Wireless Card Teaming?

pspfreak

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to use more than one wifi card at once, simultaneously. The hotel I'm at limits per device, at 1.5/1.5. I was wondering if I could take 2 or 3 wifi cards and get faster speed. I already have 3 wifi cards, so is it possible?

Well I don't know how it splits the data bandwidth. But yea, with windows 8 it is possible to have more than one WiFi devices.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Well I don't know how it splits the data bandwidth. But yea, with windows 8 it is possible to have more than one WiFi devices.

Well I know that. I have 3 pluged in atm

And yes they have faster internet, in the "business center" each computer gets 5/5

It would be hard as you'd have to run the cards in some sort of RAIWIFI array, striping the information collected across multiple cards, which would be glitchy, and possibly slow.

You can connect all 3 to the same router but I think that you will be getting internet from just 1.

Thats what it seems. I might just call the front desk and see if they can give me a code for faster internet. I'm tired of 1.5/1.5! I need to be able to watch 720p youtube without buffer.

And yes they have faster internet, in the "business center" each computer gets 5/5

Thats terrible though...

Thats terrible though...

The upload is faster than my home connection...

The upload is faster than my home connection...

My school has 15/10 to each computer...

My school has 15/10 to each computer...

My school has 150/150 to each computer, when the connection isn't being used up.

My school has 150/150 to each computer, when the connection isn't being used up.

Well we have something like quad 500/500 connections. But they are split. So each computer can have 15/10.

Though the file server is like 2 3TB HDDs. So it's so slow...

You can have multiple devices active at once, but as far as I know, that's only for redundancy, with the best signal taking priority out of them. I could be way off base here though.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section