Cooler Master USA Website - New Browsing Paths

CM Norumu

Hey there LTT folks!

I've been making a lot of quality of life changes to our us.coolermaster.com website and wanted your opinions!

I recently changed the categories under Cases and Power Supply menus to align more closely with how major vendor sites like Amazon and Newegg filter/navigate those kinds of products in order to help people find what they're looking for.

Before, Cases were just sorted by Size/Form Factor only. Now, the sorting includes motherboard compatibility, design intent, and more.

PSU's were sorted by seemingly arbitrary intent like "Gaming" and "Home/Office", which I considered very unclear, so now it's listed out by spec and series names.

I'm looking to do similar work with our Mobile and Gaming, and I'm not sure if we need to make changes to Cooling, so if you could help me out and let me know what you think about the changes to Case and PSUs, and if you have any recommendations, please share them openly! The whole point is to make the website easier for you and others looking for our products!

Thanks!

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

More ways to sort is always good imo, but I'm a power user, so yeah. I like it. It's simple and tiered in a non-cluttered way. @Shd0w2 I recommend the Quickfire TK. It's great.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It looks awesome.. makes me want to buy something, maybe a mechanical keyboard

I've got a Quickfire Ultimate by them, I like it! ( MX Brown, red leds ).

Hey there LTT folks!

I've been making a lot of quality of life changes to our us.coolermaster.com website and wanted your opinions!

I recently changed the categories under Cases and Power Supply menus to align more closely with how major vendor sites like Amazon and Newegg filter/navigate those kinds of products in order to help people find what they're looking for.

Before, Cases were just sorted by Size/Form Factor only. Now, the sorting includes motherboard compatibility, design intent, and more.

PSU's were sorted by seemingly arbitrary intent like "Gaming" and "Home/Office", which I considered very unclear, so now it's listed out by spec and series names.

I'm looking to do similar work with our Mobile and Gaming, and I'm not sure if we need to make changes to Cooling, so if you could help me out and let me know what you think about the changes to Case and PSUs, and if you have any recommendations, please share them openly! The whole point is to make the website easier for you and others looking for our products!

Thanks!

Needs to be better sorting for fans than by series. Because i have no idea what thoes names mean.

Also, the TPC 612 and 812 are missing... 

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Another thing, CPU coolers should be sortable by TDP, or low profile VS full height.

Also, what happened to the glacier?

And liquid coolers should be sortable by rad size, 1x 120, 1x 140, 2x 120, 2x 140

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Needs to be better sorting for fans than by series. Because i have no idea what thoes names mean.

Also, the TPC 612 and 812 are missing... 

Thanks for the tips on the fan series stuff.

TPC 612 and 812 aren't listed because they're not supplied in the US any longer. We migrated our old website to a new setup in the past few months and have been slowly working on getting older/inactive product listed, but it's a work in progress that takes a backseat to current material.

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

Another thing, CPU coolers should be sortable by TDP, or low profile VS full height.

Also, what happened to the glacier?

And liquid coolers should be sortable by rad size, 1x 120, 1x 140, 2x 120, 2x 140

Glacer is listed under liquid cooler. I agree on the rad size sorting, but I think I'd go with 120mm, 140mm, 240mm, 280mm similar to how the compatibility is sorted under the Cases category.

Thanks for the tips on the fan series stuff.

TPC 612 and 812 aren't listed because they're not supplied in the US any longer. We migrated our old website to a new setup in the past few months and have been slowly working on getting older/inactive product listed, but it's a work in progress that takes a backseat to current material.

Hmm, didnt know that. Maby that means my tpc 612 will gain value...

One more thing, the Extreme power plus are not listed under discontinued, or current. 

Glacer is listed under liquid cooler. I agree on the rad size sorting, but I think I'd go with 120mm, 140mm, 240mm, 280mm similar to how the compatibility is sorted under the Cases category.

oh yeah, woops.

What happened to the eisberg tho? Non US?

very nice!

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

ooh, one more thing, if the TPC 612 is discontinued in us, it shouldent be the picture under that tab...

post-53826-0-90011200-1409247792_thumb.p

Hmm, didnt know that. Maby that means my tpc 612 will gain value...

One more thing, the Extreme power plus are not listed under discontinued, or current. 

Extreme PP are part of that WIP. They've been replaced in product positioning by the Elite V2 550W which is a much improved, stabilized unit to replace the old Elite and Extreme PSUs while still remaining low-cost for bulk purchasers and system integrators. If you're looking for a low-cost consumer option, I'd look more to the GXII instead.

oh yeah, woops.

What happened to the eisberg tho? Non US?

Eisberg was effectively replaced by the Glacer, being an AIO system that was friendly to customization.

What happened to the QuickFire TK with brown switches in the UK. Most of them either don't have it in stock or only have the one with the stealth key caps.

Can't speak for UK specifically, but I know there's been a lot of choke in the Cherry switch supply line, but it's been easing up lately since other vendors switched to non-Cherry switches.

@CM Norumu damn that's smooth :) 11/10

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Extreme PP are part of that WIP. They've been replaced in product positioning by the Elite V2 550W which is a much improved, stabilized unit to replace the old Elite and Extreme PSUs while still remaining low-cost for bulk purchasers and system integrators. If you're looking for a low-cost consumer option, I'd look more to the GXII instead.

e

No, I know that they are utterly terrible, I have one. 60/500 Amazon reviews reported pops and sparks. I got a new PSU.

Can't speak for UK specifically, but I know there's been a lot of choke in the Cherry switch supply line, but it's been easing up lately since other vendors switched to non-Cherry switches.

Thanks for the info, nice to know its just a supply issue and your not discontinuing it.

Look clean, easy to navigate.

6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy

I prefer the sorting for the liquid coolers because they're divided up by each different name and then you can very clearly see which sizes there are. Pretty good.

No, I know that they are utterly terrible, I have one. 60/500 Amazon reviews reported pops and sparks. I got a new PSU.

While they're not the best out there, they are for specific needs. Typically, low cost, lower power builds, which are common in bulk kind of ordering for things like office machines and whatnot. They have a very specific set of abilities and aren't intended for everyone. I'd always recommend getting something that at least has 80 PLUS certification for personal use in a custom rig, especially if there's going to be gaming involved :D

ooh, one more thing, if the TPC 612 is discontinued in us, it shouldent be the picture under that tab...

While they're not the best out there, they are for specific needs. Typically, low cost, lower power builds, which are common in bulk kind of ordering for things like office machines and whatnot. They have a very specific set of abilities and aren't intended for everyone. I'd always recommend getting something that at least has 80 PLUS certification for personal use in a custom rig, especially if there's going to be gaming involved :D

I think my above post may have gotten lost

I'll echo spwath's concern on sorting by fan size, similarly Power Supplies could benefit from sorting by dimensions.

The "Gaming" tab, imo, should be called accessories or peripherals, because that's what they are.

Really like how the case section has been done.  Thanks for that :)

That site is nice, I think.

Since you are a Cooler Master rep, what are the chances of getting a scaled down matx Cosmos designed case?

what are the chances of getting a scaled down matx Cosmos designed case?

I haven't heard of such a thing in the pipeline, so I couldn't tell you. There's always a lot happening that I'm not "in the know" of though, so can't tell you one way or the other.