3D Program?

The Hippo

Blender or sketchup are probably your best bets, with Sketchup more for CAD work and Blender for animation/modelling. Both have a bit of a learning curve though.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Blender or sketchup are probably your best bets, with Sketchup more for CAD work and Blender for animation/modelling. Both have a bit of a learning curve though.

THX ;)

Thera are a lot of 3D programs you can use. In case of sketchup I dont really like how it looks visually, bot for ie low cost architect work, its great. Blender is a good option but gets on its limits quite quickly. I would advise a payed 3D program like Maya or 3DS max,  for like developing a case Autodesk inventor is the best, since you can put alot of dimensions and stuff in it. For the most of the time you can get free trials... 

TVH7 , Scheeps dont like meat.

Indeed, I never Liked Blender.

Plus Maya is much more intuitive and powerfull and is free  for students ("students"). So yeah :) Go for it :)

Thera are a lot of 3D programs you can use. In case of sketchup I dont really like how it looks visually, bot for ie low cost architect work, its great. Blender is a good option but gets on its limits quite quickly. I would advise a payed 3D program like Maya or 3DS max,  for like developing a case Autodesk inventor is the best, since you can put alot of dimensions and stuff in it. For the most of the time you can get free trials... 

Plus Maya is much more intuitive and powerfull and is free  for students ("students"). So yeah :) Go for it :)

I disagree, Blender is very powerful and it's not because it's free that it is less powerful than a 3500$ software. There are many game and movie studios that use Blender, and I'm sure that you wouldn't be able to tell the diffrence between content produced with Blender or with Maya. 

That being said, I'm not a big fan of Blender's interface and workflow and it does take some getting used to, but it's free and it has a huge community that can help. I find it a lot easier to find help with my Blender questions than with Maya questions, especially for newbies' questions. :P

You can get a 3-years student version of Autodesk's software, however you're not allowed to release any content made with it - ex: mods for videogames - even if you don't sell them. 

If you're completely new I would advise starting with Blender. If you become good with it, you'll be able to make content of the same quality as someone working with Maya or 3DS Max. It's not because many professional game studios use Autodesk's payware that they are the best option for everyone and everything. 

I disagree, Blender is very powerful and it's not because it's free that it is less powerful than a 3500$ software. There are many game and movie studios that use Blender, and I'm sure that you wouldn't be able to tell the diffrence between content produced with Blender or with Maya. 

That being said, I'm not a big fan of Blender's interface and workflow and it does take some getting used to, but it's free and it has a huge community that can help. I find it a lot easier to find help with my Blender questions than with Maya questions, especially for newbies' questions. :P

You can get a 3-years student version of Autodesk's software, however you're not allowed to release any content made with it - ex: mods for videogames - even if you don't sell them. 

If you're completely new I would advise starting with Blender. If you become good with it, you'll be able to make content of the same quality as someone working with Maya or 3DS Max. It's not because many professional game studios use Autodesk's payware that they are the best option for everyone and everything. 

Yes, i must agree with your point.

However i don't have much time so i wont made another comment .

Maybe that just i really hate blenders interface :D

Debatable. From their website:

Any software provided through ARC may only be used for purposes directly related to learning, teaching, training, research and development that are part of the instructional functions performed by a qualified educational institution and may not be used for commercial, professional or any other for-profit purposes.

It only mentions it cannot be used for for-profit purposes. A 16 year old posting half-assed models for their "revolutionary" zombie mod for TF2 or other Call of Duty on ModDB that never actually reaches any useful stage is hardly commercial. Besides, it's impossible to tell what license have been used once you export the model to a different format; not that I condone such terrible cheating behaviour. :P

Bender promoting Blender.. suspicious.

Blenders in blender...

A lot of people would go: "Oh gosh! Blender is free, it must be terrible." but it's probably one of the best programs out there for what it does. I've been using Blender for 2 years, and yes, the interface takes some getting used to, but it's made like this to be extremely versatile and customizeable! The default shortcuts in Blender are close to perfection as long as you learn to work within Blender. 
If you take your time to learn Blender, you might even have a bit more value in the industry (If you go that way), since it's a free program, so the company doesn't have to pay for a license to you. 

Blender, Maya, Cinema 4D, 3DS Max are all great choices, and you can create high-quality products with all of them. It's really all about mastering one. But you won't be able to tell apart from a good creation which software was used. Unless you look at the old and primitive Rendering Engine that Blender used to use, vs. never engines such as OctaneRender, vRAY, Cycles, Mental Ray, etc.

Good luck!

BTW: If you choose Blender, I can recommend tutorials from Andrew Price and Blender Cookie! But for your starting project, choose this one: 

That was my door into CG, and has helped me be who/what I am today! :D

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain