everything I could think of to fix my sata controller, my drives still work I don't know I think I'll get a $36 PCI-e data controller. So it's not too bad considering I could've lost an ssd and a HDD

Quite sure that SATA is plug and play, so it should be alright.

Not sure how hard drives and SSDs react when you plug in power when the computer is on, however....