I really don't understand CS:GO ranking...

TheTacoSniper

The ELO system (based on the one from chess) on principle compares your performance to that of your opponents. i.e. if you kill someone better than you you get more "points" toward ranking up and if you kill someone ranked below you you lose more points toward ranking up. So even though you are top fragging against silvers I promise you would hardly have any kills against high ranked players. That being said I personally think the ranking system does a good job determining a player's skill.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

There's a lot that attributes to ranking up...

Also good luck getting out of Silver.

Silver? Hell good luck getting out of MG leagues. 

yea I've been having trouble too, I was Silver Elite when i first got ranked (after 10 wins) but recently i dropped to Silver 4 (i had a few bad games + disconnections due to network issues). 2 games later I'm back at Silver Elite.

My goal is to get out of Silver by October (when i head off to College)

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I think I have two more games to win to get my rank. Would be pleased with a silver 2/3. Should be able to get it this weekend but it can be a grind playing with strangers. Good game last night with one guy giving calls as terrorists and it made a big difference

Reading this thread makes me feel good about being DMG :)