Eh, I'm fine with it

What do we know about the 780T? Release date? Features-Build quality? I might give it a try...

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I love the look of this little guy. I really want one eventually.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Absolutely love it, people keep comparing it to cars but to me its just a miniature 600T, nice to see they are keeping that styling theme alive, 600T is a great looking case and so is this.

Corsair George is a big guy, how the feck did this wimpy handle even make it through testing? Slick is a big guy, but he isn't Shaq levels of huge. it's like Corsair doesn't care anymore about their products being used in the real world.

Or Corsair assumes everyone has Linus hands.

Absolutely love it, people keep comparing it to cars but to me its just a miniature 600T, nice to see they are keeping that styling theme alive, 600T is a great looking case and so is this.

I agree 100% with you Zahkyto. As a 600T owner, i find the 380T really captures my case's looks while managing to shrink into a form factor that could potentially for me replace my MacBook Pro with a Portable desktop.

I mean looking at these two makes it easy to see the heritage. Kinda like the 600T is the 380T's elderly uncle:

post-5237-0-30579600-1409332845_thumb.pn

Apple Pippin 2.0 (Corsair Gaming Hackintosh) :

• Intel Core i5 3570K with CM Hyper 212 Evo Cooler (Push-pull with Corsair AF120 and SP120)
  • 24 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
  • MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition
  • Intel 330 Series 120 GB SSD (Mac OS X)
  • Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB SSD (Windows 7)
  • OWC Mercury Electra 3G 30 GB SSD (Scratch Disk)
  • 1.8 TB of HDD Storage
  • Corsair 600T White case
  • Corsair K60 Keyboard
  • Corsair M65 Mouse
  • Corsair GS800 PSU

I got the silver 600T, seeing as there are images of a silver 380T online I might be tempted to buy a companion for my desktop, always wanted a smaller less power hungry machine, seams pointless browsing the internet or watching a movie on a gaming monster.

So what? Plastic is not 1 material. It is a set of several materials that can all be described as "plastic". There is good plastic and there is the not so good one. The yellow pieces you see in the video can likely withstand a direct punch from me without any issues. Remember this is coming from the guy who went to an all aluminum CaseLabs case. But anyway I won't say much more here, will save it for tomorrow.

Done: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/206525-my-review-of-the-corsair-graphite-380t/

I wasn't able to get the stress strain curve done in time, will add if I get time to do that.

I got the silver 600T, seeing as there are images of a silver 380T online I might be tempted to buy a companion for my desktop, always wanted a smaller less power hungry machine, seams pointless browsing the internet or watching a movie on a gaming monster.

Or as Luke shows in the video, you could buy the white model and remove the colored pieces and paint them silver ?

• Intel Core i5 3570K with CM Hyper 212 Evo Cooler (Push-pull with Corsair AF120 and SP120)
  • 1.8 TB of HDD Storage
  • Corsair K60 Keyboard
  • Corsair M65 Mouse
  • Corsair GS800 PSU

Or as Luke shows in the video, you could buy the white model and remove the colored pieces and paint them silver ?

Yeah but it looks like there is going to be a factory painted silver edition going around, surely its more time and cost effected to just buy that?

Yeah but it looks like there is going to be a factory painted silver edition going around, surely its more time and cost effected to just buy that?

True but there's no guarantee they'll do that exact color yet right ?

• 1.8 TB of HDD Storage
  • Corsair K60 Keyboard
  • Corsair M65 Mouse
  • Corsair GS800 PSU

So let me preface this by saying I am not an expert case modder. However, I do have experience with taking many different kinds of things apart and assembling.  Sorry be to so vauge about it but my point I'm trying to get at is that I have heard people complain that cases are riveted together instead of skrews.  I get that a skrew is ideal choice to be able to take something apart and be able to use the same hardware to reassemble, but I really don't think having to drill out a rivet and then replace it with a skrew or even put a new rivet in is that big of a deal at all.  Am I missing something here?  When a case is riveted together do they use an adhesive or something additional that I don't know about?  

Most people don't have a drill or rivet gun, but almost everyone has a philips head screwdriver. It just comes down to convenience and tools- screws are also way faster and less of a hassle. There is a side note here in that rivets are cheaper to do than design a case held by screws so people tend to almost universally associate it with cheap build quality for whatever reason.

Doesn't it irritate anyone other than me that half the time the links don't work half the time.

• 3 months later...

So, Corsair RM850 won't fit. What about RM650? It is smaller right.

• 1 month later...

Tried to find a newer post regarding this but hope it's the last one.  :D

I actually switched from my current 250D to 380T mostly because of the looks, integrated fan controller and the carrying handle .. but I was wrong.

I really wanted to keep it but come on.. 250D has no limit on PSU size (it can perfectly fit my 750 G2 from EVGA and even bigger PSU's - not saying that anyone would need a PSU larger than 180mm on mini ITX system but 160mm does limit very much the number of 80+ Gold and Platinum PSUs you can use), the handles are held by plastic grommets (if they brake by accident good luck finding spares), the GPU holding bracket is held by just one screw and just the ideea of removing the top panel for easy management like in 250D is not practical on 380T.

And there is more to say at least.. Magnetic dust filters on 250D which are easily removable, option for additional storage drives / fan controller or dvd-drive and better cable management.

Not sure what Corsair is doing here (sure it can fit larger CPU coolers, the mesh on all panels allows for better air cooling, it looks beautiful) but at this price point (being more expensive than 250D, actually double the price in Europe I expected more..

It's nice if you will carry it to lan parties, won't care much about HDD storage or additional bays and really want to invest in air colling (not AIO solutions that are bound to brake at one point).