Google Chrome insane lag when opening tabs/closing tabs

RoryLogue

I have this weird situation which is happening on my new PC as well as my old PC.

I havent installed anything new since this happened but what happens is chrome freezes suddenly when opening new tabs, and then will load the page quickly.

I could have two tabs open, open 2 more, and the 3rd and 4th would lag opening, or closing a certain tab there would be a freeze of 1-2 seconds and it would lag quite a bit.

Trying to provide examples here if anyone has experienced it...

Any help appreciated. 

------------------

Google Chrome

Windows 8 64bit

Extensions installed;

BetterTTV

Magic Actions for YouTube

Reddit Enhancement Suite

Tweetdeck

Ive been getting this on my PC with waterfox hopefully someone knows why im realy contemplating a fresh install or trying to hold back till i buy a 1tb ssd to do it.

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

I've seen a few people having this issue with the latest version of chrome, some are reporting that moving all bookmarks off of the bookmarks bar into 'other bookmarks' or 'mobile bookmarks' fixes it. Apparently the issue is triggered when there are many bookmarks on the bookmarks bar.

Here's the bug report: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=407889