Need Help Choosing

PepperBurst

Guys I need help on what variant to get for and R9 290

I'm thinking of getting the reference card for future watercooling but I heard it's a bit hot.

Specs: i5-4690K, Asus Z97-A, (Still thinking on what PSU to get to put in a Define R4 White Case)

A 650 w psu will be enough as for the card i would chose a windforce or asus they have better cooling solution that saphire

psu:EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

I would recommend the Sapphire TRI-X or Vapor-X. And as for PSU an Corsair RM 750.

GPU yes, psu . . . ehh, there is better for the price and the amount of watts is overkill (although he did say that watercooling may be a thing happening in the future so a bnit of headroom might be needed) evga make awesome powersuplies

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

If you only want to get one and have no plan for upgrading then a 650w psu and a sapphire tri-x or vapor x (because im not sure that card will fit if you xfire i dont suggest for xfire) but if you want to upgrade later then i have a windforce and am planing on getting a evga 850 g2 for a second card

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

A 650 w psu will be enough as for the card i would chose a windforce or asus they have better cooling solution that saphire

psu:EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G

Thanks, I'm thinking of the Asus one, it might be good

GPU yes, psu . . . ehh, there is better for the price and the amount of watts is overkill (although he did say that watercooling may be a thing happening in the future so a bnit of headroom might be needed) evga make awesome powersuplies

How many years can a good PSU last?

If you only want to get one and have no plan for upgrading then a 650w psu and a sapphire tri-x or vapor x (because im not sure that card will fit if you xfire i dont suggest for xfire) but if you want to upgrade later then i have a windforce and am planing on getting a evga 850 g2 for a second card

ATM I'm not really thinking about crossfire

How many years can a good PSU last?

Some of the EVGA Supernovas have 10 year warranties.

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Might wan't to reconsider the ''Asus or gigabyte are the better coolers'' guys...here's linus:

RESULTS AT 4:52

Even Club 3D and XFX are doing better...MSI and sapphire are the best.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Might wan't to reconsider the ''Asus or gigabyte are the better coolers'' guys...here's linus:

RESULTS AT 4:52

Even Club 3D and XFX are doing better...MSI and sapphire are the best.

A 290x is 200 more also the cooler of those are better

and the difference is not that big

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

A 290x is 200 more also the cooler of those are better

and the difference is not that big

no they are the same coolers, exactly the same.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

no they are the same coolers, exactly the same.

So is the Asus R9 290 a thing to consider even though there are issues others say about the heatpipe or should I just get the Sapphire one?

So is the Asus R9 290 a thing to consider even though there are issues others say about the heatpipe or should I just get the Sapphire one?

many users have had problems (flickering, black screens, random crashes) with asus radeon cards (280x, 290 and 290x) so i'd go with either sapphire or msi...gigabyte if you dont mind the noisy windforce.

many users have had problems (flickering, black screens, random crashes) with asus radeon cards (280x, 290 and 290x) so i'd go with either sapphire or msi...gigabyte if you dont mind the noisy windforce.

I see, it is worth it to wait for the new Nvidia GPU line up and see what happens to the pricing of other cards and the card itself?

I see, it is worth it to wait for the new Nvidia GPU line up and see what happens to the pricing of other cards and the card itself?

new cards i dont know if they will be worth it and honestly price/performance on the r9 290s ATM is very hard to beat i doubt it's worth the wait...if you dont need the gpu right away to game and you are willing to wait...new gpus usualy launch end of november or decemer for the holydays, its a 3 month waiting time...

new cards i dont know if they will be worth it and honestly price/performance on the r9 290s ATM is very hard to beat i doubt it's worth the wait...if you dont need the gpu right away to game and you are willing to wait...new gpus usualy launch end of november or decemer for the holydays, its a 3 month waiting time...

I was thinking that if new Graphics Cards are out, certainly it will affect other cards in terms of pricing right?

I have the Asus 290 DCUII, and the heatpipe issue is real and is a stain on Asus' reputation. The orientation of the Hawaii Gpu is at odds with the design of the DCUII cooler. Overclocking on a 290 DCUII requires that you either leave voltages alone for the most part because the cooler will buckle, or attempt undervolting (which actually works very well with a 290, because voltage = heat = leakage = heat = more voltage = more heat = more leakage = more heat etc..). but I digress, just don't bother with Asus unless you really want an Asus card. Also something to consider, the XFX and MSI non-reference cards do not have silent mode, which turns on the GPU Target Temperature feature in CCC. All other 290s have that feature.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR