Buying RAM - what to choose?

Thanks. There are so many 1600 RAM out there no idea which one to get. Will have a NZXT H440 white case. And Asus ROG ranger mobo. I think 8GB is enough, don't think I can stretch my budget to 16gb.

Thanks. There are so many 1600 RAM out there no idea which one to get. Will have a NZXT H440 white case. And Asus ROG ranger mobo. I think 8GB is enough, don't think I can stretch my budget to 16gb.

find a one which fits your red/black board

look for the lowest CAS latency of the 1600MHz

CL7 is the lowest for 1600MHz but will be more costly

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Thanks. I see there is 1.5v and 1.35v what are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks. I see there is 1.5v and 1.35v what are the pros and cons of each?

1.35 are considered to be low voltage RAMs

they run cooler and draw less power

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Thanks. So with 1.35v it should cost more ?

whats is the price difference between the 1.5 and 1.35?

Same price 1 or 2 dollars difference.

take the low voltage version

Ok will do. And 1600 ram is ok to overclock i5 4690k?

LOL! Sorry, but "APU" stands for "Accelerated Processing Unit" 

APU actually stands for A Peice of Useless S#$%

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Ok will do. And 1600 ram is ok to overclock i5 4690k?

I assume this is for gaming, i which case I wouldnt bother overclocking, just get a better GPU.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

APU actually stands for A Peice of Useless S#$%

That's pretty harsh. APUs can be pretty useful for certain situations.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

That's pretty harsh. APUs can be pretty useful for certain situations.

VERY few situations maybe. and that's if they are on sale. 

VERY few situations maybe. and that's if they are on sale. 

That's still no reason to bash on them, they have their own place in the market, as do high-end discrete GPUs and CPUs.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!