will this be ok to game on (BF4) or work

XxCJDJxX

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/XxCJDJxX/saved/fDgFf7

CPU

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core £169.73 CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM £72.14 Motherboard Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 £102.32 Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 £70.56 Storage Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM £57.00 Video Card MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR £161.14 Case Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower £47.99 Power Supply EVGA 650W ATX12V / EPS12V £60.88 Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) £79.75

Total:  £821.51

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, bring others along."

My Rig: | CPUIntel Core i5-8700K 4.8GHz | MotherboardMSI Z370 SLI PLUS   | RAMCorsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB 2133 | GPUEVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB SC I | CasePhanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case | StorageCrucial MX300 756GB SSD | Crucial MX100 256GB SSD | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM x3 | PSUCorsair RM 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Modular |  DisplayAOC i2769Vm 60Hz 27" x 2 Acer 27" H277HU 2K | CPU CoolingCorsair H110i Liquid Cooler | KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB | MouseCorsair SCIMITAR PRO RGB | Sound: Corsair Void Yellow WIFI | OS: Windows 10 Professional

Yes just don't get WD greens.

Why, are they slow or something?

"Nope, said the engineer"

You can add a 3TB HDD for more storage at a later date, for ~£70 - 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£164.00 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£72.14 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£72.84 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£83.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£161.14 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case: NZXT Source 530 ATX Full Tower Case  (£65.98 @ CCL Computers) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£79.75 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £825.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-28 21:59 BST+0100

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Why, are they slow or something?

Yes extremely. Get blue or blacks

Yes extremely. Get blue or blacks

That is BS I run a green drive for games and it loads quickly and I had a friend that ran a green as an OS drive before he upgraded both were fine.

That is BS I run a green drive for games and it loads quickly and I had a friend that ran a green as an OS drive before he upgraded both were fine.

Is not. ask anyone else on the forum.

Really... because my green is absolutely fine for storage and games and it was cheap nothing wrong with it.

Really... because my green is absolutely fine for storage and games and it was cheap nothing wrong with it.

A lot slower then blues of blacks. The are meant for long term storage you don't access often because they run quiet and use low power. Like storing a lot of pictures. You are not going to look at them often so you don't need them bugging down you HDD.

They are slightly slower than blues, but it's a very minor difference... the RPM of the drive don't necessarily means it's going to be slow, there are a lot of factors, like what headers are they using, how they distribute them , the controller, etc...

If you want to reduce the noise on your system getting greens instead of blues/barracudas is the way to go.

To the OP. You are spending £72.14 on cooling, are you insane? If you want to OC so that you can improve performance, why don't you get an i7 for this amount of money? On BF4 it's proven that extra threads increase performance a bit, certainly more than a couple megahertz on the core clocks. And for working it's a major improve on heavy duty applications.

I would get the Asus-A, the 4690K with the stock cooler, but pair it with a R9 290, that you can get for £280. It's going to be a lot better, you can later down the road get the Aftermarket cooler and the SSD, both which are very needed.

this will work fine :D like the others said, drop the wd green and get a blue (theyre more meant to be used on a daily basis which is basically what a gaming machine/pc is, a daily use machine)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Better psu (Crossfire ready) and a 256GB SSD

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£164.00 @ Aria PC) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£94.53 @ Ebuyer) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£73.79 @ Amazon UK) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£161.14 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Case: Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case  (£47.99 @ Aria PC) 

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£79.75 @ Amazon UK) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£79.75 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £826.21

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-29 00:26 BST+0100

**If you buy the board and cpu as a bundle you can get some cashback from Gigabyte**

http://uk-promotion.gigabytenordic.com/  (£22.50 off the Z97X-SLI and i5 4690K bundle)

Hi there, 

As some of the people in the Community already mentioned, the WD Greens are less power consuming and very quiet. They are reliable drives, recommended for secondary storage. The WD HDDs, designed especially for gamers are the Blacks. The larger cache will help reducing the loading times while gaming. For less demanding games the standard WD Blue drives are quite fine too. 

Hope you'll have lots of fun on the Battlefield!

Titania_WD

www.wdc.com